New Zealand: First They Took Their Guns.....Now They're Removing Jesus From Their Lives

Yup......it's started.

New Zealand Christians Outraged as Govt Removes All References to Jesus From Parliamentary Prayer
03-30-2019
Steve Warren

Just barely two weeks following the mosque shootings in Christchurch, New Zealand, the government has decided to remove all references to Jesus Christ from its parliamentary prayer.

The move by Speaker of the House Trevor Mallard has angered the country's Christian population. Mallard made the decision in order to drop references to Jesus in order to make the prayer "more inclusive" for all parliamentarians.

The Guardian reports a reference to "Almighty God" remains, but it is not a specific reference to a Christian God.

Earlier this week, around 1,000 people protested just outside of the parliament building in Wellington. The group wanted Jesus name reinstated in the prayer because Christianity is part of the nation's history.

Ross Smith, the organizer of the event, told Radio NZ the country has a Christian heritage that should not be erased.

"It's a legacy. The principals and the values that are in this nation are based on our Christian-Judea roots. Removing the name would destroy those roots," he said.

"He needs a good kick in his pants, and he needs to actually be removed because this is a Christian nation," protester Rieki Teutscher told Radio NZ. We don't share his atheism."

Another demonstrator, Carmel Morgan, said Mallard should have consulted with New Zealanders or announced a referendum before changing the prayer.

"This is a land of democracy, this is a land of freedom, you know, we want to be a first world country... he took that choice away from us."

Other New Zealand politicians also voiced their concern over the change made by the speaker without consulting the entire parliament.

Well, the decision as to what should be changed should be made by parliamentarians and not the speaker – that's our position, I don't mind telling you publicly," deputy prime minister Winston Peters told RadioNZ.

"If you're going to make a change let's have parliament decide – not one person," Peters added.

Mallard said he had consulted other politicians and the majority he spoke to were in favor of a secular prayer.

One week after a white supremacist gunman opened fire inside two mosques, killing 50 people, the entire country observed a Muslim call to prayer. The event was televised nationwide. New Zealand Christians Outraged as Govt Removes All References to Jesus From Parliamentary Prayer

The Kiwi is a flightless bird that lives in holes and eats worms. The Kiwi is the National Bird of New Zealand. hmm

Last edited:
I hope the Good Fund Me page I set up will provide the sufficient funds to supply the victims of this institutional oppression the fainting couches and smelling salts they so desperately need.

It is not multiculturalism or diversity if one culture is banished from the public square.

Apparently the mention of "Almighty God" wasn't sufficient recognition enough for those so desperately seeking to feel victimized.

Are you attempting to claim that the article linked in the op is wrong and that the NZ government did NOT purposefully and actively attempt to purge from the public prayer any Christian references?

No, I am mocking the whiners laboring under the delusion that the goverment of New Zealand has removed Jesus from their lives. The only people that can remove Jesus from your life is you.

I saw no one in the OP make that claim.

The op was full of people discussing the removal of Christianity from a public prayer.

Sure they do. What a wonderful Progressive you are. They "share" indeed. What choice did they have after the white settlers decided they wanted that little island for themselves? Oh, this is rich. You have no idea, I'm sure of it, how perfect your so-called "explanation" is here.
See? White American church lady eyes, where other cultures are not in a position to be generous.

It's not about being "generous". It's about you saying crap that's totally antithetical to your Progressive cred, which is hilarious.

"Share". That's a good one. You're too much.

I hope the Good Fund Me page I set up will provide the sufficient funds to supply the victims of this institutional oppression the fainting couches and smelling salts they so desperately need.

It is not multiculturalism or diversity if one culture is banished from the public square.

Apparently the mention of "Almighty God" wasn't sufficient recognition enough for those so desperately seeking to feel victimized.

Are you attempting to claim that the article linked in the op is wrong and that the NZ government did NOT purposefully and actively attempt to purge from the public prayer any Christian references?

No, I am mocking the whiners laboring under the delusion that the goverment of New Zealand has removed Jesus from their lives. The only people that can remove Jesus from your life is you.

The op was full of people discussing the removal of Christianity from a public prayer.

Did you not read the title of the thread that brought you here?

There is a great problem with public prayer. It has come to be almost necessarily sectarian, causing rifts in the community and fostering disrespect.. Why can't participants in government functions pray before the formal agenda commences? What is stopping them?

So the Kiwis, as a diverse people, observed the Muslim call to prayer as part of a national memorial. It was done to show support and sympathy for a Kiwi community that had suffered a horrific crime and loss due to religious bigotry. While some group of Christians may have not wanted to observe, I bet many more Christian Kiwis did. It was great to see the videos of diverse New Zealanders turning out to perform memorial hakas in honor of the victims, even a black-clad motorcycle club.

BTW: contrary to the header, no one is "Removing Jesus" from any Christian's life. I'm sure that Christians have many churches in NZ and that no one is interfering with their practice of their faith.

Yup......it's started.

