Newport UPS store loses franchise deal; refuses to wear masks

Yeah, I know. Easy. There is a KFC near my house. No masks..not even gloves. I used to stop there often on the way to work.

They will get none of my business even though I'm vaccinated, 10 feet tall and bullet proof.

When we visited my parents over Thanksgiving and Christmas in Florida I worked out a local gym there all week both times. No mask requirements. I was perfectly fine.

Good for you.

I'll also point out the irony of you having no apprehension to clogging your arteries with unhealthy fried food, but the almost non-existent possibility of you catching COVID from it puts it off the table for you.

NEWPORT, Vt. (WCAX) - Residents in Newport City do not have a UPS store as of Thursday afternoon.

While the store is still there, the company pulled its franchise deal with them because they say they violated its uniform policy which includes wearing masks.

A corporate spokesperson from The UPS Store issued a statement late Thursday saying they have terminated their relationship with the Newport outlet.

“We take customer safety very seriously and made repeated attempts to gain compliance from this franchise owner. However, those attempts were ignored and as a result, we have terminated our relationship with this franchise owner, effective close of business Thursday, February 18.”
Seems like such an easy rule to follow too...:dunno:

Good.

I'm glad to know that some corporations are doing there right thing.

This owner is causing the virus to spread more throughout his community.

He should be shut down with someone more responsible to take his place.

Yeah, I know. Easy. There is a KFC near my house. No masks..not even gloves. I used to stop there often on the way to work.

They will get none of my business even though I'm vaccinated, 10 feet tall and bullet proof.

When we visited my parents over Thanksgiving and Christmas in Florida I worked out a local gym there all week both times. No mask requirements. I was perfectly fine.

well then, that right there is proof positive that their is no such thing as Covid, you freakin ass hole.

well then, that right there is proof positive that their is no such thing as Covid, you freakin ass hole.

You're the one who said that, not me. Are you one of those QAnon people?

the almost non-existent possibility of you catching COVID

This is something I have never understood.
They say if you touch a surface with Covid and then touch your mouth you will get Covid.
BUT
If you eat food with Covid on it (food touching your mouth) you will not.

WTF???????????

NEWPORT, Vt. (WCAX) - Residents in Newport City do not have a UPS store as of Thursday afternoon.

While the store is still there, the company pulled its franchise deal with them because they say they violated its uniform policy which includes wearing masks.

A corporate spokesperson from The UPS Store issued a statement late Thursday saying they have terminated their relationship with the Newport outlet.

“We take customer safety very seriously and made repeated attempts to gain compliance from this franchise owner. However, those attempts were ignored and as a result, we have terminated our relationship with this franchise owner, effective close of business Thursday, February 18.”

Good.

It sucks for the people of Newport, but its their own fault.

They say if you touch a surface with Covid and then touch your mouth you will get Covid.
BUT

WTF???????????

Surely, you're not a science denier, are you?

BUT

WTF???????????

Surely, you're not a science denier, are you?

can you answer the question or not?

Why does it spread from your finger but not your food? Thanks

Good for you.

I'll also point out the irony of you having no apprehension to clogging your arteries with unhealthy fried food, but the almost non-existent possibility of you catching COVID from it puts it off the table for you.

Ok.

You're starved for attention. Hope this helps.

that's how it should be.

as it should be.

Good.

Link for the causation accusation?

Not sure what any of that means.

It simply means that my purchasing is now, in part ,determined by a sellers politics.
Good for you but I don't think it's smart. If you dig deep enough into the politics of any place, you're more than likely to find things you don't agree with. But if that's your stance...more power to you.

It's not a matter of disagreeing or of "looking."
I had no problem with with Dems or liberals or conservatives my whole life.
This is different, this is good vs evil. This is moral vs immoral. This is existential.
This is not about policy disagreements.