Nebraska leads states on Biden’s IRS snoop: ‘Not going to comply’

Ordinary Guy

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2021
The state of Nebraska is saying a big "no" to the Biden administration's plan that would give the Internal Revenue Service big government surveillance power over every day American’s bank accounts.

"My message is really simple. The people of Nebraska entrusted me to protect the privacy of these accounts and I am not going to comply with this. If the Biden administration sues me, we will take it all the way to the Supreme Court. We are going to fight every step of the way," State Treasurer John Murante told FOX Business in an exclusive interview.

The proposal, which is roughly $79 billion of the $3.5 trillion spending bill, would give the IRS more muscle to force banks to report customers' account inflows and outflows of $600 or more to the IRS. The White House has estimated the policy, which would apply to bank, loan and investment accounts, could generate about $463 billion in additional revenue over the next decade.

Murante believes other state treasurers will follow his opposition lead. "We have members across the country who are committed to limited government and free market approaches, and we are unanimously against this proposal. It is an invasion of privacy and lacks any due process," he stated.

The state of Nebraska is saying a big "no" to the Biden administration's plan that would give the Internal Revenue Service big government surveillance power over every day American’s bank accounts.

"My message is really simple. The people of Nebraska entrusted me to protect the privacy of these accounts and I am not going to comply with this. If the Biden administration sues me, we will take it all the way to the Supreme Court. We are going to fight every step of the way," State Treasurer John Murante told FOX Business in an exclusive interview.

The proposal, which is roughly $79 billion of the $3.5 trillion spending bill, would give the IRS more muscle to force banks to report customers' account inflows and outflows of $600 or more to the IRS. The White House has estimated the policy, which would apply to bank, loan and investment accounts, could generate about $463 billion in additional revenue over the next decade.

Murante believes other state treasurers will follow his opposition lead. "We have members across the country who are committed to limited government and free market approaches, and we are unanimously against this proposal. It is an invasion of privacy and lacks any due process," he stated.

I live in Nebraska. There are a lot of Republican irregularities going on in this state. It's about time they were investigated. Republicans here have been in power for ever, absolute power corrupts absolutely. Something definitely stinks and it's not just the stockyards.

I live in Nebraska. There are a lot of Republican irregularities going on in this state. It's about time they were investigated. Republicans here have been in power for ever, absolute power corrupts absolutely. Something definitely stinks and it's not just the stockyards.
They will be investigating you too.

I don't think so, I'm on the low end of the spectrum when it comes to wealth and property.
Anyone with deposits of $600.00 + will be scrutinized. $600.00 is not the high end of the spectrum.

and democrats have absolute gov power right now.

wanna keep that phrase or try to suddenly justify your hypocritical stance?

I don't think so, I'm on the low end of the spectrum when it comes to wealth and property.
Even destitute citizens drawing a bare-minimal stipend from government will be moving 600+ dollars a month. This is a power grab that allows the Biden/Obama regime to look into EVERYONE'S business without restriction. These bastards are going straight up totalitarian as hard and fast as they can. It's like they will keep pushing until they get the violence they want, THEN they'll use LEOs and even the military to crush dissenters. When THAT day arrives, no one in this nation is going to be better off.

Even destitute citizens drawing a bare-minimal stipend from government will be moving 600+ dollars a month. This is a power grab that allows the Biden/Obama regime to look into EVERYONE'S business without restriction. These bastards are going straight up totalitarian as hard and fast as they can. It's like they will keep pushing until they get the violence they want, THEN they'll use LEOs and even the military to crush dissenters. When THAT day arrives, no one in this nation is going to be better off.
Wait for someone to have a garage sale…sell a car…do side yard work. Pedo Joe will be hitting them up for tax money. :)

Lucky you, nothing more underhanded than a democrat with power

You know him personally?

You are all idiots. Don't need to know an idiot personally to know they are an idiot.

In fact, it's best to stay as far away as possible from idiots.

They do stupid things so proximity can be dangerous.

So you support the idea of making banks report all transactions over $600 to the IRS?

Forum List

Back