New Tesla Pickup unveiled

Bill Clinton will surely have problems snorting coke with these straws. He will pass out by the time the powder reaches his nose.

Not just for weekend warriors

truck .JPG

Maybe the design is efficient.

Did that occur to anybody?

Seems to me when you're dealing with a moving object involving aerodynamics and friction, efficiency is Job One.
It's a helluva lot more important than "what it looks like". It's a truck, not a prom dress.
It does not appear to have much cargo space

Will it hold a 4x8 sheet of plywood?

Seems to me when you're dealing with a moving object involving aerodynamics and friction, efficiency is Job One.
It's a helluva lot more important than "what it looks like". It's a truck, not a prom dress.

Depends on the width, doesn't it. Not much you can tell from a side view.

There are a couple of other angles in post 15. We don't have dimensions but using the boots for scale it looks enormous.

Elon Musk unveiled the new Tesla all electric pickup truck to packed crowd.

In my opinion, it looks like a trapezoid on wheels that was riveted together by an amatuer sheet metal worker who didn't have access to any metal forming equipment.

The price to purchase one of these artsy high tech wonders wasn't announced. But based on the price of the Tesla cars. I'm sure it's gonna cost a pretty penny.

I can't imagine very many people standing in line to purchase one.
... :cool:

View attachment 291154

Looks like what it is, shit. And an equally shitty idea.

There are a couple of other angles in post 15. We don't have dimensions but using the boots for scale it looks enormous.
A pickup truck should be practical

if not its just a toy

if not its just a toy

Exactly, thank you. That's why it's kind of bizarro to see so many posts whining about what it looks like.
The idea is work, not ego.

if not its just a toy

Exactly, thank you. That's why it's kind of bizarro to see so many posts whining about what it looks like.
The idea is work, not ego.
I agree

If telsa really has 189,000 prepaid orders for a truck the customers have never seen I think many of them are first-time truck owners with no practical experience

The new Tesla cyber pickup will appeal to the liberal millennial beta males who are into high tech gadgets, and would never dream of hauling anything in their truck's bed. ... :cool:

The new Tesla cyber pickup will appeal to the liberal millennial beta males who are into high tech gadgets, and would never dream of hauling anything in their truck's bed. ... :cool:

Why not?

Why would you be tooling around in an enormous vehicle with a cargo bed, if not to actually use it?

Actually that's a question that already existed before this one came out. Me, I just got rid of a vehicle because it was too big. Unused space is wasted space.

Why not?

Why would you be tooling around in an enormous vehicle with a cargo bed, if not to actually use it?

Actually that's a question that already existed before this one came out. Me, I just got rid of a vehicle because it was too big. Unused space is wasted space.
If you dont need a pickup truck dont own one

But I use mine and will not give it up

For those of you who are interested in the specs for the pickup, here's a link.

Tesla Cyber Truck Unveiled With Photos, Specs, Price

Musk said the truck will have adaptive air suspension and adaptive dampers as standard with adjustable ride height. He says it'll offer a maximum of 16 inches of ground clearance, a 35-degree approach angle and a 28-degree departure angle. The bed is 6.5-feet long, and the truck has a payload capacity of up to 3500 pounds and a tow capacity is 14,000 pounds. To show off the bed, Tesla built an ATV and rode it up there on stage.

Performance claims are ridiculous too. Zero to 60 mph in 2.9 seconds, and a 10.8-second quarter mile time. Musk claims over 500 miles of range, though 250-plus and 300-plus mile versions will also be offered. It'll be capable of 250kW fast charging too. There will be an entry-level rear-drive Cybertruck along with two- and three-motor all-wheel drive models.

Pricing starts at $39,900 and rises to $69,900 for the tri-motor version. Presumably, the tri-motor is the same "Plaid" drivetrain that's coming to the Model S.

Elon Musk unveiled the new Tesla all electric pickup truck to packed crowd.

In my opinion, it looks like a trapezoid on wheels that was riveted together by an amatuer sheet metal worker who didn't have access to any metal forming equipment.

The price to purchase one of these artsy high tech wonders wasn't announced. But based on the price of the Tesla cars. I'm sure it's gonna cost a pretty penny.

I can't imagine very many people standing in line to purchase one.
... :cool:

View attachment 291154
Awww ain't that cute I just want to put it in the back of my real pickup and haul it around.

Forum List

Back