New York State Supreme Court rules against the New York Times’s request to dismiss a defamation lawsuit that was filed by Project Veritas

Drop Dead Fred

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2020
Project Veritas published this video about voter fraud in Minneapolis:

Afterward, the New York Times published a news article, which refers to the video as “deceptive.”

You can read the New York Times article at this link:

Project Veritas Video Was a ‘Coordinated Disinformation Campaign,’ Researchers Say

Project Veritas then sued the New York Time for defamation.

The New York Times tried to get the lawsuit dismissed by claiming that the writer was expressing her opinion, and that it was not a statement of fact.

However, The New York State Supreme Court ruled that because the New York Times accusation of deception was in a news article, and not an opinion column, the lawsuit can proceed.

Now, in order to defend itself, the New York Times must prove that the video is deceptive.

You can read the court’s ruling at this link:

DocumentCloud

And here’s an article about the court’s ruling:

Project Veritas Wins In Defamation Lawsuit Against New York Times

I’m no legal expert. But I am curious to see what the New York Times will do in order to prove that the video is deceptive.

Last edited:
There is a substantial basis in law to proceed to permit the plaintiff to conduct discovery and to then attempt to meet its higher standard of proving liability through clear and convincing evidence of actual malice.” This is just repubs spending money and hoping shit sticks to the wall.

They still have to proof it in a court of law and they have to proof that the tape is real. Yet no one has been charged based on the video accusations 6 months ago.

Afterward, the New York Times published a news article, which refers to the video as “deceptive.”

Project Veritas Video Was a ‘Coordinated Disinformation Campaign,’ Researchers Say

The New York Times tried to get the lawsuit dismissed by claiming that the writer was expressing her opinion, and that it was not a statement of fact.

However, The New York State Supreme Court ruled that because the New York Times accusation of deception was in a news article, and not an opinion column, the lawsuit can proceed.

Now, in order to defend itself, the New York Times must prove that the video is deceptive.

DocumentCloud

I’m no legal expert. But I am curious to see what the New York Times will do in order to prove that the video is deceptive.

I hope they take the slimes for billions.

In his first interview since the incident, Liban Osman tells Fox 9 (WSMP-TV) that Jamal offered him $10,000 to say he was collecting ballots for Rep. Omar, the Congresswoman known as a member of “The Squad” along with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York, Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts, and Rashida Tlaib of Michigan.

“I thought he was insane and I walked away,” Osman said. “He was setting me up.”

In his first interview since the incident, Liban Osman tells Fox 9 (WSMP-TV) that Jamal offered him $10,000 to say he was collecting ballots for Rep. Omar, the Congresswoman known as a member of “The Squad” along with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York, Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts, and Rashida Tlaib of Michigan.

“I thought he was insane and I walked away,” Osman said. “He was setting me up.”

Fact check: No proof of alleged voter fraud scheme or connection to Rep. Ilhan Omar

Thank you for posting those links.

DocumentCloud

Shouldn't be too hard given that there is no evidence of any actual cases of voter fraud in Minnesota. Project Veritas has really won nothing.

Fact check: No proof of alleged voter fraud scheme or connection to Rep. Ilhan Omar

You better send your evidence to the Slimes. Looks like they’ll need all the help they can get.

Cant believe how low Conservatives have sunk in terms of credibility.

NY Times is not to be believed
Project Veritas is

You better send your evidence to the Slimes. Looks like they’ll need all the help they can get.
I think The NY Times can take care of themselves

Project Veritas?
Not so much

Cant believe how low Conservatives have sunk in terms of credibility.

NY Times is not to be believed
Project Veritas is
I’ll believe my eyesight and not what a propaganda arm of the Dem party spouts.

Forum List

Back