What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New book - should be interesting

Granny

Gold Member
Reaction score
A friend who's a retired teacher has lots of books at home. I was looking for another book and came across An Introduction to American Government and started flipping through it. It's about 2 inches thick and there's not a picture to be found anywhere - just page after page of text. It's an old book - oldest copyright date is 1922 and most recent copyright date is 1952. It's one of those fabric covered thick cardboard hardbacks like we had in the old days. It's a little yellowed but has footnotes all throughout and publisher side notes in the margins indicating the gist of some paragraphs in a few words. It's got everything.

I'm glad she loaned it to me - I figured it was a hell of a lot closer to what I was taught in school than the crap they're selling in today's schools. I think it's going to make a good refresher course for me.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$350.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List