Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
4:45 EST

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/1110AP_Port_Arrests.html?source=mypi

Sunday, January 7, 2007 · Last updated 1:31 p.m. PT

3 detained trying to enter Port of Miami

By KELLI KENNEDY
ASSOCIATED PRESS WRITER

MIAMI -- Three men were caught trying to slip past a checkpoint in a cargo truck Sunday at the Port of Miami, said authorities, who increased security at the busy trade hub.

A port security officer became suspicious when the truck driver could not produce proper paperwork to enter the port about 8 a.m., Miami-Dade Police Detective Richard Williams said. The driver also indicated he was alone in the truck.

Officers searched the truck and found two men in the cab trying to hide, Williams said.

The three men - two Iraqis and one Lebanese national who are legal permanent U.S. residents - were taken into custody for questioning. They had not been arrested or charged by Sunday afternoon...

I wonder how many Mexicans, Cubans, and Haitians have gotten in since CNN started panicking about this.

A bit more on what was in truck:

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/16405707.htm

Sunday, Jan 07, 2007
Posted on Sun, Jan. 07, 2007

Authorities found two 55-gallon containers in truck trying to enter Port of Miami-Dade
By DAVID OVALLE, JAY WEAVER, ALDO NAHED and ROB BARRY
[email protected]

Authorities discovered two suspicious 55-gallon containers in the back of a truck operated by an Iraqi man who sparked a national security investigation after he was stopped from entering the Port of Miami-Dade on Sunday morning.

Miami-Dade County police's bomb squad and fire rescue's hazmat team were examining the 18-wheel tractor-trailer truck to determine what the containers' held, police said.

Seems it was 'just a confused mess, no threat'. Why does this remind me of the flying imams?

Well, don't know about the rest of you, but I'd prefer they error on the side of caution.:cool:

Keeps our enemies guessing.:eusa_whistle:

Seems like a set-up/probe? CAIR will soon be yelling about Islamaphobia.

Forum List

Back