Newport UPS store loses franchise deal; refuses to wear masks

Yeah, I know. Easy. There is a KFC near my house. No masks..not even gloves. I used to stop there often on the way to work.

They will get none of my business even though I'm vaccinated, 10 feet tall and bullet proof.

When we visited my parents over Thanksgiving and Christmas in Florida I worked out a local gym there all week both times. No mask requirements. I was perfectly fine.

Good for you.

I'll also point out the irony of you having no apprehension to clogging your arteries with unhealthy fried food, but the almost non-existent possibility of you catching COVID from it puts it off the table for you.

Ok.

You're starved for attention. Hope this helps.

And yet it was you who made a point of virtue signaling in the first place, not me.

NEWPORT, Vt. (WCAX) - Residents in Newport City do not have a UPS store as of Thursday afternoon.

While the store is still there, the company pulled its franchise deal with them because they say they violated its uniform policy which includes wearing masks.

A corporate spokesperson from The UPS Store issued a statement late Thursday saying they have terminated their relationship with the Newport outlet.

“We take customer safety very seriously and made repeated attempts to gain compliance from this franchise owner. However, those attempts were ignored and as a result, we have terminated our relationship with this franchise owner, effective close of business Thursday, February 18.”
Seems like such an easy rule to follow too...:dunno:

Good.

I'm glad to know that some corporations are doing there right thing.

This owner is causing the virus to spread more throughout his community.

He should be shut down with someone more responsible to take his place.
It sucks for the people of Newport, but its their own fault.

I don't think it sucks for them.

In fact, it benefits the people of the city.

It's one more place that isn't spreading the virus. Which helps us all get back to something close to normal again and will save lives.

My favorite aunt died of the virus. There are half a million families who are like me and have lost someone they love. I don't want more families to have to lose someone they loved. The death has to stop.

UPS will come to a person's door to pick up a package. There are tons of websites that sell shipping materials or other stores in town that sell it so no one will really be without the services they need.

Not sure what any of that means.

It simply means that my purchasing is now, in part ,determined by a sellers politics.
the stupid in your post is overwhelming. so you wouldn't accept a life saving product from them because they don't think like you. amazing.

It's not because they don't think like me, I enjoy people that challenge my beliefs. It is that they support immoral, unethical, selfish, greedy. Evil.

Yeah, I know. Easy. There is a KFC near my house. No masks..not even gloves. I used to stop there often on the way to work.

They will get none of my business even though I'm vaccinated, 10 feet tall and bullet proof.

When we visited my parents over Thanksgiving and Christmas in Florida I worked out a local gym there all week both times. No mask requirements. I was perfectly fine.

Good for you.

I'll also point out the irony of you having no apprehension to clogging your arteries with unhealthy fried food, but the almost non-existent possibility of you catching COVID from it puts it off the table for you.

Ok.

And yet it was you who made a point of virtue signaling in the first place, not me.
I'm not even sure what virtue signaling is but whatever.

It simply means that my purchasing is now, in part ,determined by a sellers politics.
Good for you but I don't think it's smart. If you dig deep enough into the politics of any place, you're more than likely to find things you don't agree with. But if that's your stance...more power to you.

It's not a matter of disagreeing or of "looking."
I had no problem with with Dems or liberals or conservatives my whole life.
This is different, this is good vs evil. This is moral vs immoral. This is existential.
This is not about policy disagreements.
You're putting a lot of importance into a sandwich.

Also, if you're not buying from Jimmy Johns or sleeping in a Marriott, you're not hurting corporate much...you're hurting the franchisee...who may be your neighbor.

But that's just my take.

the stupid in your post is overwhelming. so you wouldn't accept a life saving product from them because they don't think like you. amazing.

It's not because they don't think like me, I enjoy people that challenge my beliefs. It is that they support immoral, unethical, selfish, greedy. Evil.
What do you consider immoral?

NEWPORT, Vt. (WCAX) - Residents in Newport City do not have a UPS store as of Thursday afternoon.

While the store is still there, the company pulled its franchise deal with them because they say they violated its uniform policy which includes wearing masks.

A corporate spokesperson from The UPS Store issued a statement late Thursday saying they have terminated their relationship with the Newport outlet.

“We take customer safety very seriously and made repeated attempts to gain compliance from this franchise owner. However, those attempts were ignored and as a result, we have terminated our relationship with this franchise owner, effective close of business Thursday, February 18.”

Good.

I'm glad to know that some corporations are doing there right thing.

This owner is causing the virus to spread more throughout his community.

He should be shut down with someone more responsible to take his place.
It sucks for the people of Newport, but its their own fault.

I don't think it sucks for them.

In fact, it benefits the people of the city.

It's one more place that isn't spreading the virus. Which helps us all get back to something close to normal again and will save lives.

My favorite aunt died of the virus. There are half a million families who are like me and have lost someone they love. I don't want more families to have to lose someone they loved. The death has to stop.

