New Philly Mayor declares crime emergency

Good luck to her, but that city is filled with pro-crime leftist DAs, city councils, police chiefs, and judges. I doubt there's much one person can do, unless she's planning on replacing all those people with Americans.
The problems you listed are there. In Philly the Mayor can fire the PC but the DA is a Soros stooge who prosecuted no one arrested in the 2020 Floyd riots.

The US is the only country that rewards rioters and looters, triple reward if you are a blm member.

Probably a way to pressure city officials to add more police. Hard for any official to go against the measure if the message resonates with voters.
Maybe but I don't recall Philly ever being not a crime-ridden poophole as long as I have walked this planet so I am guessing their voters are somewhat aware already.

Point taken. But at least for the moment she seems to be aware of a bad situation in the city. Whether there is any follow thru by her of course remains to be seen.

I am not sure there is a lot they can do TBH. Granted it has been a few years since I have been in Philadelphia, but it is a grimy place. One time we ended up skirting a housing development that looked like something from a Dickens novel it was so old and decrepit. Lots of broken windows, some missing front doors, etc etc. Their poverty and crime are intergenerational by several generations at this point. New paint and more police just aren't going to fix it IMHO.

Forum List

Back