Netanyahu's response to UN's resulution.

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
Netanyahu release a statemenet to the press, earlier, regarding the UN's decision yesterday. Here's the full speech.

"Citizens of Israel, I want you to calm you down. The decision reached yesterday in the UN is distorted, is shameful, but we shall overcome it.

The decision makes the Jewish Quarter of Jerusalem's Old City 'occupied' territory - that's delusional. It says that the Western Wall, the Kotel, is 'occupied' territory - that's just as delusional.There is nothing more absurd than calling the Western Wall and Jewish Quarter occupied territory.

This is a failed attempt to force the conditions of a final agreement on Israel. Their last attempt to accomplish this was led by President Carter, who was totally hostile to Israel and just recently said that Hamas is not a terror group. Carter passed anti-Israel resolutions in the UN, similar to these resolutions, but he did not succeed. We opposed his resolutions and nothing happened.

All the American presidents after Carter have stood by the US promise not to allow the UN to force Israel to do anything. Yesterday, US President Barack Obama violated this promise - as well as his own promise from 2011, when he did not use his veto power and stood behind this shameful move in the UN.

Not only does this decision not bring peace closer, it in fact pushes peace farther away. It is an affront to justice, to truth. Think about how absurd it is. Half a million people slaughtered in Syria, tens of thousands in Sudan, the entire Middle East is in flames and Obama's government and the Security Council decide to attack the only democracy in the Middle Est - Israel. How shameful.

My friends, on this first night of Hanukkah, I want to tell you that it will do them no good. We will completely oppose this resolution, as we did when the UN decided that 'Zionism is Racism.' That decision was revoked and so will this one be. It just takes time. And it won't be revoked by our giving in, but by our standing strong with our allies at our side. I remind you that we left Gaza, destroyed communities, removed people from their graves. Did that help us at the UN in any way? Did it improve the UN's attitude to us? We got thousand of rockets on our heads from Gaza and the Goldstone Report from the UN.

So I state the obvious, and I say, as the majority of Israel knows by now- We learned our lesson. This is where we're not headed. But I want to say another thing. We're not alone. I spoke with American leaders yesterday. I was glad to hear that congress members, democrats and republicans alike, are going to fight this resolution by any means possible. They told me clearly- "We've had enough of this. We will allow nobody to harm the state of Israel."

On my last speech at the UN, September, I've said that a storm is expected before things improve. We knew of the possibility, and have accepted it. The UN's decision yesterday is just a part of the 'Swan's song', of the old, biased world against Israel, but friends, we're facing a new era. And like elected president Trump said, it's going to be much sooner than they think. In this new era, the price for those who hurt Israel is much higher, and shall be claimed not only by the United States, but Israel as well. Two states which are in good diplomatic relations with us supported and stood behind this resolution, which is why I order the diplomats and embassadors to return from Sengal and New Zealand immediately. I orders to stop any aid being sent to Senegal, and it's only the beginning. Finally, I ordered the ministry of foreign affairs to reexamine our connection with the UN's institutes and the staying of their people in Israel.

I want to say another thing, and pay attantion to my next words. The decision will come against them, and this is the straw which broke the camel's back. The decion yesterday calls the immediate reaction of our friends in the United State and worldwide. Our friends who are tired of the UN's hostility towards Israel,and are ready to bring forth the change. Therefore I quote our scriptures- "Out of the eater, something to eat; out of the strong, something sweet." The one entering the door to curse, shall exit, leaving behind his blessing.

On this Hanukkah Eve, I stand next to the modern Maccabis, The soldiers and injured of the IDF, our everyday heros, I salute you, and tell you, the light shall scare of the darkness, and the Maccabis' spirit shall win. Happy Hannukah."

------------------

Good Speech.

Israel is asked to follow the law so takes its ambassadors back. That's not playing nice.

Israel is asked to give up on Jerusalem as is starting to realize that it has to protect the holiest of holies in everyway it can.

It's Channukah. Chanukkah is about rebelion against a cruel ruler who told the Jews "forsake everything you hold dear".

We did not cave in then. Why should we now.

Well if you are happy to be seen as a pariah nation there is no reason at all.

edit...You are Israeli, right?

How dare Israel be criticised.

"All the American presidents after Carter have stood by the US promise not to allow the UN to force Israel to do anything."

