New Scope for the crossbow.

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
I hadnt planned on going digital with the optics on the crossbow and the scope that came with the FlatLine 460 is already pretty nice and costs $500 bucks to purchase it by itself.
But after reading more about the Burris Oracle X I think I'm going to get one. At first I balked at the price but then thought about it since I spent that much for the Eotech and the matching magnifier for the AR.

I've found the Oracle on Amazon for $774 and it usually runs for anywhere from $1200 to $1000 bucks.
It has the rangefinder built into it and sets your reticle based on the distance you are from the target.
Aim the crossbow at your target and press the button and boom it sets a red dot exactly where you need to aim at the distance you're from the target.

602381a1.jpg

Some folks just like to hunt the hard way. Bowhunting is big here in Wisconsin, and my dad used to hunt deer with a 1950's Bear recurve bow in Illinois, back in the 60's.

I look at it as making sure you hit with a kill shot and not just wounding the animal and having to chase it across hells creation.
Been there and done that and it sucks. Hit a deer with a rifle and tracked it for a couple miles and the damn thing jumped into Lake Livingston.
By the time we caught up to it was a couple hundred yards off the bank and I sure as hell wasnt going to swim after it in low 30's temps.

I look at it as making sure you hit with a kill shot and not just wounding the animal and having to chase it across hells creation.
Been there and done that and it sucks. Hit a deer with a rifle and tracked it for a couple miles and the damn thing jumped into Lake Livingston.
By the time we caught up to it was a couple hundred yards off the bank and I sure as hell wasnt going to swim after it in low 30's temps.
LOL....I had one fall into the Shenandoah River once. Lucky for me it got hung-up on a snag to where I could get my drag rope around one antler and tie it off till I could go back home and get the 4-wheeler to drag it out.

It was weird, perfect shot through both lungs, it ran just out of sight but I could hear it expiring. I waited a bit, walked down to where I hit it, and there was lung blood sprayed everywhere next to the river bank, then it just ended.

I was like WTF so I looked down and there was a skid mark at the water's edge but no deer so I backtracked down river and found it about 20 yards away all hung-up, I had walked right past it! I got lucky because the river was up and very swift there. Had it not got hung-up it would have been lost.

Forum List

Back