Nevada legislation would allow tech companies to create local governments

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Interesting proposal. I've never heard of an idea like this being pitched before. It could be an interesting innovation in governance. Thoughts?

"According to a draft of the proposed legislation, obtained by the Review-Journal but not yet introduced in the Legislature, Innovation Zones would allow tech companies like Blockchains, LLC to effectively form separate local governments in Nevada, governments that would carry the same authority as a county, including the ability to impose taxes, form school districts and justice courts and provide government services, to name a few duties.

Sisolak pitched the concept in his State of the State address as his plan to bring in new companies that are at the forefront of “groundbreaking technologies,” all without the use of tax abatements or other publicly funded incentive packages that had previously helped Nevada bring companies like Tesla to the state."

How many of these companies would have Chinese investors? How much influence would those investors have in those local decisions.

Basically the same questions I have right now considering that private corporations are exerting influence upon politicians already and now social issues.

Interesting proposal. I've never heard of an idea like this being pitched before. It could be an interesting innovation in governance. Thoughts?

"According to a draft of the proposed legislation, obtained by the Review-Journal but not yet introduced in the Legislature, Innovation Zones would allow tech companies like Blockchains, LLC to effectively form separate local governments in Nevada, governments that would carry the same authority as a county, including the ability to impose taxes, form school districts and justice courts and provide government services, to name a few duties.

Sisolak pitched the concept in his State of the State address as his plan to bring in new companies that are at the forefront of “groundbreaking technologies,” all without the use of tax abatements or other publicly funded incentive packages that had previously helped Nevada bring companies like Tesla to the state."

Has anyone here played the new Cyberpunk 2077 game?

Interesting proposal. I've never heard of an idea like this being pitched before. It could be an interesting innovation in governance. Thoughts
Don't even start. They're damned to hell and everlasting perdition for even suggesting it, and thank God they have powerful enemies on the right side of the law who will put them out of business and frustrate their inordinate desires to CONTROL us in some guise or subterfuge of government, force us to do things we do not want to do, and prevent us from doing things we do want to do.

Me. I'm playing it now. You?

Interesting proposal. I've never heard of an idea like this being pitched before.

They didn't teach you about feudalism when you were in school?

Welcome to the 17th century. Better late than never, I suppose.
This is what happens when you stop teaching history. It's feudalism. In this country we had a bout with company towns. We are repeating an extremely ugly time in human history.

Me. I'm playing it now. You?
Love it. PC of course... This thread immediately made me think of Night City. What do you think?

It's surprising the trump Nazis would oppose this plan for the ultimate deregulation of Big Business. Where's that right-wing defense of the unregulated free market capitalism they so cherish?

Good fckn grief

Wow, bringing back the company town. Clearly you are ignorant of history.

You should read some.

Shit, the green new deal is a mandate to return the non elite to the position of serfs again.

Yeah. Pretty much.

That's what happens when you get authoritarians telling the electorate they're coming to the rescue.

Unfortunately, they're the ones who get all of the air time on the idiot box. And then it just gets blindly regurgitated.

The reality is that the greenest member of congress happens to be the most conservative member of congress. Yet the AOCs of the world continue to be the center of attention.

Govt Sicko-whack is a tyrant and buffoon
Nobody wants to be ruled by these tech terrorist

Forum List

Back