...yet they've forced other countries to do things (that's ok apparently)...

Not to mention Obama gave Israel a $31 billion dollar aid package over the next 10 years. He clearly hates Israel.

It's great to have allies... but this bullshit of having an ally because of religion, and to think you should let them do whatever the fuck they want because you are the same religion? Stupid. The U.S. gives them A LOT of money... and the fact that the U.S. let the U.N. make a decision without vetoing the whole thing? I think it was a good decision.

Hmm ... no mention of the great American miracle of God electing Donald Trump the pro-Israeli ?!

I think Netanyahu should have put him in there.

Well it's like a resolution that that should "never" happen but was always a potential. I remember this being discussed already years ago as a potential situation in the press.

anyway according to the plan.

It's great to have allies... but this bullshit of having an ally because of religion, and to think you should let them do whatever the fuck they want because you are the same religion? Stupid. The U.S. gives them A LOT of money... and the fact that the U.S. let the U.N. make a decision without vetoing the whole thing? I think it was a good decision.

What same religion? We are majority Christian in the U.S., by a long shot.

Where is the birth place of Christianity?

Israel is asked to follow the law so takes its ambassadors back. That's not playing nice.

Jews have been asked to 'follow the law' before ... it didn't work out so well.

b7959685-1d1c-413c-959c-4bc158ad845a.jpg

The only people who make law for Israelis are Israeli law makers.

Roman Palestine. That's why a Crusade is needed to make the place 100% Christian again, as it was until the Muslim conquest.

Roman Palestine. That's why a Crusade is needed to make the place 100% Christian again, as it was until the Muslim conquest.

Bull shit, too many people die because of religion.

Do you really think that's a valid comparison? It's like pulling the Nazi card.

It's a resolution over a Land Dispute - essentially. A land dispute that has been going on for decades.

It's a resolution over a Land Dispute - essentially. A land dispute that has been going on for decades.

When the Germans created the 'Blood and Honor Laws' in 1935 they made a statement of the world that Jews, although being contributing members of German society for centuries could no longer participate in any facet of German life or live freely in German land -- their history and contributions were erased with the stroke of the pen -- leading the way for everything that happened after.

Yesterday the UN said that, despite 3,000 of continuous documented history in Jerusalem, that Israelis no longer have any right to live in that land nor do the possess any legitimacy of territorial claim. Israel is a country surrounded by implacable enemies slathering to repeat (and ultimately complete) the mission of the Nazis and this single vote provides their cause with that self-same legitimacy which the Germans claimed by passing the 'Blood and Honor Laws'.

So, you tell me if the comparison is valid or not.

The single difference is that, unlike the German laws, this 'condemnation' is not enforceable by any power and does not ultimately affect the sovereignty of the Jewish State who are under no obligation to accept it.

When the Germans created the 'Blood and Honor Laws' in 1935 they made a statement of the world that Jews, although being contributing members of German society for centuries could no longer participate in any facet of German life or live freely in German land -- their history and contributions were erased with the stroke of the pen -- leading the way for everything that happened after.

Yesterday the UN said that, despite 3,000 of continuous documented history in Jerusalem, that Israelis no longer have any right to live in that land nor do the possess any legitimacy of territorial claim. Israel is a country surrounded by implacable enemies slathering to repeat (and ultimately complete) the mission of the Nazis and this single vote provides their cause with that self-same legitimacy which the Germans claimed by passing the 'Blood and Honor Laws'.

So, you tell me if the comparison is valid or not.

The single difference is that, unlike the German laws, this 'condemnation' is not enforceable by any power and does not ultimately affect the sovereignty of the Jewish State who are under no obligation to accept it.

No. I don't think it's comparable, and your resorting to a lot of emotional rhetoric to try and validate the comparison. The UN are not Nazi's.

Jerusalem is an ancient city that is an important city to 3 world religions, and a variety of people. It's also a contested city with different people claiming a right to it. Yes? No? It's been a divided city as well.

The resolution did NOT say that " Israelis no longer have any right to live in that land nor do the possess any legitimacy of territorial claim" - that's a total exageration. The resolution is essentially - stop building settlements until the dispute is resolved. Netanyahu can't keep paying lip service to a 2-state solution while simultaneously expanding the settlement program.

Forum List

Back