Netherlands Refuses To Mandate Face Masks; Sweden Says They Are ‘Pointless’

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
The mantra of the COVID hysteria mongers is debunked once again:

The Netherlands has decided not to mandate the wearing of face masks in public, citing the fact that there is no scientific evidence to suggest they are effective against the spread of the coronavirus.
“From a medical perspective there is no proven effectiveness of masks, the Cabinet has decided that there will be no national obligation for wearing non-medical masks” announced Netherlands Minister for Medical Care Tamara van Ark.
The country’s National Institute for Health (RIVM) noted that it is aware of studies from other countries that purport to show masks slow the spread of disease, but will not be heeding them.
Indeed, RIVM chief Jaap van Dissel warned that wearing masks incorrectly, in addition to the effect masks have of eroding the perceived need for social distancing, could increase the risk of transmission because of a “false sense of security”.

As an ordinary person, I do not know who is right. I think that most people on both sides of the mask issue are sincere.

I wear a mask when I go out because:

1. Our mayor in Los Angeles has ordered us to. (He recently "begged" young males to use masks.)

2. I am 83 years old.

3. It shows that I am concerned about my health and that of other people -- provided that the mask actually offers some help.

4. I do not want some people to shout at me "Hey, use a mask!"

5. I, of course, dislike masks because (a) they fog up my glasses and (b) I cannot breathe fresh air while walking. It has taken all the joy out of walking, my only exercise.

On YouTube, there are various videos that offer ways to deal with the fogging up problem. Personally, I use this method that seems to be fairly effective:

a. Wash your lenses with soap. Let them dry with the soap still on the lenses for, say, 10 minutes, & then wipe the lenses clean.
b. Be sure to wear the mask over the bridge of your nose.
c. Put on your glasses over the top of your mask.

Last edited:
The bottom line is that the virus just is not dangerous enough to mandate the democrat craziness, which they know very well. They just want to destroy the economy because they were and will be rejected by Americans.

On YouTube, there are various videos that offer ways to deal with the fogging up problem. Personally, I use this method that seems to be fairly effective:

a. Wash your lenses with soap. Let them dry with the soap still on the lenses for, say, 10 minutes, & then wipe the lenses clean.
b. Be sure to wear the mask over the bridge of your nose.
c. Put on your glasses over the top of your mask.

In construction, glasses wearers, like myself, solved the fog problem a long time ago, but it would look really funny in public. We always have to wear masks so we don't inhale sheetrock dust and other crap.

We tear off the corners of a clean paper towel, roll it into a ball, and place them into our nostrils. The facemask is lowered below the nose, and made tighter below the noseline, and the lower half of the facemask is loosened. We then put on our goggles.

By blocking outgoing nasal air, and forcing the moisture out the bottom of the mask, and forcing it to travel along the broader surfaces of full safety goggles, the moisture *never accumulates on the goggles*, and the glasses are never even affected.

I put *never* in stars, because in hihg humidity, it takes about 10-12 minutes before the goggles fog up. But all you have to do is take them off and hold them away from your body for about 30 seconds, and then you can put them back on and get another 10-12 minutes out of them. Rinse and Repeat.

It's weird how the cases in the US went up when people started wearing masks. It's also interesting that case are increasing while the death count is decreasing. I read somewhere contracting COVID by touching an infected surface leads to a mild illness as opposed to becoming infected by breathing in expelled droplets. And now we have people wearing masks constantly touching their face to adjust the mask while in public touching door handles and various other surfaces.

The article makes a good point on people not wearing the masks correctly. Not only do I see tons of people wearing pointless homemade face masks, I see many people who don't pull mask over their nose, people also seem confused on if it's white or blue side out.

The Netherlands has decided not to mandate the wearing of face masks in public, citing the fact that there is no scientific evidence to suggest they are effective against the spread of the coronavirus.
“From a medical perspective there is no proven effectiveness of masks, the Cabinet has decided that there will be no national obligation for wearing non-medical masks” announced Netherlands Minister for Medical Care Tamara van Ark.
The country’s National Institute for Health (RIVM) noted that it is aware of studies from other countries that purport to show masks slow the spread of disease, but will not be heeding them.
Indeed, RIVM chief Jaap van Dissel warned that wearing masks incorrectly, in addition to the effect masks have of eroding the perceived need for social distancing, could increase the risk of transmission because of a “false sense of security”.

And once again, finger boi is full of shit. That's what happens when you use "Questionable Sources"

• Overall, we rate Summit News Questionable based on Extreme Right-wing bias, promotion of conspiracies, misleading and unproven stories, and a complete lack of transparency.

Also, masks are required in the Netherlands when travelling on public transit or in situations where safe distancing isn't possible:

Sweden has a death rate higher than the USA and as we've already discussed, following what they're doing would the dumber than doing what Trump wants.

But keep rolling out those "Questionable sources" Finger Boi.

And once again, finger boi is full of shit. That's what happens when you use "Questionable Sources"

• Overall, we rate Summit News Questionable based on Extreme Right-wing bias, promotion of conspiracies, misleading and unproven stories, and a complete lack of transparency.

Also, masks are required in the Netherlands when travelling on public transit or in situations where safe distancing isn't possible:

Sweden has a death rate higher than the USA and as we've already discussed, following what they're doing would the dumber than doing what Trump wants.

But keep rolling out those "Questionable sources" Finger Boi.
You failed to prove my source was wrong, dingbat. Masks are required here when I go to Meier or Home-depot. What does that prove?

Sweden's death rate is quickly approaching zero. You really don't understand what the term "death rate" means.

Forum List

Back