New York State: Banning Internet Anonomity - Huffington Post

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
In a dependant and enslaved country.
Now why would they do this...

The bill states:

A web site administrator upon request shall remove any comments posted on his or her web site by an anonymous poster unless such anonymous poster agrees to attach his or her name to the post and confirms that his or her IP address, legal name, and home address are accurate. All web site administrators shall have a contact number or e-mail address posted for such removal requests, clearly visible in any sections where comments are posted.

Anonymous Comment Ban: Internet Protection Act Threatens Online Anonymity For New York-Based Websites

So, it's ok for vast corporations to 'anonymously' utilize their 'free speech' with humongous campaign contributions and attack ads, but it'll be a crime to post anonymously on a NY website?

Last edited:
It is an interestin situation. There I guess so I can not spread false negative press against products I guess?

There is a whole industry sprung up around false internet views, clicks and likes. Go see Black Hat World forums for examples. Proxies, RDSL, the whole shady thing.

I have mixed feelings on this one as I do not understand how it will be applied.

It is an interestin situation. There I guess so I can not spread false negative press against products I guess?

There is a whole industry sprung up around false internet views, clicks and likes. Go see Black Hat World forums for examples. Proxies, RDSL, the whole shady thing.

I have mixed feelings on this one as I do not understand how it will be applied.

Obviously it's because they don't like anonymous online publishing, like my organization, Aegis of Liberty. I'm the only identified person in the entire project. I'm also from Long Island (Suffolk County, New York), and I've been getting strange questions, including one person who started randomly talking to me at Dunkin Donuts and then started asking very surreptitious SUSPICIOUS questions, I didn't catch on for about 10-15 minutes.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Aegis-of-Liberty-Common-Sense-2013/590931764270050?fref=ts

That bill is an example of a lawmaker who doesn't understand how the internet works, and has no chance of passing. It's been "in committee" for a few years now.

Obviously it's because they don't like anonymous online publishing, like my organization, Aegis of Liberty. I'm the only identified person in the entire project. I'm also from Long Island (Suffolk County, New York), and I've been getting strange questions, including one person who started randomly talking to me at Dunkin Donuts and then started asking very surreptitious SUSPICIOUS questions, I didn't catch on for about 10-15 minutes.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Aegis-of-Liberty-Common-Sense-2013/590931764270050?fref=ts

So you think the law is meant for you?

The biggest issue with this sort of paranoia is that it's based in delusions of grandeur.

I hate to break it to you, but you are not important enough for the government to be after you.

If the law just demanded internet traffic be tracked I would be against it. It would be like making me sign to get conspiracy ridden issues of Playboy from the magazine rack even if I paid by cash.

Now the comments areas on private websites....most have been attacked by spammers so they make ppl register. It is still easy to get around and if you know ANYTHING about your browser ya can register several times. Obviously though private sites have the right to TRY to protect themselves....

God, I guess you could force me to use a Drivers License or Social Security Number to get on line or to Comment. I don't think anyplace really does that yet...maybe a Ft Hood newspaper or something real particular like that.

Interesting. It does seem pointless if Uverse is not tracking my outgoing communications and websites allow any IP to view and comment.

The biggest issue with this sort of paranoia is that it's based in delusions of grandeur.

I hate to break it to you, but you are not important enough for the government to be after you.

You're a moron.

Hundreds of Liberty/constitution groups in New York have gone UNDERGROUND and HAVE TO RESORT TO SECRECY in order to not be disturbed.

That should tell you A LOT about how bad New York is, not us.

The fact that a peaceful ESSAY writing group operates in total secrecy is a blight on New York's history.

You're a moron.

Hundreds of Liberty/constitution groups in New York have gone UNDERGROUND and HAVE TO RESORT TO SECRECY in order to not be disturbed.

The fact that a peaceful ESSAY writing group operates in total secrecy is a blight on New York's history.

Ooh! Hundreds of liberty groups huh? Scary! Underground? What are they, a bunch of pussies?

You're a moron.

Ooh! Hundreds of liberty groups huh? Scary! Underground? What are they, a bunch of pussies?

meanwhile the US Government is spying on our phone and internet usage and the IRS targeted groups against the President for special treatment. What does it take to wake you up a knock on the door one dark night by armed agents?

You're a moron.

You're a moron.

meanwhile the US Government is spying on our phone and internet usage and the IRS targeted groups against the President for special treatment. What does it take to wake you up a knock on the door one dark night by armed agents?

I have been awake. The phone and Internet shit has been on my radar for years. Where have you been. The iRS targeting is nothing. Groups "against the President" should not be tax exempt......should they?

You think I like the idea of anyone collecting my communications data? Wrongo.....idiot boy. That is why my MAIN ISSUE is campaign finance reform. I want the decision makers beholden to the electorate. Don't you?

Yep. Campaign finance reform. An issue that gets everyone on the same page.....until, that is, assholes throw it out in favor of getting their guy elected.

Who is with me?

I'll just bet you say that to everyone Obama has sent a Drone after.

You're a moron.

No, it's an example of paranoia and delusions, nothing more.

The bill states:

A web site administrator upon request shall remove any comments posted on his or her web site by an anonymous poster unless such anonymous poster agrees to attach his or her name to the post and confirms that his or her IP address, legal name, and home address are accurate. All web site administrators shall have a contact number or e-mail address posted for such removal requests, clearly visible in any sections where comments are posted.

Anonymous Comment Ban: Internet Protection Act Threatens Online Anonymity For New York-Based Websites

So, it's ok for vast corporations to 'anonymously' utilize their 'free speech' with humongous campaign contributions and attack ads, but it'll be a crime to post anonymously on a NY website?
NY is controlled by the Schumer/Clinton partnership. They want to know your information, but it's against the law for you to know theirs because they say so. that saves them the trouble of having to do the right thing or say the truth. They can lie their asses off once Sandy Berger does his thing of eliminating the truth from the record. Then, lies are the truth, legally.

They just want you to shut up and eat what they shovel at you for your own good. Did I say YOUR own good? Nah, it's for THEIR own good!

Jesus Christ, I made 4 threads in one hour on the Fast Developing Police State, it's getting fucking bad guys.

That is because you are insane and have developed a severe case of the spooks.

It is all in your imagination.
Keep your head buried in that sand, LoneLaugher. They won't get to you until they get rid of his threat to their sanctimonious lies. First.

The bill states:

NY is controlled by the Schumer/Clinton partnership. They want to know your information, but it's against the law for you to know theirs because they say so. that saves them the trouble of having to do the right thing or say the truth. They can lie their asses off once Sandy Berger does his thing of eliminating the truth from the record. Then, lies are the truth, legally.

They just want you to shut up and eat what they shovel at you for your own good. Did I say YOUR own good? Nah, it's for THEIR own good!

Clinton and Schumer are US Senators. They have no power over New York, particularly the New York State Senate, which is where this bill came from (and this bill was written by 2 Republicans)

The bill states:

A post about privacy on the internet turns into rant about corporations? How long is the left going to whine about the supreme court decision that ruled money is speech? . Actually corporations are identified in both contributions and political ads. I recall the Clintons breaking the law and the media just laughing about it the time when the goofy V.P. said there was "no controlling authority" to prevent him from shaking down Buddhist monks.

Forum List

Back