Netflix's woke purge: Troubled streaming giant's latest layoffs targeted staff who were among its most vocal social justice warriors working on origin

AMart

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2020
  • Netflix laid of 150 employees on Tuesday, many of whom were working on creating and promoting projects focusing on marginalized communities
  • Firm additionally fired nearly 70 employees working for its social media and publishing teams, including Strong Black Lead, Golden, Con Todo and Most, all that catered to marginalized communities
  • The struggling streaming giant claimed the layoffs were carried out amid 'a slow down in revenue and decline in subscribers'
  • The layoffs once again targeted members of content arm Tudum, weeks after laying off dozens from the department in April
Netflix's recent axing of 290 staff targeted many of the firm's wokest workers who are prolific social justice warriors on social media, it has been claimed.

The struggling streaming service has pulled the plug on several projects that were aimed at discussing race and LGBTQ issues, Variety reported, and axed the diverse employees working on and promoting them.

A total of 150 recruitment workers were fired, as well as another 70 animators, and 70 contractors working on promotional materials for the firm including social media and publishing.

Those promotional workers were assigned to work on Netflix projects Strong Black Lead, the Asian American-focused Golden, the Latino-focused Con Todo, and the LGBTQ-focused Most.

Netflix claimed its latest layoffs were due to 'a slow down in revenue and decline in subscribers.' But critics online say many of those given the boot were from minority groups - and others have speculated that the firings were part of a woke clear-out.

Get woke, go broke
Officers in a publicly traded companies have a fiduciary duty to stockholders to look out for their best financial interests. Catering to unpopular communities does not satisfy that requirement.
Pissing off the customer base never ends well for a business & most people don't care about lefty delusions, gender benders or racist programming.
Barry had his show cancelled so the rest know their time is short

• Netflix laid of 150 employees on Tuesday, many of whom were working on creating and promoting projects focusing on marginalized communities
  • Firm additionally fired nearly 70 employees working for its social media and publishing teams, including Strong Black Lead, Golden, Con Todo and Most, all that catered to marginalized communities
  • The struggling streaming giant claimed the layoffs were carried out amid 'a slow down in revenue and decline in subscribers'
  • The layoffs once again targeted members of content arm Tudum, weeks after laying off dozens from the department in April
Netflix's recent axing of 290 staff targeted many of the firm's wokest workers who are prolific social justice warriors on social media, it has been claimed.

The struggling streaming service has pulled the plug on several projects that were aimed at discussing race and LGBTQ issues, Variety reported, and axed the diverse employees working on and promoting them.

A total of 150 recruitment workers were fired, as well as another 70 animators, and 70 contractors working on promotional materials for the firm including social media and publishing.

Those promotional workers were assigned to work on Netflix projects Strong Black Lead, the Asian American-focused Golden, the Latino-focused Con Todo, and the LGBTQ-focused Most.

Netflix claimed its latest layoffs were due to 'a slow down in revenue and decline in subscribers.' But critics online say many of those given the boot were from minority groups - and others have speculated that the firings were part of a woke clear-out.
Money talks. Independents and Conservatives have voices too

Get woke, go broke
Officers in a publicly traded companies have a fiduciary duty to stockholders to look out for their best financial interests. Catering to unpopular communities does not satisfy that requirement.
Pissing off the customer base never ends well for a business & most people don't care about lefty delusions, gender benders or racist programming.
Barry had his show cancelled so the rest know their time is short

imo, the fact that there is no pushback from stock holders in these situations, at least as far as I have heard, raises the possibility of some sort of breakdown in our capitalism system.

imo, the fact that there is no pushback from stock holders in these situations, at least as far as I have heard, raises the possibility of some sort of breakdown in our capitalism system.
I believe the breakdown has a lot to do with cancel culture shaming.
Fund managers & other owners are afraid of someone pulling the racist card or some other BS the left has used as a club to force people to stay in line.
I've had that "IDC, screw 'em all" mentality for a while now. I don't care if they call me racist because I know it's absolutely false.
It's very liberating when you realize beyond bloviating about nonsense & delusional outrage, they got nothin'.
I'll never bend the knee & they hate that

The religion of the woke may be in retreat...but don't fool yourselves...what matters most is the bottom line for netflix and the rest.

STILL...it is satisfying to see JUST HOW POWERFUL WE ARE afterall. now suck on that weeping and gnashing of teeth lefties.

Forum List

Back