NBA Tonight

The Knicks are 2-1. Porzi looks pretty good. They have depth. Carmelo scored 37 last game. Knicks host the Spurs tonight.

Warriors and Clippers host dangerous opponents tonight before meeting in Oakland on Wednesday.

Dubs completely dismantled the Griz. Clips squeaked out a win. The beard got his chef hat back while Rockets took down OKC. Question. Is Westbrook the best player on OKC now?

Dubs completely dismantled the Griz. Clips squeaked out a win. The beard got his chef hat back while Rockets took down OKC. Question. Is Westbrook the best player on OKC now?
Dubs beat my pistons but still pistons off to a good start. I just want them to make the playoffs this year.

I hope the dubs repeat you know why? Because that would mean another year labron doesn't win. I just don't want him catching mj's 6. He will break all other records but I hope like Kobe he falls short.

Pistons look really good. Jackson will limit the team if he doesnt change his attitude though. He takes everything too personal and will crack under pressure.

I hope Lebron breaks MJ's record. Not this year because I want the Dubs to go back 2 back. It would be fitting that the best team player won more rings than MJ.

It's clear the Warriors and the Cavs will be back in the NBA Finals so just send me a email in June

The Warriors tied the best start to an NBA season at 15-0 and have the Lakers coming to Oakland as the next opponent. They already surpassed the record for the best start by a defending NBA champion.

On the other end, is Philadelphia the worst of all-time? 0-14, pretty sad.

Clippers and the Rockets are big under performers this season, but the Pelicans? After making the playoffs last year, I thought they would at least a .500 team.

Will Durant ever get better or is his career going to be one injury after another?

Cavs, look like the Cavs. Lebron is superman.

The Warriors tied the best start to an NBA season at 15-0 and have the Lakers coming to Oakland as the next opponent. They already surpassed the record for the best start by a defending NBA champion.

Clippers and the Rockets are big under performers this season, but the Pelicans? After making the playoffs last year, I thought they would at least a .500 team.

Will Durant ever get better or is his career going to be one injury after another?

Cavs, look like the Cavs. Lebron is superman.
The Warriors will get their first loss of the season tomorrow night.

I just don't want him catching mj's 6.
Really, that's just 5 less than Bill Russell.
That was before my time. All I remember is Magic and Bird then MJ, and MJ was the most impressive athlete I have ever witnessed. He owned that sport the 6 years he was on top. I know I have forgotten all the seasons he didn't win but that's what we do for winners. No one will remember all the years Tim Duncan didn't win a championship. They will only remember the 5 years he did.

So I can only compare young stars today to Magic who has 5, Kobe who has 5, etc. And Jordan has 6. No one better than MJ has 6 rings. Except maybe Russell but I wasn't around back then so as far as I'm concerned, it didn't happen.

And first you have to catch MJ before you start talking about Russell. I don't think anyone will ever catch Russell EVER.

Anyone who wins a nba championship in NYC will be treated like a God.
Like Willis "oh my hip hurts" Reed?
That was before my time. Do they worship him in NY? They should if he's the last person to bring them a championship. I think this is so long ago they've forgotten.

Reed's career was cut short by injuries, and he retired after the 1973–74 season, his 10th. For his career, Reed averaged 18.7 points and 12.9 rebounds per game, playing 650 games. He played in seven All-Star Games.

But he did win them 2 championships.

Worse than the '74 Cavaliers?

70-71 Cavs were worse they won 15 games that year.
72-73 Sixers only won 9 games and even though it was a strike shortened season the Bobcats only won 5 in 2010 or 2011.

Pretty bad teams but the Sixers this year are looking bad, maybe the will get it all together and get some injured players back.

Anyone who wins a nba championship in NYC will be treated like a God.
Like Willis "oh my hip hurts" Reed?
That was before my time. Do they worship him in NY? They should if he's the last person to bring them a championship. I think this is so long ago they've forgotten.

Reed's career was cut short by injuries, and he retired after the 1973–74 season, his 10th. For his career, Reed averaged 18.7 points and 12.9 rebounds per game, playing 650 games. He played in seven All-Star Games.

But he did win them 2 championships.

The 1970 Knicks made it to the finals against the Lakers. With the series tied at 2-2 Reed tore a calf muscle, I think. I know he tore a leg muscle and was out for the remainder of the playoffs. Anyway the Knicks beat LA and took a 3-2 lead, the Lakers won game 6. In game 7 Reed, in spite of the torn muscle, hobbled to start game 7, hit two baskets and inspired the Knicks to a win and a championship.

That was before my time. All I remember is Magic and Bird then MJ, and MJ was the most impressive athlete I have ever witnessed. He owned that sport the 6 years he was on top. I know I have forgotten all the seasons he didn't win but that's what we do for winners. No one will remember all the years Tim Duncan didn't win a championship. They will only remember the 5 years he did.

So I can only compare young stars today to Magic who has 5, Kobe who has 5, etc. And Jordan has 6. No one better than MJ has 6 rings. Except maybe Russell but I wasn't around back then so as far as I'm concerned, it didn't happen.

And first you have to catch MJ before you start talking about Russell. I don't think anyone will ever catch Russell EVER.

Russell has 11, Sam Jones has 10, KC Jones, Tom Snatch Sanders, John Havlicek and Tommy Heinsohn all have 8. All of them were Boston Celtics.

Robert Horry has 7 NBA titles to his name, with Los Angeles, San Antonio and Houston.

Jabbar has 6 titles.

List of NBA players with most championships - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Russell has 11, Sam Jones has 10, KC Jones, Tom Snatch Sanders, John Havlicek and Tommy Heinsohn all have 8. All of them were Boston Celtics.

Robert Horry has 7 NBA titles to his name, with Los Angeles, San Antonio and Houston.

Jabbar has 6 titles.

Yes I know but I only count from Magic & Bird moving forward and Robert Horry isn't in the conversation of being the GOAT.

So when I judge guys like Lebron and Kobe, I judge them compared to what MJ did. Or Shaq or Duncan. I'm sure they would all love to catch up to Jordan's 6 titles.

And I'm sure Shaq or Duncan would like to catch Jabbar's 6 too.

Jabbar has 6 titles.

Yes I know but I only count from Magic & Bird moving forward and Robert Horry isn't in the conversation of being the GOAT.

So when I judge guys like Lebron and Kobe, I judge them compared to what MJ did. Or Shaq or Duncan. I'm sure they would all love to catch up to Jordan's 6 titles.

And I'm sure Shaq or Duncan would like to catch Jabbar's 6 too.

Magic got all of his championships with Jabbar. How can you not count Jabbar?

Forum List

Back