Newly released documents show how Trump undermined the CDC during COVID

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Once again, Trump shows he was only concerned with the effect COVID would have on his re-election rather than protect the American people

Emails and transcripts of interviews with former senior CDC officials released by the House select subcommittee on the coronavirus crisis reveal just how far administration officials went to tamp down the CDC’s public health communication efforts in the face of an emerging viral threat.

Respiratory Diseases Director Nancy Messonnier, she confirmed media reports that she had angered Trump when she told the media in Feb. 2020 that the virus could cause “severe” disruptions to daily life. Her remarks prompted phone calls from then-HHS Secretary Alex Azar and Redfield. Speaking about her call with Azar, Messonnier said that she was “upset” by the conversation.

Once again, Trump shows he was only concerned with the effect COVID would have on his re-election rather than protect the American people

Emails and transcripts of interviews with former senior CDC officials released by the House select subcommittee on the coronavirus crisis reveal just how far administration officials went to tamp down the CDC’s public health communication efforts in the face of an emerging viral threat.
MSN = HAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

For three months after the February briefing, the administration banned CDC officials from conducting any public briefings at the very same time the virus was rapidly spreading throughout the United States. The administration additionally denied numerous media requests for interviews with CDC officials. Schuchat said that she and many of her fellow CDC scientists felt that they “were hamstrung by a White House whose decisions are driven by politics rather than science.”

Dr. Scott Atlas, who was a special advisor to Trump, abruptly changed the CDC’s testing guidance to recommend asymptomatic people do not need a test even after they were exposed to the virus.

This recommendation was not the correct public health response, Dr. Deborah Birx testified to the committee, and she believed the administration made the recommendation in order to reduce the number of positive Covid tests.

Dr. Scott Atlas, who was a special advisor to Trump, abruptly changed the CDC’s testing guidance to recommend asymptomatic people do not need a test even after they were exposed to the virus.

This recommendation was not the correct public health response, Dr. Deborah Birx testified to the committee, and she believed the administration made the recommendation in order to reduce the number of positive Covid tests.
despite>>>>

~S~

We would be so much better off if Trump would have immediately disbanded the CDC upon the emergence of this virus. Yes. I am being serious.

More harm than good. Much more.

For three months after the February briefing, the administration banned CDC officials from conducting any public briefings at the very same time the virus was rapidly spreading throughout the United States.
>>>>

~S~

Yes. I am being serious.
1636893266100.png

~S~

We would be so much better off if Trump would have immediately disbanded the CDC upon the emergence of this virus. Yes. I am being serious.

More harm than good. Much more.

Why not?

He was doing everything else possible to undermine our COVID response including restricting CDC and withdrawing from WHO

While you were busy impeaching him and your Russian scam, Cotton WARNED you idiots. But you didn't know what Covid was at the time you stupid shit

you worked for a boss your whole life right???...No control of it just do what you were told like a good little cog right. You were nothing but a slave right??.Why should I listen to you????

While you were busy impeaching him and your Russian scam, Cotton WARNED you idiots. But you didn't know what Covid was at the time you stupid shit

you worked for a boss your whole life right???...No control of it just do what you were told like a good little cog right. You were nothing but a slave right??.Why should I listen to you????

LOL

You can’t impeach me
I have to protect America from COVID!

Why not?

He was doing everything else possible to undermine our COVID response including restricting CDC and withdrawing from WHO

Two years in. Or nearly. Nothing the govt has done for Covid has worked. Not really, nothing. The vaccines, once you pass the 2 week mark where you are MORE susceptible to get it, give you about a 90 day window of better odds. That's if you survive the increased risk of heart problems, blood clots, menstrual problems, etc. Now, many months out, we are seeing in MI what is seen in Ireland, Israel, the UK. MORE cases among the vaccinated than not. MORE cases.

Why the Vaccine Cult is so wedded to Big Pharma's gamble they cannot even admit this is beyond me. Sometimes it hits me that the Left has become shills for a Big Corp, and an utterly crooked one at that. Big Pharma. And I laugh out loud at how ridiculous it is.

But surely I will go to work tomorrow, my double vaxxed boss just having come off his Covid 10 day absence, he got Covid from his double-vaccinated wife. And he will tell me which double-vaccinated teacher I am subbing for.

Right. This is all in MI btw. Look up the stats and what kind of a surge we're going through.

And yes, when I get Covid it will be no kind of win for you all. I expect it, and am prepared. Thus far it has not happened. It keeps happening to all the vaxxed around me.

Two years in. Or nearly. Nothing the govt has done for Covid has worked. Not really, nothing. The vaccines, once you pass the 2 week mark where you are MORE susceptible to get it, give you about a 90 day window of better odds. That's if you survive the increased risk of heart problems, blood clots, menstrual problems, etc. Now, many months out, we are seeing in MI what is seen in Ireland, Israel, the UK. MORE cases among the vaccinated than not. MORE cases.

Why the Vaccine Cult is so wedded to Big Pharma's gamble they cannot even admit this is beyond me. Sometimes it hits me that the Left has become shills for a Big Corp, and an utterly crooked one at that. Big Pharma. And I laugh out loud at how ridiculous it is.

But surely I will go to work tomorrow, my double vaxxed boss just having come off his Covid 10 day absence, he got Covid from his double-vaccinated wife. And he will tell me which double-vaccinated teacher I am subbing for.

Right. This is all in MI btw. Look up the stats and what kind of a surge we're going through.

And yes, when I get Covid it will be no kind of win for you all. I expect it, and am prepared. Thus far it has not happened. It keeps happening to all the vaxxed around me.
Sorry
But we are too far in to play your COVID denial games

Sorry
But we are too far in to play your COVID denial games

Well, your "we" is losing. People who were in your "we" are seeing this crap happen to them in real life, to their friends and family and neighbors. And they're starting to ask questions about those Precious Vaccines that have no answer. That's why booster uptake is so low.

You were impeaching him at the end of last year you stupid fucker

Jesus Christ what you did to this country, someone should shoot you people dead
We impeached him twice

If Republicans hadn’t ignored his abuses the first time, we could have had a real leader during COVID

Pence would have acted responsibly, as would any other President

Well, your "we" is losing. People who were in your "we" are seeing this crap happen to them in real life, to their friends and family and neighbors. And they're starting to ask questions about those Precious Vaccines that have no answer. That's why booster uptake is so low.
Let me quantify “we” for you

I mean responsible Americans

Forum List

Back