Broke down and bought the Burris Oracle X.

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
Had to do it when I found it for $774 rather than the standard $1000.
I cannot wait to set this thing up!! Pinpoint accuracy with the push of a button!
It'll range out to 100 yards and more but I dont see me taking shots past 60 or 70 yards,while the bolt will travel that distance in way less than 1 second the deer or whatever I'm shooting can duck the bolt if it hears the crossbow go off at that distance,even if you hit your target it may have ducked enough only to wound it rather than kill it.
Once I get it setup I'll report back.

Had to do it when I found it for $774 rather than the standard $1000.
I cannot wait to set this thing up!! Pinpoint accuracy with the push of a button!
It'll range out to 100 yards and more but I dont see me taking shots past 60 or 70 yards,while the bolt will travel that distance in way less than 1 second the deer or whatever I'm shooting can duck the bolt if it hears the crossbow go off at that distance,even if you hit your target it may have ducked enough only to wound it rather than kill it.
Once I get it setup I'll report back.
There's no accuracy to a crossbow outside of 70 yards.

The scope might do it, but that doesn't mean the bolt chucker will.

Yes, but can it cook a well-turned flapjack for you?! :SMILEW~130:

It ought to for the price.
But when I get to thinking about the Eotech and the Magnifier which costs a good $400 bucks more I figure this is a bargain.
Wont be using that Eotech and Magnifier unless the shit hits the fan or I'm target shooting.
The Oracle can put meat in the freezer.

There's no accuracy to a crossbow outside of 70 yards.

The scope might do it, but that doesn't mean the bolt chucker will.

Oh it's accurate out to 100 yards especially with the new high powered crossbows.
Mine will hit a 100 yard target in less than a second.
Of course I'm not going to hunt at that distance but it'll be fun hitting the target at 100 yards.

460fps with 400 grain bolts.
The only one out there thats faster hits at 505 fps.
I'm seriously considering getting this beast, and was trying to get a speed/ft. Lbs comparison...

I'm seriously considering getting this beast, and was trying to get a speed/ft. Lbs comparison...

They make some seriously powerful airguns these days that for sure.
I'd go with the .50 cal. lead ball if I was going that route myself.
I wanted a crossbow for it flexibility,no power needed to load it so it fits with being a prepper.
You can get a high end hand pump for em but you gotta work your ass off too fill it full.

They make some seriously powerful airguns these days that for sure.
I'd go with the .50 cal. lead ball if I was going that route myself.
I wanted a crossbow for it flexibility,no power needed to load it so it fits with being a prepper.
You can get a high end hand pump for em but you gotta work your ass off too fill it full.
I'm buried in airguns, and airgun accessories and paraphernalia. I have more than 40... These airbows however... A new itch to scratch? I like the idea of a quick follow up shot. Faster than my compounds even. But you're absolutely right. Today's airguns, can be far, far different from the Ole Daisy Red Rider. My AEA .30 cal will blow through two 2x4s at 15 yards with Neilsen slugs. You could say I'm a "fan".

I'm buried in airguns, and airgun accessories and paraphernalia. I have more than 40... These airbows however... A new itch to scratch? I like the idea of a quick follow up shot. Faster than my compounds even. But you're absolutely right. Today's airguns, can be far, far different from the Ole Daisy Red Rider. My AEA .30 cal will blow through two 2x4s at 15 yards with Neilsen slugs. You could say I'm a "fan".

At least your california compliant,or have they outlawed pellet rifles as well.
I believe it's Michigan that requires you to register pellet rifles now.

Forum List

Back