UPS will come to a person's door to pick up a package. There are tons of websites that sell shipping materials or other stores in town that sell it so no one will really be without the services they need.
Name people infected by a ups person

I'll bet you're one of the idiots that will keep on wearing a mask even though you test positive for the antibodies...aren't you? It's all about optics to people like you!

I'll bet you're one of the idiots that will keep on wearing a mask even though you test positive for the antibodies...aren't you? It's all about optics to people like you!

I'll bet you're one of the idiots who thinks there was massive voter fraud:

The simple truth is that Trump is being a sore loser c*nt. He lost fair and square. Get over it.
The simple truth is we set up an election where fraud was baked into the cake and now the result is being questioned. Mail in voting is a disaster and you could see it coming a mile off but anyone who pointed out what a debacle it was going to create was labeled as someone who wanted to "suppress" the vote!

Called it!

We stopped going to Sonic because they didn't wear masks... even though they make the best burgers around here IMO. Tried them for the first time in months and lo and behold...everyone had a mask on. Guess they got the message.

We stopped going to Sonic because they didn't wear masks... even though they make the best burgers around here IMO. Tried them for the first time in months and lo and behold...everyone had a mask on. Guess they got the message.
I'm sorry to hear that.

The simple truth is that Trump is being a sore loser c*nt. He lost fair and square. Get over it.
The simple truth is we set up an election where fraud was baked into the cake and now the result is being questioned. Mail in voting is a disaster and you could see it coming a mile off but anyone who pointed out what a debacle it was going to create was labeled as someone who wanted to "suppress" the vote!

Called it!
Do I think more people voted for Joe Biden than any other candidate in US election history? I find that premise almost laughable to be honest with you. Joe Biden is literally a drooling idiot who's been running for President since Nixon was in office but suddenly he's the greatest vote getter EVER, receiving more votes than Barack Obama? Yeah, I believe the election had elements of fraud in it. Mail in voting and ballot harvesting is an invitation to commit fraud but almost impossible to prove which is why I was so opposed to both LONG before the election!

I'm sorry to hear that.

No need to worry about us...we're doing fine...

In the state of Missouri, the COVID-19 positivity rate as well as daily cases reported are finally trending down.

<snip>

Gov. Mike Parson has applauded the state’s dropping positivity rate, which is now as low as 7%. Parson tweeted Thursday that this is the first time the rate has stayed below 10% since in October.

And we didn't destroy our economy in the process...

6 a.m. -- The economy is slowly improving in rural parts of 10 Plains and Western states, but employment remains below the level it was at before the coronavirus pandemic began last year, according to a new monthly survey of bankers released Thursday.

The overall index for the region increased to 53.8 in February from January’s 52. Any score above 50 suggests a growing economy, while a score below 50 suggests a shrinking economy.

COVID-19 LIVE UPDATES: Missouri reports 11.1% of population has received at least one vaccine dose

UPS stores have very low adjusted gross sales. They may have been doing this to get out of their franchise agreement.
They lost the entire value of the franchise !!

This shows that masks are a political agenda for you. No need for you to pretend that you believe masks can stop viruses that are 1000 times smaller than the pores or holes of masks, right? This is political agenda.

The only people using masks as a political agenda are anti-mask Trumpbots.

Good for you.

Ok.

It's a new right wing buzzphrase like "cancel-culture". :rolleyes-41:

Virtue Signalling (Urban Dictionary)
To take a conspicuous but essentially useless action ostensibly to support a good cause but actually to show off how much more moral you are than everybody else.

Called it!
Do I think more people voted for Joe Biden than any other candidate in US election history? I find that premise almost laughable to be honest with you. Joe Biden is literally a drooling idiot who's been running for President since Nixon was in office but suddenly he's the greatest vote getter EVER, receiving more votes than Barack Obama? Yeah, I believe the election had elements of fraud in it. Mail in voting and ballot harvesting is an invitation to commit fraud but almost impossible to prove which is why I was so opposed to both LONG before the election!

Yet zero fraud has been proven. The jokes on you.

I'm sorry to hear that.

No need to worry about us...we're doing fine...

In the state of Missouri, the COVID-19 positivity rate as well as daily cases reported are finally trending down.​
<snip>​
Gov. Mike Parson has applauded the state’s dropping positivity rate, which is now as low as 7%. Parson tweeted Thursday that this is the first time the rate has stayed below 10% since in October.​

And we didn't destroy our economy in the process...

6 a.m. -- The economy is slowly improving in rural parts of 10 Plains and Western states, but employment remains below the level it was at before the coronavirus pandemic began last year, according to a new monthly survey of bankers released Thursday.​
The overall index for the region increased to 53.8 in February from January’s 52. Any score above 50 suggests a growing economy, while a score below 50 suggests a shrinking economy.​
No, I meant that Sonic was the best burger in your area. Yikes!

Good for you.

Ok.

It's a new right wing buzzphrase like "cancel-culture". :rolleyes-41:

Virtue Signalling (Urban Dictionary)
To take a conspicuous but essentially useless action ostensibly to support a good cause but actually to show off how much more moral you are than everybody else.

Ahh...okay.