New "Clean Start" Policy on Creating Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
We always HAVE been a Discussion board. We've always focused almost solely on getting thread topics to be discussed and not on arbitrary content issues.. STILL completely committed to the Free Speech thing.. But lately, the thread titles and Opening Posts have been giving Free Speech a bad name..

The basic rules are not gonna change much.. There's already a clause for not allowing "baiting and polarizing" Titles and OPsR=21665]Dont Taz Me Bro[/USER]

Free speech is impervious to having a "bad name" and that makes speech you hate all the more difficult to tolerate but the Constitution says we must. As for "baiting", it's the essence of a lively discussion and way to expose liars. Imagine telling a prosecutor he can't bait a defendant to get the truth out of him in court. And now you're going to ban "polarizing" posts? LOL! What is your target audience.....the Mormon church? There ain't nearly enough HOT BLOOD here anymore so you're charging those trying to get something going with a crime? I ain't long for these parts....already decided not to OP here anymore after today. By next week at this time I'll be gone johnson.
The Constitution doesn’t ‘say’ anything about private media and how it edits its content – save for government cannot preempt freedom of the press.

And as a private message board the administration is at liberty to edit USMB’s content as it sees fit, where however that content might be edited, it in no manner impedes, undermines, or otherwise violates the doctrine of free speech.

If one doesn’t approve of how the content of this message board is edited, he’s at liberty to not participate.

Spoken like a true Tyrant.
Just keep in mind, while this is true, people are also at liberty to participate or not.
it's just my opinion that the more rules, the more censorship.

It's their forum, just like Mark Z is free to make the laws at Facebook. And what's his name at Twitter. It's a balance.
The moderation here has been light handed and I think that made it special.
1aZump.jpg

Lol, USMB got woke....like Fakebook, Twattwitter, etc.

People, it's an obscure political message forum, get a grip....maybe and a big maybe 200 people in a population of over 300 million.

With that said USMB advertises let your voice be heard....but don't say banned words and include 5 or 6 words on "topic"....

In 1930's Germany that's how it started

Think hard....

Last? If some mod deletes a comment then own it and stop the crap software doesn't do that. It's bullshit and cowardly.

The new rules are too confusing for this 83-year-old to understand.

I had long guessed that the current toleration of "anything goes" would not continue for long. I knew that it was too good to be true.

I thank the management for allowing me to be a member and wish this website the best of luck.

Regulations are meant to get rid of people you don’t like..View attachment 371323typical lefties

No.. The FCC controls speech on airwaves for a reason.. OUR reason is to RAISE the grade level and effort of discussion... If ANYTHING we're doing DECREASES or BAN CONTENT -- Then you're gonna have to point out examples..

Once a thread is ESTABLISHED -- we don't care about the topic.. That's nowhere NEAR censorship..

Content is good.. We want MORE of it in the RIGHT THREADS and forums..
Sounds like a member is in your head.

Who do ya think that member is? Paranoia strikes deep.. But don't flatter yourself... I wouldn't be typing this hard just for you...
You have some demons.

OPs are like anyone else and they would ask for posts to be deleted because they don't like the opinions. If you want to regulate the comments to your posts then create a blog.

Doesn't apply to me anymore after I had a great headline changed without my permission. When they start doing that shit in the name of whatever they're calling it this week, why bother? Everything the admin has claimed as an objective in this thread is ridiculous....it will never happen because mods here work for free so they can mess with posters they don't like. Complain and you get a fierce defense of the mod and insults.

OPs are like anyone else and they would ask for posts to be deleted because they don't like the opinions. If you want to regulate the comments to your posts then create a blog.

Doesn't apply to me anymore after I had a great headline changed without my permission. When they start doing that shit in the name of whatever they're calling it this week, why bother? Everything the admin has claimed as an objective in this thread is ridiculous....it will never happen because mods here work for free so they can mess with posters they don't like. Complain and you get a fierce defense of the mod and insults.

Doesn't apply to me anymore after I had a great headline changed without my permission.

Who changed it, and what did they change it to?

Just two posts up from the quoted post here, you said you want the ability to delete posts, no questions asked. You remind me of Pelosi: Ice cream for me but not for thee. Or Chris Cuomo: quarantine for thee but not me. Or Fauci: masks for thee but not for me.

Idiotic post....I answered an earlier one from you but you have no idea what I'm talking about and are kissing up to the Admin so as to be spared next time you step on your hand. Comparing me to that witch or the midget Fauci tells me you're oblivious to reality.

THIS ONE ^^^^^^^^ playing innocent is probably the worst mod in the history of message boards. Hey halfwit...how about you look it up in your little mod dungeon where everything is kept instead of baiting me?

THIS ONE ^^^^^^^^ playing innocent is probably the worst mod in the history of message boards. Hey halfwit...how about you look it up in your little mod dungeon where everything is kept instead of baiting me?

Bud, I can see what threads you are responsible for, but without some input, I have no way to know what it was before it was changed.
Are you sure it was changed?

At one time, mods who were "on duty" were listed so posters could know they were there and stay away. Why was that changed? Oh yeah, because so many posters stayed away they were getting less ad revenue. Maybe USMB is for sale and all this is an effort to sucker a buyer into believing this is a great "conversation" board and clean as the driven snow. I came here to have some fun, not waste time on dialog with brain-dead communists and mods with a persecution complex.

At one time, mods who were "on duty" were listed so posters could know they were there and stay away. Why was that changed? Oh yeah, because so many posters stayed away they were getting less ad revenue. Maybe USMB is for sale and all this is an effort to sucker a buyer into believing this is a great "conversation" board and clean as the driven snow. I came here to have some fun, not waste time on dialog with brain-dead communists and mods with a persecution complex.

