Newport UPS store loses franchise deal; refuses to wear masks

Hellbilly

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 2016
Aniyuawiya
NEWPORT, Vt. (WCAX) - Residents in Newport City do not have a UPS store as of Thursday afternoon.

While the store is still there, the company pulled its franchise deal with them because they say they violated its uniform policy which includes wearing masks.

A corporate spokesperson from The UPS Store issued a statement late Thursday saying they have terminated their relationship with the Newport outlet.

“We take customer safety very seriously and made repeated attempts to gain compliance from this franchise owner. However, those attempts were ignored and as a result, we have terminated our relationship with this franchise owner, effective close of business Thursday, February 18.”
Seems like such an easy rule to follow too...:dunno:

NEWPORT, Vt. (WCAX) - Residents in Newport City do not have a UPS store as of Thursday afternoon.

While the store is still there, the company pulled its franchise deal with them because they say they violated its uniform policy which includes wearing masks.

A corporate spokesperson from The UPS Store issued a statement late Thursday saying they have terminated their relationship with the Newport outlet.

“We take customer safety very seriously and made repeated attempts to gain compliance from this franchise owner. However, those attempts were ignored and as a result, we have terminated our relationship with this franchise owner, effective close of business Thursday, February 18.”

Yeah, I know. Easy. There is a KFC near my house. No masks..not even gloves. I used to stop there often on the way to work.

They will get none of my business even though I'm vaccinated, 10 feet tall and bullet proof.

UPS stores have very low adjusted gross sales. They may have been doing this to get out of their franchise agreement.

Yeah, I know. Easy. There is a KFC near my house. No masks..not even gloves. I used to stop there often on the way to work.

They will get none of my business even though I'm vaccinated, 10 feet tall and bullet proof.
This shows that masks are a political agenda for you. No need for you to pretend that you believe masks can stop viruses that are 1000 times smaller than the pores or holes of masks, right? This is political agenda.

This shows that masks are a political agenda for you. No need for you to pretend that you believe masks can stop viruses that are 1000 times smaller than the pores or holes of masks, right? This is political agenda.

Your post is total bullshit as always. Thanks for the comic relief.

For me it is not political at all.
It’s common sense.

It’s common sense.
LOL- really? Stop breathing then- a mask protects you from others breathing so why do you feel you should tell them to stop doing what they're doing to protect you when you're already protected? SMH-

It’s common sense.
LOL- really? Stop breathing then- a mask protects you from others breathing so why do you feel you should tell them to stop doing what they're doing to protect you when you're already protected? SMH-
Now that is some stupid shit right there.
Outside of that, IT IS FUCKING RULE!
I haven’t had a car accident in 20 years. I don’t need insurance.
Wait, yes I do. Why? Its a rule.
You can choose to believe it or not but if its a rule follow it. If you don’t you could lose your job.

IT IS FUCKING RULE!
Rules are made to be broken. See the inhabitants of the District of Criminals for evidence- monkey see monkey do world- it is what it is- forcing a belief, or desire, on another is the root of ALL conflict-

It's a law- laws are to punish, rules are: one of a set of explicit or understood regulations or principles governing conduct within a particular activity or sphere.

You have insurance to keep from being punished when you have an accident- not if you have one. That's a numbers game- it punishes for what might happen - that is mind reading-

You can choose to believe it or not but if its a rule follow it. If you don’t you could lose your job.
I'm retired- so now what?

It’s common sense.
Now that is some stupid shit right there.
Outside of that, IT IS FUCKING RULE!
Yep, its all about compliance for lefties. No need to pretend you believe that the holes or pores in masks could ever filter out a virus that is a thousand times smaller, right? This is about compliance to political rules.

Since I was 18 I never made a buying decision based on the sellers politics, until Trump.
No longer. If you support this curse to democracy, fuck you.
I have to thank Facebook because Trumpists love to post their American hate on it. This allows me to know which businesses to avoid.

So far I figure I have redirected about $15,000 worth of business away from self professed Trumpists.

I hope others are doing the same.

Since I was 18 I never made a buying decision based on the sellers politics, until Trump.
No longer. If you support this curse to democracy, fuck you.
I have to thank Facebook because Trumpists love to post their American hate on it. This allows me to know which businesses to avoid.

So far I figure I have redirected about $15,000 worth of business away from self professed Trumpists.

I hope others are doing the same.

Not sure what any of that means.

The guy breathing on my food is causing me to not want to shop at that KFC.

I happily go to Chick-Fil-A when I want to--not exactly a lefty place. Jimmy Johns (for my money) makes the best deli sandwiches. The guy who owns them is a conservative ass-hat and apparently a real scumbag.

But if the people at CFA or JJ were not wearing masks or handling my food with their bare hands...I wouldn't go there either.

When we visited my parents over Thanksgiving and Christmas in Florida I worked out a local gym there all week both times. No mask requirements. I was perfectly fine.

When we visited my parents over Thanksgiving and Christmas in Florida I worked out a local gym there all week both times. No mask requirements. I was perfectly fine.

Good for you.