New Zealand Christians Outraged as Govt Removes All References to Jesus From Parliamentary Prayer
03-30-2019
Steve Warren

Just barely two weeks following the mosque shootings in Christchurch, New Zealand, the government has decided to remove all references to Jesus Christ from its parliamentary prayer.

The move by Speaker of the House Trevor Mallard has angered the country's Christian population. Mallard made the decision in order to drop references to Jesus in order to make the prayer "more inclusive" for all parliamentarians.

The Guardian reports a reference to "Almighty God" remains, but it is not a specific reference to a Christian God.

Earlier this week, around 1,000 people protested just outside of the parliament building in Wellington. The group wanted Jesus name reinstated in the prayer because Christianity is part of the nation's history.

Ross Smith, the organizer of the event, told Radio NZ the country has a Christian heritage that should not be erased.

"It's a legacy. The principals and the values that are in this nation are based on our Christian-Judea roots. Removing the name would destroy those roots," he said.

"He needs a good kick in his pants, and he needs to actually be removed because this is a Christian nation," protester Rieki Teutscher told Radio NZ. We don't share his atheism."

Another demonstrator, Carmel Morgan, said Mallard should have consulted with New Zealanders or announced a referendum before changing the prayer.

"This is a land of democracy, this is a land of freedom, you know, we want to be a first world country... he took that choice away from us."

Other New Zealand politicians also voiced their concern over the change made by the speaker without consulting the entire parliament.

Well, the decision as to what should be changed should be made by parliamentarians and not the speaker – that's our position, I don't mind telling you publicly," deputy prime minister Winston Peters told RadioNZ.

"If you're going to make a change let's have parliament decide – not one person," Peters added.

Mallard said he had consulted other politicians and the majority he spoke to were in favor of a secular prayer.

One week after a white supremacist gunman opened fire inside two mosques, killing 50 people, the entire country observed a Muslim call to prayer. The event was televised nationwide. New Zealand Christians Outraged as Govt Removes All References to Jesus From Parliamentary Prayer

The Kiwi is a flightless bird who lives in holes and eats worms.
Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Culture, roots, no difference. You claimed that which is not yours.
You are looking through American eyes, which saw you despise your first peoples. You can't understand how it can be different. Here is an example that US eyes might find easier to identify with, the NZ army identifies as its own tribe, Ngāti Tūmatauenga (Tribe of the War God). That would never ever happen in the US, would it. Nor would this.
That's because you don't respect your natives and you think they have no mana.

Did you not read the title of the thread that brought you here?

Ah, so your point was not aimed at the actual issue, but at the person presenting the issue, got it.

So, what do you think of that actions of the New Zealand government in purging Christian references from a public prayer?

You are looking through American eyes, which saw you despise your first peoples. You can't understand how it can be different. Here is an example that US eyes might find easier to identify with, the NZ army identifies as its own tribe, Ngāti Tūmatauenga (Tribe of the War God). That would never ever happen in the US, would it. Nor would this.

Americans don't despise the Indians. Why do you think that we so often name our shit, such as sports teams, or cities after them or their words?

BTW: contrary to the header, no one is "Removing Jesus" from any Christian's life. I'm sure that Christians have many churches in NZ and that no one is interfering with their practice of their faith.
Now now, how will a suitably victimised narrative be maintained if you go around talking like that.

I am not a religious person, but Secular Progressives are ruining society. They worship the STATE, which is a collection of flawed human beings that just want power, and to control you. They don't worship a higher power, nor the idea of one. This is the basis of Totalitarianism.

No, YOU don't understand.

You did the very same thing to your tribes that we did to ours. Your white people came in and claimed the land for themselves. Now, you think you are somehow better than us because you have "assimilated" better. The indigenous people "share", see, so okay.

You ASSUME we despise our native people because you, frankly, are a close-minded person who is probably not too bright. And there it is. We do not "despise our native population" but see it as it is. What happened to our native population is awful for the most part, and a dark stain on our history. We cannot go back and change it. Not by any kind of pomp and circumstance. Not by telling ourselves they're happy to "share". Not by pretending their culture is ours. Not by anything. The best we can do is move forward.

Progressive are really into pretty fairy tales though. We know this.

There is a great problem with public prayer. It has come to be almost necessarily sectarian, causing rifts in the community and fostering disrespect.. Why can't participants in government functions pray before the formal agenda commences? What is stopping them?

So the Kiwis, as a diverse people, observed the Muslim call to prayer as part of a national memorial. It was done to show support and sympathy for a Kiwi community that had suffered a horrific crime and loss due to religious bigotry. While some group of Christians may have not wanted to observe, I bet many more Christian Kiwis did. It was great to see the videos of diverse New Zealanders turning out to perform memorial hakas in honor of the victims, even a black-clad motorcycle club.

Liar.
Removing references of Jesus in any form only leads to further persecution down the road.
First they forced people to adhere to the Muslim call to prayer.....then they start removing Jesus.
Next they will be forced to pay an Islamic tax and anyone who can't or won't will be executed.
I'm not making this shit up......because it's what they've done everywhere they gained control.
Only an idiot ignores this fact of Islamic expansion.

Forum List

Back