"Net Neutrality is the Obamacare of the Internet..."

Can Cruz be a bigger asshole?

Like healthcare, he wants the Internet reserved for those who can afford it
It scares me that you are allowed to vote in elections.

Cruz would just as soon auction off the Internet to the highest bidder. Same as he wants for healthcare
You jokers want free internet and you hope the government will give it to you.

Where has anyone said anything about free?

Did I miss something?

Apparently someone else pays their bills and they don't know the internet is not free, has never been free and will never be free. Its obvious they still don't know what "net neutrality" really means.

Can Cruz be a bigger asshole?

Like healthcare, he wants the Internet reserved for those who can afford it

Cruz would just as soon auction off the Internet to the highest bidder. Same as he wants for healthcare

Did I miss something?

Apparently someone else pays their bills and they don't know the internet is not free, has never been free and will never be free. Its obvious they still don't know what "net neutrality" really means.

Here's what YOU know about Net Neutrality: It's the "Net" and that means the internet, "Neutrality' is a big word that you don't understand but you think it kinda means "free", and Ted Cruz doesn't like it so it must be a good thing.

Did I miss something?

Here's what YOU know about Net Neutrality: It's the "Net" and that means the internet, "Neutrality' is a big word that you don't understand but you think it kinda means "free", and Ted Cruz doesn't like it so it must be a good thing.

Wrong.

Has any RW been able to really say why they are in favor of the very wealthy having control of the internet?

Net neutrality is one thing. It's all the other crap hung on it like an obscene Christmas Tree that will lead to government control of what you're allowed to see and do.

But, hey, it works for China! Almost as well there as in North Korea.

That was the brilliant response of Ted Cruz to President Obama's comments this morning about Net Neutrality.
"Net Neutrality' is Obamacare for the Internet; the Internet should not operate at the speed of government," Cruz wrote on Twitter.
Ted Cruz: Net Neutrality Is 'Obamacare For The Internet' - Business Insider

President Barack Obama wants to reclassify the internet as a utility, he said in a new statement released by the White House on Monday.
That would allow the Federal Communications Committee to enforce heavier restrictions on it and protect net neutrality.

This is an insanely cynical tactic that should worry all citizens regardless of political stripe, and it's coming from the guys at the top; Ted Cruz (R-TX) is a powerful member of the GOP in the Senate and a potential presidential candidate for 2016. Republicans just took over Congress and hold the keys to policymaking for at least the next two years. If the best they can continue to come up with is repeating "Obama is bad!" the internet is in serious trouble.

Net neutrality is obviously nothing like Obamacare, but Cruz and his colleagues have already demonstrated they either don't understand what internet freedom means or they're willing to spread mendacious propaganda about it to help their friends at Verizon, Comcast, and other monopolistic ISPs.

At some point one would think that, in the name of protecting their constituency, even Republicans would figure out at some point that just because Obama supports it, that doesn't automatically make it a bad thing...
It's a bad thing. The dems want to tax the upper middle class income folk for access to the internet, while giving democrat voters unlimited free access. That and the new government controls over the net... it's nutz. You may want govco to control information, I think it sucks to be living in a country with a government that treats it's citizens as criminals.

That was the brilliant response of Ted Cruz to President Obama's comments this morning about Net Neutrality.
"Net Neutrality' is Obamacare for the Internet; the Internet should not operate at the speed of government," Cruz wrote on Twitter.

President Barack Obama wants to reclassify the internet as a utility, he said in a new statement released by the White House on Monday.
That would allow the Federal Communications Committee to enforce heavier restrictions on it and protect net neutrality.

This is an insanely cynical tactic that should worry all citizens regardless of political stripe, and it's coming from the guys at the top; Ted Cruz (R-TX) is a powerful member of the GOP in the Senate and a potential presidential candidate for 2016. Republicans just took over Congress and hold the keys to policymaking for at least the next two years. If the best they can continue to come up with is repeating "Obama is bad!" the internet is in serious trouble.

Net neutrality is obviously nothing like Obamacare, but Cruz and his colleagues have already demonstrated they either don't understand what internet freedom means or they're willing to spread mendacious propaganda about it to help their friends at Verizon, Comcast, and other monopolistic ISPs.

At some point one would think that, in the name of protecting their constituency, even Republicans would figure out at some point that just because Obama supports it, that doesn't automatically make it a bad thing...
It's a bad thing. The dems want to tax the upper middle class income folk for access to the internet, while giving democrat voters unlimited free access. That and the new government controls over the net... it's nutz. You may want govco to control information, I think it sucks to be living in a country with a government that treats it's citizens as criminals.
Where did you ever get that one?

Did you make it up or did it come off of some rightwing "I hate Obama" blog?

Which part is the "that one" that you are referring to?

Did I miss something?

Wrong.

Has any RW been able to really say why they are in favor of the very wealthy having control of the internet?

Because we aren't moron. If Net Neutrality is defeated it doesn't mean the wealthy have control you idiot.

I'll tell you where he got it from, he got it from logic, reason, education, and a knowledge of history.

No, actually it was Ted Stevens the famous kook from Alaska who made the silly remark about tubes. Obviously you prefer the wealthy have access to high speed internet, and let the people who can't afford it deal with artificially slowed access. Typical right winger wants to give unfair advantage to the rich while limiting the rest. I'm sure rush would be proud of you.