Found the thread you're whining about.

if it had been up to me, it would have either been trashed, or sent to Badlands.

If you want to attack someone, attack them in the OP, not the thread title.

At one time, mods who were "on duty" were listed so posters could know they were there and stay away.

Bud, my presence is hidden to anyone but mods, unless I post. Been that way since I joined the message board

Found the thread you're whining about.

if it had been up to me, it would have either been trashed, or sent to Badlands.

If you want to attack someone, attack them in the OP, not the thread title.

At one time, mods who were "on duty" were listed so posters could know they were there and stay away.

Bud, my presence is hidden to anyone but mods, unless I post. Been that way since I joined the message board

I ain't "whining" about anything....I doubt you know how to find the thread I'm talking about (which was not intended for your dumb ass to butt in on) since your comment is idiotic and has nothing to do with what happened. The thought of having somebody with your intellect censoring posts in the name of editing is other-worldly.

We always HAVE been a Discussion board. We've always focused almost solely on getting thread topics to be discussed and not on arbitrary content issues.. STILL completely committed to the Free Speech thing.. But lately, the thread titles and Opening Posts have been giving Free Speech a bad name..

The basic rules are not gonna change much.. There's already a clause for not allowing "baiting and polarizing" Titles and OPsR=21665]Dont Taz Me Bro[/USER]

Free speech is impervious to having a "bad name" and that makes speech you hate all the more difficult to tolerate but the Constitution says we must. As for "baiting", it's the essence of a lively discussion and way to expose liars. Imagine telling a prosecutor he can't bait a defendant to get the truth out of him in court. And now you're going to ban "polarizing" posts? LOL! What is your target audience.....the Mormon church? There ain't nearly enough HOT BLOOD here anymore so you're charging those trying to get something going with a crime? I ain't long for these parts....already decided not to OP here anymore after today. By next week at this time I'll be gone johnson.
Free speech is impervious to having a "bad name" and that makes speech you hate all the more difficult to tolerate but the Constitution says we must.

You're lecturing someone who didn't just discover freedoms, liberty and Civil Liberties.. Free speech gets a bad name when the MAJORITY of it personal slander, diversion, repetitious sloganeering, generalizing about groups, parties, and races.. In that sense, it has little value.. All that fancy talk was to preserve DIALOGUE, DEBATE, SCIENCE, RELIGION, not 4th grade level hissy fits and taunting...

It sounds as if the Mods are looking for a new user base. I’m quite positive the bulk of the users here seek the very “inflammatory” discussion the mods seem to detest.
NOBODY spends time here with the intent to change minds and almost NO political discussion ANYWHERE stays civil and polite. Further, almost no thread without “BAIT” is very active, it’s the bait that encourages users to engage.
This is all just plain weird...looks like Democrat type ‘steering’ to me.
“Say what I want you to say just the way I want you to say it and we’ll get along just fine. Is that really too much to ask?”

What it all gets down to is we come here to have fun with our friends and mock the opponents. Mods watch this, feel ignored, and weigh in for attention. This breaks up the good juju and makes posters pull up short and try to figure out what happened.....the vibe is gone thanks to the hall monitor who gets laughed at because they can't post worth a shit so they get even anonymously pretending there is some "rule" you've broken when an asskisser gets away with the same shit day after day. I understand nobody is making me come here. The reason I do is many Con posters are funny as hell and I enjoy reading their thoughts and insults at the leftist fools. Mods demand to be involved and so they create conflict and are a negative and unnecessary obstacle to us enjoying a little time with each other.

Free speech is impervious to having a "bad name" and that makes speech you hate all the more difficult to tolerate but the Constitution says we must.

You're lecturing someone who didn't just discover freedoms, liberty and Civil Liberties.. Free speech gets a bad name when the MAJORITY of it personal slander, diversion, repetitious sloganeering, generalizing about groups, parties, and races.. In that sense, it has little value.. All that fancy talk was to preserve DIALOGUE, DEBATE, SCIENCE, RELIGION, not 4th grade level hissy fits and taunting...

It sounds as if the Mods are looking for a new user base. I’m quite positive the bulk of the users here seek the very “inflammatory” discussion the mods seem to detest.
NOBODY spends time here with the intent to change minds and almost NO political discussion ANYWHERE stays civil and polite. Further, almost no thread without “BAIT” is very active, it’s the bait that encourages users to engage.
“Say what I want you to say just the way I want you to say it and we’ll get along just fine. Is that really too much to ask?”

I’m quite positive the bulk of the users here seek the very “inflammatory” discussion the mods seem to detest.

as already stated, we have Zone 3, (Rubber Room, Badlands, and Flame Zone), for that type interaction.

I’m quite positive the bulk of the users here seek the very “inflammatory” discussion the mods seem to detest.

as already stated, we have Zone 3, (Rubber Room, Badlands, and Flame Zone), for that type interaction.

My bet is, if the Mods go full Nazi in the primary ‘politics’ forum as proposed you’ll end up with seven active/common users there and everyone legit who values their First Amendment right will end up posting in Rubber Room, Badlands, and FZ...is that the goal? Again, thats weird, why the semantics?...It’s like ya’ll don’t know your user and or don’t pay attention to the dynamic of EVERY political discussion and where they all eventually end up. You do know we aren’t discussing cooking recipes...right?
The problem the Cyberspace Speech Police have is that good real Americans expect to take their 1A rights with them EVERYWHERE they go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back