New York State New Gun Laws Include, People applying for a gun license will have to turn over a list of their social media accounts for officials to v

Once upon a time the now accidental Governor, Hochul, was pro-gun. She lied. Now she is an evil gun-grabber and all one needs o do is look at her face to see the evil.

This new law is by far more draconian than any past NY laws on guns. It makes virtually the entire state off-limits for concealed carry, calling just about everywhere a safe zone.

Add in the hoops it demands the law-abiding citizen must go through to get a permit, even including now for having in the home.

Hopefully, this will quickly be in Federal Court for a TRO leading to a permanent injunction. It would be lovely if an emergency stay of enforcement could be gotten on this weekend, the weekend we celebrate Independence Day!.

In an act of breathtaking defiance and spitefulness not seen since Southern states engaged in "massive resistance" to the Supreme Court's 1954 Brown v. Board decision, the New York State Legislature gave a middle finger to the Supreme Court and voted Friday to effectively nullify the Court's decision last week in New York State Rifle and Pistol Association v. Bruen.

After an extraordinary session for the explicit purpose of defying the Court, Senate Bill S51001 was rammed through on a party-line vote by the Democratic supermajority, passed the Assembly, and received the signature of Gov. Kathleen Hochul.

In response, Gov. Hochul (who was endorsed by the NRA in 2012 when she ran for Congress in rural Western New York) vindictively declared that New York would restrict guns to the point where the State would "go back to muskets." Hochul called the Legislature back from recess and presented a bill that criminalizes as a felony offense concealed carry in perhaps 98% of the state.

the bill defines nearly every public area except for a road or sidewalk a "sensitive area" where a permit holder is forbidden to carry concealed. All schools, hospitals, parks, zoos, libraries, churches, shelters, subways, trains, buses, airports, aircraft, airports, terminals, stations, stadiums, places of entertainment, theaters, museums, concerts, banquet halls, "special events" (such as parades), federal, state, county, and municipal property and places (including restaurants) that serve alcohol are forbidden. Times Square is specifically named as a forbidden zone.

In a truly bizarre and Kafkaesque clause that can only be characterized as the "BLM and Antifa Protection Act," it becomes a felony to possess any handgun, rifle, or shotgun during "any gathering of individuals to collectively express their constitutional rights to protest [sic] or assemble."

Beyond that, the law mandates that all private property (it does not make a distinction between commercial and residential) is assumed to be a prohibited zone unless the owner posts explicit signage allowing guns on the premises. It is a felony offense worth up to four years in prison to possess a handgun on private property that is not so indicated.

Because nearly all of the state is now defined as a forbidden zone except for public roadways and sidewalks, an individual who leaves a firearm in his vehicle is required to lock it in a fireproof and impact-proof vehicle safe or face a misdemeanor charge and up to a year in jail.

In true police-state fashion, current, off-duty, and retired police are the only persons granted exemptions from these restrictions.

Ironically enough, even politically connected and wealthy persons who were issued "unrestricted" self-defense licenses and could carry almost anywhere under the previous licensing regime (except schools, courts, and jails) will now find their ability to CCW eviscerated. Under the previous licensing scheme, even permit-holders with "restricted" licenses did not face criminal penalties if caught carrying outside the arbitrary restrictions — only suspension or revocation of license. Going forward, all violations of carry restrictions will become felonies. (A felony indictment results in immediate confiscation of all firearms, and a felony conviction results in disability to own firearms for life.)

In addition, the 42-page bill

- requires disclosure of all social media accounts, a police investigation, fingerprints, character references, and live-fire training and qualification for applicants. (It should be noted that New York's handgun licensing requirements apply not just to CCW, but to simple ownership in one's own home.)

- requires three-year renewal of licenses.

- requires State Police approval and registration of all ammunition purchases.

- requires a monthly police audit of every license-holder to see if a reason to revoke a license exists

- makes it a crime to purchase body armor

- requires an identical license to purchase any semi-automatic rifle, including .22s.

