New resource for exchanging and reusing cardboard

JesseForgeard

Rookie
Aug 23, 2021
Scranton, PA
Hello everyone,

I found a platform called BoxGiver.com where people exchange cardboard boxes and packaging supplies. I thought this would be useful for anyone who is looking to donate their cardboard to someone in need. I know this option is more environmentally friendly than buying brand new cardboard boxes from the store, which contribute to more waste. I hope this is useful!

Hello everyone,

I found a platform called BoxGiver.com where people exchange cardboard boxes and packaging supplies. I thought this would be useful for anyone who is looking to donate their cardboard to someone in need. I know this option is more environmentally friendly than buying brand new cardboard boxes from the store, which contribute to more waste. I hope this is useful!
Anyone who uses Amazon doesn't need to buy boxes.
The simplest way to get a box would be to ask your neighbors for one instead of using resources to mail boxes.

Last edited:
Anyone who uses Amazon doesn't need to buy boxes.
I agree that Amazon ships a lot of boxes and there’s no reason to buy boxes if you collect all of the Amazon boxes. But most people I know throw their cardboard boxes in the recycling bin or even the trash without giving them a second chance. I think it’s beneficial to recirculate these boxes instead of throwing them in the recycling.

1629748265470.png

Easier to recycle it as heat

*****SMILE*****

:)

I agree that Amazon ships a lot of boxes and there’s no reason to buy boxes if you collect all of the Amazon boxes. But most people I know throw their cardboard boxes in the recycling bin or even the trash without giving them a second chance. I think it’s beneficial to recirculate these boxes instead of throwing them in the recycling.
I have an embarrassingly large stack of (mostly) Amazon boxes in my basement. From my personal experience, they will never be reused as quickly as they accumulate. Fortunately, there is a rather robust recycling stream for corrugated cardboard - much better than for other recyclable household items. Many communities have special facilities or depots for handling corrugated cardboard and, when you've collected a big enough pile, it is well worth it to the environment to flatten them all, stuff the car and deliver them there.

I appreciate the thread. We need less fighting and more ideas.

New Topics

Forum List

Back