Nearly 4,000 Auto Dealers sign letter to Biden, stressing that they believe customers are not interested in EVs.

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Just 8 years from now, two-thirds of all new vehicle sales are mandated to be EV's. Come on, does anyone actually believe we will be ready for that, with infrastructure to accommodate that many EV's on the road, even if consumers were all onboard with buying them?

Dealers involved say that many customers are not ready to switch to electric vehicles.

A group of nearly 4,000 auto dealers known as "EV Voice of the Customer" have sent a letter to President Biden urging his administration to slow proposed regulations that would require that two-thirds of new vehicles sold in the U.S. be electric by 2032. The group claims this mandate is unrealistic given the waning EV demand.

It doesn’t matter what you want the loud speaker said you will buy electric and damnit you will buy electric.

Seriously does anyone think this date will stand? I can’t think of many government set dates years off that haven’t been pushed down the line. Real ID was supposed to take place April 2020 and now it’s pushed till at least May 2025

Just 8 years from now, two-thirds of all new vehicle sales are mandated to be EV's. Come on, does anyone actually believe we will be ready for that, with infrastructure to accommodate that many EV's on the road, even if consumers were all onboard with buying them?

Dealers involved say that many customers are not ready to switch to electric vehicles.

I'll buy a horse and buggy before wasting my money on an EV.

Odd they would send this to Biden as opposed to the manufacturers.

The government are the ones creating these mandates.

There are NO mandates. I drive for two car dealers. A Honda/VW dealer. There may be 2-3 Electric VW's on the lot. Everything else gas.

I also drive for a Ford/Lincoln/Mazda/Dodge/Jeep/Mercedes dealer. I have no idea how many ICE cars. Maybe a handful of EV's.

I think this is pretty common as I go to many dealers trading cars.

I'm certainly not interested in one.

If someone else is, well, then, hey...none of my business.

What I don't agree with is usurping my right to freedom of choice at the barrel of a government gun.

That's fascist...

Has that happened?

Empty political rhetoric. You also know it's 100% impossible.

For example...

''Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon,Rhode Island and Washington have announced they'll enforce the Advanced Clean Cars II rule and prohibit the sale of new gasoline-powered vehicles.''

For example...

''Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon,Rhode Island and Washington have announced they'll enforce the Advanced Clean Cars II rule and prohibit the sale of new gasoline-powered vehicles.''

No they won't and on top of that, again, you know they won't as it's 100% impossible.

Got a long way to go, but that seems to be the plan.

It'll only affect new car sales, but the other thing in some of the states where the more regressive elected officials operate is that they're starting to go after older vehicles in trivial little ways with targeted regulation to get them off the road.

Car hobbyists put up a decent fight, though, so that stuff tends to get headed off at the pass as soon as they try it. But they do keep trying...

It'll only affect new car sales, but the other thing in some of the states where the more regressive elected officials operate is that they're starting to go after older vehicles in trivial little ways with targeted regulation to get them off the road.
Just wait until the government tells us only self driving cars are allowed on the road. I give it 50 years max.

Forum List

Back