New York has made it clear that the Constitution does not apply within its boundaries, no matter what the Supreme Court says. As was the case after the Heller decision of 2008, the state's gun laws have actually become an order of magnitude more repressive following the legal "victory."

The State's actions confirm that the most seemingly paranoid fears about the true intentions of the gun-grabbers are quite well grounded in reality. The claim that the left seeks only "commonsense gun safety" is purely deceitful; the left will stop at nothing less than police-state disarmament, the Bill of Rights be damned.

238996_5_.jpg

Criminals are a very important part of the corrupt and racist Democrat Party's voter base.
Governor Hohcul just wants to make sure that the Democrat Party's muggers, pedophiles, rapists, terrorists, mass shooters and murderers feel safe while they are committing their crimes

I can't see that law passing the least intensive possible investigation. I expect it to be overturned at the superior court level as soon as anyone can get a case filed.

Once upon a time the now accidental Governor, Hochul, was pro-gun. She lied. Now she is an evil gun-grabber and all one needs o do is look at her face to see the evil.
There's already a thread on this topic.

If you lie they might refuse you the permit. And if they check out your record on social media they're going to find that you are disgruntled and prone to taking violent action because of your rage against authority.

Even your avatar is reason to ask questions! What is your message Ray?

The normal an innocent applicants will have no problems, as is proven in Canada.

And that's why we don't want Big Brother and his Thought Police being in charge of our country. You see, unlike commiville where you live, our justice system deems everybody innocent until proven guilty. The commies here are trying to change that, but we're going to keep fighting to keep our rights. You don't strip away a right over what somebody posted on social media, nor can you make judgement on that person.

It will go to court, get struck down, because the last ruling the justices said you shouldn't have to prove to government you are deserving of any right. Your rights are automatically yours when you are an American citizen.

They will probably do a social media check on you and since you lied will use that as an excuse to deny you the permit.

Those filthy ass Democrats have no respect for the law and will not adhere to what the Supreme Court told them to do.

By the way I just renewed my Florida Concealed Weapons Permit. I had to fill out a one page form with a couple of questions on it like "have you changed address" and I had to include a recent passport picture that I got down at the drug store. I did it by mail. If I didn't want to bother with the picture I could have made an appointment at a state licensing office and they would have done the application real time and I would have walked out with it.

I mailed in the form on Monday and by the next Monday I had received my new permit good until 2030. Easy Peasy.

That's exactly what we had to do here. Earlier this year passed constitutional carry so it's no longer required which I'm against. In any case no problems thus far, but it only went into effect last month. I'm sure sooner if not later somebody is going to get a gun, walk around with it and think they're Clint Eastwood and end up killing an innocent.

Democracy is already going down in flames. Some blame the left and some blame the right.

From my Canadian POV, I blame Americans and find that political bias just erects roadblocks against Americans accepting offered solutions.

All you need do is ask and offers of help are available.

But there's no doubt that you need to come to an understanding that your entire country is right of the rest of the world's modern democracies. Does that make the acceptance of help impossible to accept?

What kind of help are you talking about? We're right? We have a dementia patent for President, a Democrat led House and a Democrat led Senate. So I have no idea how you conclude we are right of other democracies which we are not. We're a Republic.

Earth to New York:

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.....

Bwah ha ha ha....

Fucktards. They got people throwing Molotovs at the cops and they're letting them go with a slap on the wrist, and now the dumb fucking assholes are worried about guns

They got people pushing little old ladies off subway platforms, they got people slashing cat tires all over town - but the retarded liberals want to address the nonexistent gun problem.

Fucking morons

Governor Kathy Hochul just wants New York's criminals to feel safe while they are mugging, raping and murdering other New Yorkers.

And you are surprised by that?

Democrats need to expand their base if they are to stay in power. Democrats love victims and victims love Democrats. Where would the Democrat party be if we could rid our country of victims? If we could do that, who would need Democrats around any longer? The only time you'd hear of the Democrat party is in history books.

There's already a thread on this topic.
So what??? What they are doing in California and New York, is gonna provoke war, they will lose that war, we will scrub every of one them from the continent, every fucking one of them!

