New Trigger for the AR

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
I have a new velocity I was going to install but I decided to up the ante.
Going to toss the Velocity in the parts box. Almost have enough extra parts to build the Wife an AR.

Opted for the Timney Calvin Elite.
It has a 1.5 lb pull and a shitload of adjustments!!! Trigger slack and reset are almost non existent!
This guy has shit for finger control yet he still rips.

I just don't trust a trigger that light. But if it works for you, ok.

Going to toss the Velocity in the parts box. Almost have enough extra parts to build the Wife an AR.

It has a 1.5 lb pull and a shitload of adjustments!!! Trigger slack and reset are almost non existent!

Thats nice, but the average obama voter from the hood does not require such sophisticated hardware to bring down

I put a new trigger in mine several years ago. I had it machine gun on me once or twice which was kinda scarey

Thats nice, but the average obama voter from the hood does not require such sophisticated hardware to bring down

Who said I cant enjoy a fine trigger assembly while dishing out justice?

Who said I cant enjoy a fine trigger assembly while dishing out justice?

no one

the Timney trigger is famous for high quality

I just don't trust a trigger that light. But if it works for you, ok.
The AR has a safety. The trigger is light. That's how it's supposed to work.

A handgun is different. A double-action revolver has a heavy trigger pull and the safety, if any, is incorporated into the mechanism. Cocked, the safety is off and trigger is light.

Automatic pistols, hunting rifles, and shotguns often have a medium weight trigger.

The AR has a safety. The trigger is light. That's how it's supposed to work.

A handgun is different. A double-action revolver has a heavy trigger pull and the safety, if any, is incorporated into the mechanism. Cocked, the safety is off and trigger is light.

Automatic pistols, hunting rifles, and shotguns often have a medium weight trigger.

I would hardly call 9 to 5.5 lbs a light trigger.

I would hardly call 9 to 5.5 lbs a light trigger
It's not. Nine-to-five government employee gangsters, "Top-Hatters" etc., are at work in this thread. They ruined a good rifle with all that NATO bullshit. The 5.56mm ammo is a little too small anyways. Better off with a AK or something a little heavier and more reliable.

It's not. Nine-to-five government employee gangsters, "Top-Hatters" etc., are at work in this thread. They ruined a good rifle with all that NATO bullshit. The 5.56mm ammo is a little too small anyways. Better off with a AK or something a little heavier and more reliable.

Well make up your mind.
You just said the AR has a light trigger.
I've never had a problem with my AR. Thousands of rounds through it without a single jam.

I got parts. Just saying. Is horse trading still legal?

I would hardly call 9 to 5.5 lbs a light trigger

Hm. Not really. First off, I have an Olympic Arms AR and. Bushmaster M-forgery that I will shoot side by side with an AK, and it will shoot circles around the AK. An AK is nothing but a bullet hose. If you look when you see them on TV (the news) you will see some that look like they are dropping out front. That's because it has been doing mag
dumps for years and the barrel trunion loosened up and the barrel sagged. Some will point to that and say see, takes a licking and keeps ticking, but in the end the gun is ready for the trash as all it is is a bullet hose. My AR gets wonky I just swap the upper. If I want a more heavy round I swap an upper.