Nearly 20% of U.S. Population are Immigrants and their Children

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
Nearly 20% of U.S. Population are Immigrants and their Children | NumbersUSA

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses".

That quote on the Statue of Liberty was never there when the French gave it to us. It was added well into the 20th Century. Added not by a vote of the people but by a pro-immgration poet who somehow successfully lobbied to get it snuck in.

Besides, there is quite a difference between immigration over 100 years ago and now. 100 years ago there was still vast unsettled territory and absolutely no welfare state. People came here to work. Even then we kept a close eye on immigration and even passed the fair and level-headed national origins immigration act in 1925. We need that act re-instated.

The inscription on the Statue of Liberty is—poetry on a work of art—not a law or government policy of the USA.

She was never about the huddled masses.

immigration%20levels8.gif

We have been sold out by those put in government to PROTECT us LEGAL citizens. their plan is right on schedule. load our country up with people who has no desire to Assimilate or become American citizens. and when the civil war starts they will step in and SAVE US all. Of course, the only they can save us is by taking away every right we ever had protecting us and they will become our MASTERS.

In all honesty, if illegals were intelligent, good looking folks, I would not mind. But they are the opposite.

In all honesty, if illegals were intelligent, good looking folks, I would not mind. But they are the opposite.

Yeah, because charecterizing a whole group of people in easily dismissable terms hasn't ever lead to anything bad happening historically.

That quote on the Statue of Liberty was never there when the French gave it to us. It was added well into the 20th Century. Added not by a vote of the people but by a pro-immgration poet who somehow successfully lobbied to get it snuck in.

Besides, there is quite a difference between immigration over 100 years ago and now. 100 years ago there was still vast unsettled territory and absolutely no welfare state. People came here to work. Even then we kept a close eye on immigration and even passed the fair and level-headed national origins immigration act in 1925. We need that act re-instated.

The inscription on the Statue of Liberty is—poetry on a work of art—not a law or government policy of the USA.

View attachment 67110

The worst part of the poem is that the leftwing douche bags have tried to make it into an "american value." What utter horseshit. unlimited immigration has never been an American value.

View attachment 67110
Did you know during and after the great recession millennial birth rates dropped to historic lows never seen? A 15% drop. We now have 948 kids for every 1000 women.

I think this is wonderful. I think we are over populated as is. And I think poor people shouldn't have kids or should have less kids for sure. So if Americans start doing this you'll see American corporations and politicians start saying we need more immigrants to pay for the millenials who are retiring.

We have to stop this Ponzi scheme

The simple truth is that the problem Right Wingers have with immigration is that the immigrants are brown-skinned and/or have different religious beliefs. Everything else is pure spin in an attempt to deny that truth.

The simple truth is that the problem Right Wingers have with immigration is that the immigrants are brown-skinned and/or have different religious beliefs. Everything else is pure spin in an attempt to deny that truth.

The simple truth is that all left wingers are race baiting douche bags. If it wasn't for accusations of racism, what would the campaign on?

The simple truth is that all left wingers are race baiting douche bags. If it wasn't for accusations of racism, what would the campaign on?
It's your side that uses God guns and racism to get people to vote against their financial interests. Social wedge issues. The corporate media eats that shit up.

Yeah, because charecterizing a whole group of people in easily dismissable terms hasn't ever lead to anything bad happening historically.

They all (illegals) broke the law and should be booted out of OUR country never to return!

Do it the correct way and I'll be the first to congratulate you. The problem with immigration is that the Democratic party doesn't distinguish between the legal way and the illegal way as a matter a fact they seem to overwhelmingly support the wrong way to go about immigrating to this country.

And the problem you seem to continue having is not recognizing the difference between "legal" and "illegal" immigrants. There is nothing wrong with immigration so long as it's done legally. Period.

"Nearly 20% of U.S. Population are Immigrants and their Children"

Actually it’s closer to 100 percent, save that of Native Americans.

I think you better check your math. Nowhere near 100% of the population immigrated here or is first generation American.

Nearly 20% of U.S. Population are Immigrants and their Children

My mother is an immigrant and I'm her child. What's your fucking point?

I love it that my immigrant dad came here with nothing, was piss poor and now he has a half million dollars (and a pension) and his son is a VP of a fortune 500 company. Not me my brother.

But I love these anti immigrant types who don't realize their parents were once immigrants, and I also love it that these white trash immigrant haters are crying about "some immigrant" stealing their jobs. Well fact is white trash man, you couldn't do the job my brother does. If my dad never came here and he never had a son, do these white trash losers think they would have gotten the job for VP? They are kidding themselves.

We don't get to come to America as immigrants and then cry about immigrants once we get in. Actually, I too would like to stop the flow of immigrants. I think we are over populated as is. Focus on poor Americans and getting them working before you bring any more immigrants in.

They dont' want to do that because that would force wages higher. Letting illegals in keeps wages low. You'll hear the GOP change their argument as soon as trump starts building the wall. They'll start crying how we need the immigrants to do jobs Americans won't do. Then the wall will be meaningless.

View attachment 67110

Do you understand the difference between LEGAL immigration and ILLEGAL immigration? If you don't, then you have no business discussing this topic.

Forum List

Back