There we go, thanks for your honesty.

It is all about another freebie to the unproductive.

It has nothing to do with anything being given for free.
Sure it is.

Equal footing=Free to dependent class.

I'm long since on to this shit, don't even bother me denying it.

The internet is not free unless you spend all your time in Starbucks, you have an internet bill like everyone else. Like I said it's not about anything being free. It's about corporations wanting to limit access.
The customer will tell the corporations what they can and cannot do, if they want his business. The government can tell us customers to go fuck ourselves.
Really? Why don't you try that with you electric company. Or, better yet, your cable company. Oh, wait! Most places only have a single company that services specific areas? If you don't like that company, your only other option is to go without? Really? Well, fuck! That didn't work out so well...

I'm no fan of Obama, but wake up and smell the coffee on this one. Letting ISPs win this one and remove net neutrality DOES NOT benefit you in any way shape or form.
You take the Internet away from the private sector, giving it to the government and it will become expensive, slower and no longer free. Look at the DMV. Learn.

Net neutrality will prevent it from becoming expensive, and slower. It's not free now. You don't have an ISP bill every month?
Same argument as "healthcare is expensive, wait until we make it free."

Nobody but teabaggers ever said healthcare or the internet would be free. You are starting to believe your own lies.

Net neutrality is one thing. It's all the other crap hung on it like an obscene Christmas Tree that will lead to government control of what you're allowed to see and do.

But, hey, it works for China! Almost as well there as in North Korea.

Yep and that's exactly what the Republicans want.

I'm no fan of Obama, but wake up and smell the coffee on this one. Letting ISPs win this one and remove net neutrality DOES NOT benefit you in any way shape or form.
You take the Internet away from the private sector, giving it to the government and it will become expensive, slower and no longer free. Look at the DMV. Learn.

Net neutrality will prevent it from becoming expensive, and slower. It's not free now. You don't have an ISP bill every month?

Nobody but teabaggers ever said healthcare or the internet would be free. You are starting to believe your own lies.
Uh, what are the subsidies then?

I want someone to tell me how many previously uninsured are now BUYING THEIR OWN INSURANCE.

I heard 10 million people have signed up on the exchanges.

Anyone know the percentage of them getting a free ride, after subsidies are factored in?

I want someone to tell me how many previously uninsured are now BUYING THEIR OWN INSURANCE.

Anyone know the percentage of them getting a free ride, after subsidies are factored in?

I want someone to tell me ...
I heard ...
Anyone know ...?

THAT is the reality of the radical RW.

Ignorant and unwilling to educate themselves.

Try Google. That's what adult libs do.

I'm not sure how many others are, but I am, and without any subsidy. I couldn't get insurance at any price. My insurance company dropped me after my first bypass surgery, and none of the others would sell insurance to me at any price because of my pre existing condition. Don't tell me the emergency room was a viable option. They will help someone who is in the middle of a heart attack, or other traumatic injury, but that's the end of their function. The emergency room does not, and can not take the place of regular medical care. Since the massive amounts of bankruptcies are caused by medical expenses, it's obvious I'm not the only one who benefits from Obamacare.

I want someone to tell me ...
I heard ...
Anyone know ...?

THAT is the reality of the radical RW.

Ignorant and unwilling to educate themselves.

Try Google. That's what adult libs do.
Maybe you don't care but obamacare supporters are said to be stupid by those who created it, you dumb ass have a lot of nerve calling someone ignorant.

I'm not sure how many others are, but I am, and without any subsidy. I couldn't get insurance at any price. My insurance company dropped me after my first bypass surgery, and none of the others would sell insurance to me at any price because of my pre existing condition. Don't tell me the emergency room was a viable option. They will help someone who is in the middle of a heart attack, or other traumatic injury, but that's the end of their function. The emergency room does not, and can not take the place of regular medical care. Since the massive amounts of bankruptcies are caused by medical expenses, it's obvious I'm not the only one who benefits from Obamacare.
Let me get this straight. Your insurance company dropped you because you had an insurance claim which is against the law. Then you join up with Obamacare for a cheap rate so you can force your fellow citizens to pay your way in life instead of forcing the insurance company that dropped you to pay for the health care you bought from them. Then you have the balls to claim that this is ok because you bet other people are screwing over the country the same way you are. ROFL Sorry to hear about your condition. But just because you want to be the six million dollar man does not mean I should be taxed to death to make that happen for you.

Let me get this straight. Your insurance company dropped you because you had an insurance claim which is against the law. Then you join up with Obamacare for a cheap rate so you can force your fellow citizens to pay your way in life instead of forcing the insurance company that dropped you to pay for the health care you bought from them. Then you have the balls to claim that this is ok because you bet other people are screwing over the country the same way you are. ROFL Sorry to hear about your condition. But just because you want to be the six million dollar man does not mean I should be taxed to death to make that happen for you.

Obviously you have comprehension problems. They dropped me after paying off a claim, because they knew I would probably have more claims in the future. Dropping me was perfectly legal, and standard procedure for insurance companies before Obamacare. I now buy insurance with my own money, (no subsidy, because I don't qualify for one) and the price is set by my insurance company. Of course Obamacare prevents some of the gouging that was SOP, and they are obligated to sell it to me at a price that they can still make money. How do you think I'm screwing anybody?

Forum List

Back