Nebraska becomes 17th state to pass the convention of states resolution

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

We are half way there! For the first time in US history, states may soon amend the Constitution!!

What amendments do you favor?

As for myself, both these amendments would have close to 80% approval rating among Americans.

1. Term limits for those in Congress

2. A balanced budget of some sort.

I think that is where you start.

We are half way there! For the first time in US history, states may soon amend the Constitution!!

As for myself, both these amendments would have close to 80% approval rating among Americans.

I don't know if I want to open the constitution though. Look at the whack jobs that are in power now and you want to open our founding document up to them. It could go either way.

Why would anyone think amending anything would be any different, nothing changes if the fed is left intact, if the states ever get to an Article V convention, the very first thing done should be the immediate dissolution of the US federal government!

Why would anyone think amending anything would be any different, nothing changes if the fed is left intact, if the states ever get to an Article V convention, the very first thing done should be the immediate dissolution of the US federal government!

It's now officially the FERAL Government.
Probably enemy #1 of freedom and America loving peoples.

I personally think the US government has become a Satanic entity overall. Maybe why so many Lefties love it so much?
Speaking of which...has anyone else noticed how often the Chinese subtly sneak 666 into so many of their products> No, I'm not kidding.
And I'm not crazy (yet) :spinner:

China_666.jpg

Last edited:

Getting rid of the ridiculous 10 weeks it takes after voting to certify an election. It should be wrapped up by November 30.

Forcing the incumbent administration to "turn over the books" to the incoming administration by 12/1 so transition is more orderly.

Replacing the presidential pardon with a 3 judge panel of Supreme Court justices. No pardons after a general election until 1/20 of the following year. Stop it with the president pardoning people on the way out the door.

Publicly funded elections.

Standardized rules for early voting.

For as much bitching as the right wing loons do around here...you'd figure they would have all sorts of serious ideas they could list instantly. However, it often seems as they are more interested in ensuring they always have a license to bitch and moan.

For as much bitching as the right wing loons do around here...you'd figure they would have all sorts of serious ideas they could list instantly. However, it often seems as they are more interested in ensuring they always have a license to bitch and moan.

I have one to list instantly - right to life. It would certainly stop your baby slaughter dead in its tracks. Let's do it.

A Federal government, abhorrent as it is, is necessary in some limited fashion. I would simply restrict it's power to overseeing the national defense and not much more.

You're not too big on critical thought, eh?

A license to bitch and moan already exists in the Bill of Rights.

Can you name the Amendment?

A Federal government, abhorrent as it is, is necessary in some limited fashion. I would simply restrict it's power to overseeing the national defense and not much more.
Very good. A federal government needs to exist so that the States have a solid front to present to the world.

After all, the entire purpose of the Federal Government is to act as the spokesperson for our country to the world. There are some minor housekeeping things that need to be controlled too,b ut for the most part, the Feds are supposed to represent the "People" of the United States to the rest of the world. Oh, and defend us against EVERYONE!

Those will not see the light of day. Too much power in D.C. to let that happen as things are now. Lifetime politicians and unelected government people are formidable with many backed by lobbyists and elites. And an endless fiat currency capable of printing what they need until it collapses. The ideas are sound and good. We once were that.

Forum List

Back