I knew they would do this, this is why a totally criminal and illegitimate Merrick Garland, who was illegally appointed by a totally illegal presidential usurper stepped out and issued his press release denouncing the high court decision the day it was levied, which he had no right, or invitation to do, his job is to receive and follow the orders of the high court, not denounce them!

Do you folks understand, they are trying to provoke war, we will give them their war, we will crush them out like the parasitic filth they are! The globalists have lost, thus they seek to burn it all down and save themselves from our righteous wrath, there will be no safe harbor for them, anywhere in the United States, we are the armed forces, they command nothing!

That's so unconstitutional on so many levels it boggles the mind. References for rights? The state demanding access to unrelated communications? Try applying those standards to other rights, it's simply so idiotic only a liberal could come up with such trash.

That's so unconstitutional on so many levels it boggles the mind. References for rights? The state demanding access to unrelated communications? Try applying those standards to other rights, it's simply so idiotic only a liberal could come up with such trash.

Imagine the outrage if a purple or red state did the exact same thing with voting rights.

This new law is by far more draconian than any past NY laws on guns. It makes virtually the entire state off-limits for concealed carry, calling just about everywhere a safe zone.

Add in the hoops it demands the law-abiding citizen must go through to get a permit, even including now for having in the home.

Hopefully, this will quickly be in Federal Court for a TRO leading to a permanent injunction. It would be lovely if an emergency stay of enforcement could be gotten on this weekend, the weekend we celebrate Independence Day!.

In an act of breathtaking defiance and spitefulness not seen since Southern states engaged in "massive resistance" to the Supreme Court's 1954 Brown v. Board decision, the New York State Legislature gave a middle finger to the Supreme Court and voted Friday to effectively nullify the Court's decision last week in New York State Rifle and Pistol Association v. Bruen.
After an extraordinary session for the explicit purpose of defying the Court, Senate Bill S51001 was rammed through on a party-line vote by the Democratic supermajority, passed the Assembly, and received the signature of Gov. Kathleen Hochul.
In response, Gov. Hochul (who was endorsed by the NRA in 2012 when she ran for Congress in rural Western New York) vindictively declared that New York would restrict guns to the point where the State would "go back to muskets." Hochul called the Legislature back from recess and presented a bill that criminalizes as a felony offense concealed carry in perhaps 98% of the state.
the bill defines nearly every public area except for a road or sidewalk a "sensitive area" where a permit holder is forbidden to carry concealed. All schools, hospitals, parks, zoos, libraries, churches, shelters, subways, trains, buses, airports, aircraft, airports, terminals, stations, stadiums, places of entertainment, theaters, museums, concerts, banquet halls, "special events" (such as parades), federal, state, county, and municipal property and places (including restaurants) that serve alcohol are forbidden. Times Square is specifically named as a forbidden zone.
In a truly bizarre and Kafkaesque clause that can only be characterized as the "BLM and Antifa Protection Act," it becomes a felony to possess any handgun, rifle, or shotgun during "any gathering of individuals to collectively express their constitutional rights to protest [sic] or assemble."
Beyond that, the law mandates that all private property (it does not make a distinction between commercial and residential) is assumed to be a prohibited zone unless the owner posts explicit signage allowing guns on the premises. It is a felony offense worth up to four years in prison to possess a handgun on private property that is not so indicated.
Because nearly all of the state is now defined as a forbidden zone except for public roadways and sidewalks, an individual who leaves a firearm in his vehicle is required to lock it in a fireproof and impact-proof vehicle safe or face a misdemeanor charge and up to a year in jail.
In true police-state fashion, current, off-duty, and retired police are the only persons granted exemptions from these restrictions.
Ironically enough, even politically connected and wealthy persons who were issued "unrestricted" self-defense licenses and could carry almost anywhere under the previous licensing regime (except schools, courts, and jails) will now find their ability to CCW eviscerated. Under the previous licensing scheme, even permit-holders with "restricted" licenses did not face criminal penalties if caught carrying outside the arbitrary restrictions — only suspension or revocation of license. Going forward, all violations of carry restrictions will become felonies. (A felony indictment results in immediate confiscation of all firearms, and a felony conviction results in disability to own firearms for life.)
- requires disclosure of all social media accounts, a police investigation, fingerprints, character references, and live-fire training and qualification for applicants. (It should be noted that New York's handgun licensing requirements apply not just to CCW, but to simple ownership in one's own home.)
- requires a monthly police audit of every license-holder to see if a reason to revoke a license exists
- requires an identical license to purchase any semi-automatic rifle, including .22s.
New York has made it clear that the Constitution does not apply within its boundaries, no matter what the Supreme Court says. As was the case after the Heller decision of 2008, the state's gun laws have actually become an order of magnitude more repressive following the legal "victory."
The State's actions confirm that the most seemingly paranoid fears about the true intentions of the gun-grabbers are quite well grounded in reality. The claim that the left seeks only "commonsense gun safety" is purely deceitful; the left will stop at nothing less than police-state disarmament, the Bill of Rights be damned.
238996_5_.jpg

