Nebraska lawmakers pass permitless concealed carry gun bill

People miss that have training.
They miss a lot more when they don't. Also its good to know whether they can blast someone for stealing their lunch.

He doesn't want to catch a bullet probably. It really puts a cramp in your afternoon.

They miss a lot more when they don't. Also its good to know whether they can blast someone for stealing their lunch.

He doesn't want to catch a bullet probably. It really puts a cramp in your afternoon.
Care to prove that?
Doesnt matter. I dont want my hypothetical daughter pissing beside a mentally ill grown man at target, but am i going to ask for birth certificates?

I agree. I see nothing burdensome about that at all given the responsibility you're carrying around. People are quick to point out the "shall not be infringed" part of the Second Amendment, but seem to "forget" about the "well-regulated" part.

I dont recall having to take a class to carry a firearm in the Constitution.
So well regulated has nothing to do with taking a class....oops.

In Nevada if you want to carry you have to attend an eight hour class in order to get your permit. It's good for four years. When you renew you have to attend a four hour class. Both classes cover the law, inform you of when and how you can use force, and train you in actually shooting the firearm. I don't consider this to be an unreasonable requirement. That said, if certain states want to allow anyone to carry without a permit I'm fine with that too if that's what those people want.
I have no problem with the classes.

Calling it "constitutional carry" like all the other states have done, acknowledges their restrictions are UNconstitutional. They admit it to our faces.
They will be the 26th to do so. I wish the gunophobes luck trying to pass legislation or an attempt to amend the constitution.

I agree. I see nothing burdensome about that at all given the responsibility you're carrying around. People are quick to point out the "shall not be infringed" part of the Second Amendment, but seem to "forget" about the "well-regulated" part.

No....the part where democrats exploit mandatory training to prohibit people, in particular, the poor, from being able to carry a gun......

Well refulated had nothing to do with guns....

No....the part where democrats exploit mandatory training to prohibit people, in particular, the poor, from being able to carry a gun......

Well refulated had nothing to do with guns....

Again.....uou refuse to achnowledge that the democrats will use training requirements....and in fact are doing so in several states, to keep people from carrying guns...especially post Bruen decision.

Again.....uou refuse to achnowledge that the democrats will use training requirements....and in fact are doing so in several states, to keep people from carrying guns...especially post Bruen decision.
Are you so bored, needing someone to talk to, you respond to your own post?

I do not approve, but none of my business in other states, just an opinion.
My class was 8 hours, a morning and afternoon, included a written test over laws and safety aspect, ending with graded range qualification, each individual qualifying in front of an individual grader. This was particularly good for the few in the class, actually relatively unaccustomed to weapons handling beforehand. The course was approved by the state, established save minimal standard for carriers. It was not expensive. It was relatively thorough, even by my standards as a weapons trainer. It is the way to go, in my opinion.

Damn, son! I may not agree, but that was an Awesome way of expressing your disagreement, funny as hell! Thanks for posting. I had to show my wife. We both liked it. There are some imaginative content producers out there!:auiqs.jpg:

Damn, son! I may not agree, but that was an Awesome way of expressing your disagreement, funny as hell! Thanks for posting. I had to show my wife. We both liked it. There are some imaginative content producers out there!:auiqs.jpg:
Think about it though, old black granny ain't got no time for all that, she has to babysit and work n stuff.

She's responsible and her parents taught her gun safety, and she needs to be able to protect herself and her family.

Think about it though, old black granny ain't got no time for all that, she has to babysit and work n stuff.

She's responsible and her parents taught her gun safety, and she needs to be able to protect herself and her family.
I did it on a Saturday of my choosing, for myself and the common good. Now, I can carry if I choose, not just in my state, but in 30+ other states, acting in regulation and responsibility for myself and indeed the country as a whole. If granny feels the need, she should too, as it is her right to do, and in support of community standards and responsibilities in a free society.:)

In proper working order and ready for action. Well maintained.

§246. Militia: composition and classes​

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

(b) The classes of the militia are—

(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and

(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

In states that deem all citizens between 17-45 as members of the unorganized militia taking one class could be argued as fitting the well regulated militia definition.

In proper working order and ready for action. Well maintained.

"It referred to the property of something being in proper working order. Something that was well-regulated was calibrated correctly, functioning as expected"

Precisely, so asking someone to attend a class every few years for a few hours to make sure their understanding of the firearms laws and shooting skill are up to date is hardly an infringement.

Forum List

Back