New house speaker's latest financial disclosure

Actually, it's on you to show me where he committed a crime and which law he broke, since you're so up in arms about his financial situation.
I said nothing of the sort. I said it seems suspicious. And it does.

No show me where I'm wrong.

Okay, there's nothing to suggest he's committed a crime. No one with any position to do so is accusing him of impropriety. Basically, there's nothing to suggest anything amiss. You want proof of absence, but you claim absence of proof is proof. Very strange. You think it's suspicious, but you can't even articulate a crime that you're suspicious has been committed.

Okay, there's nothing to suggest he's committed a crime. No one with any position to do so is accusing him of impropriety. Basically, there's nothing to suggest anything amiss. You want proof of absence, but you claim absence of proof is proof. Very strange. You think it's suspicious, but you can't even articulate a crime that you're suspicious has been committed.
An empty financial disclosure from a multi-millionaire is an indication that something isn't kosher.

If you cannot admit that I cannot help you see the reality of it.

So, we all at least agree... it's pretty bizarre that he does not have these accounts to report. It doesn't necessarily mean he is shady, but it is very weird.

An empty financial disclosure from a multi-millionaire is an indication that something isn't kosher.

How do you know he's a multi-millionaire? I hadn't heard of him until you yokels started having fits because you couldn't dig through his bank account. He gets paid less than $200K/year.

How do you know he's a multi-millionaire? I hadn't heard of him until you yokels started having fits because you couldn't dig through his bank account. He gets paid less than $200K/year.
Public records:

So, we all at least agree... it's pretty bizarre that he does not have these accounts to report. It doesn't necessarily mean he is shady, but it is very weird.
It means he successfully found a way to keep private information private without breaking the law. Applause.

It means he successfully found a way to keep private information private without breaking the law. Applause.
Or it could mean he is breaking the law and hiding something.

Slow down, logic is escaping you.

Do you applauding tax evasion? I know that's not exactly what the topic is, but just curious.

Or it could mean he is breaking the law and hiding something.

Slow down, logic is escaping you.

Do you applauding tax evasion? I know that's not exactly what the topic is, but just curious.
I have yet to see anyone with any credibility even accusing him of doing anything like that. If he does, fair game, but until he does, not so much. No, I don't applaud evasion, but I do applaud using the tax code as it is written to avoid as much tax as possible. Of course, if you're an uber-wealthy liberal who complains about not paying enough taxes, you have no moral business hiring tax attorneys to cut your bill as much as possible, but that's the way of the hypocritical world.

And I applaud keeping as much meat away from internet jackals as possible.

Who says he's a "multi millionaire" ? If you have proof that the man lied, come forward with it or forever hold your piece.

I have yet to see anyone with any credibility even accusing him of doing anything like that.
I'm not accusing him of it, either. That was an aside, a question for you.
Yep. try to source it. It's like the other fake article:

Maybe to you, who already had a suspicious mind and is looking for dirt specifically to smear a man.

Maybe the attempted smearing is where you're wrong. :dunno:

Forum List

Back