Do you live in New York? If you don't, it seems like you'd be unaffected. Unless of course you went to visit NY, then it would be "When in Rome...".

That's exactly what we had to do here. Earlier this year passed constitutional carry so it's no longer required which I'm against. In any case no problems thus far, but it only went into effect last month. I'm sure sooner if not later somebody is going to get a gun, walk around with it and think they're Clint Eastwood and end up killing an innocent.
Ray, the states that have Constitutional carry and shall issue usually have a lower gun crime rate than the states that don't.

Nothing to worry about. If somebody is going to shoot somebody else then a carry permit isn't going to change it.

Occasionally we get the rambunctious permit holder but those incidents are actually far fewer than you would think they would be.

I have a carry permit and I don't think I am Clint Eastwood. On the contrary. I am very conscience of the fact that if i don't use the firearm in a real life threatening situation I could be in big trouble. Most permit holders are like that.

So what??? What they are doing in California and New York, is gonna provoke war, they will lose that war, we will scrub every of one them from the continent, every fucking one of them!

I knew they would do this, this is why a totally criminal and illegitimate Merrick Garland, who was illegally appointed by a totally illegal presidential usurper stepped out and issued his press release denouncing the high court decision the day it was levied, which he had no right, or invitation to do, his job is to receive and follow the orders of the high court, not denounce them!

Do you folks understand, they are trying to provoke war, we will give them their war, we will crush them out like the parasitic filth they are! The globalists have lost, thus they seek to burn it all down and save themselves from our righteous wrath, there will be no safe harbor for them, anywhere in the United States, we are the armed forces, they command nothing!
I'm sorry. I don't want to have any part in you being provoked to taking violent action against whoever it is that you view as your enemy. We'll leave it at that for now.

I can't see that law passing the least intensive possible investigation. I expect it to be overturned at the superior court level as soon as anyone can get a case filed.
Can it not be considered as a test that needs to be passed, in the same way as for issuing a driver's license?
Is it not obvious that some individuals posting on this thread alone are prone to taking violent action with their guns and that up to and including murder? D-N?

I'm sorry. I don't want to have any part in you being provoked to taking violent action against whoever it is that you view as your enemy. We'll leave it at that for now.
You dumb ass, you are the enemy! You fucktards are calling down the thunder, and it will crash down upon you, we're not coming to save you fuckers this time, we are coming for you if/when you provoke us to action, we've had our fill of you bastards, and quite frankly I do hope you animals go for it, we will crush you under foot in matter of weeks, just keep at it and see what the fuck happens! :fu:

238996_5_.jpg

Insurrectionist. Hang them for treason.

Can it not be considered as a test that needs to be passed, in the same way as for issuing a driver's license?
Is it not obvious that some individuals posting on this thread alone are prone to taking violent action with their guns and that up to and including murder? D-N?
"Shall not be infringed" doesn't have any testing requirement to it.

Forum List

Back