NBA Tonight

I am thrilled that the Warriors won! Yay Warriors! Yay Oakland!

It was great to see excited fans in Oaklandtown celebrating without any violence and looting. We kept it classy!

Yeah same here.I am so happy for your Warriors they won.Thank God Cleveland had their second and third best players hurt cause I dont think they would have won had they not been injured the fact they were able to still take them to 6 games despite that.Lady Luck was on your side.:thup:

With the constant talk that Oakland might lose all three sports teams in the near future,there isnt a city in the country that deserved a championship more than yours..:banana:

Im glad the the owner wasnt classless and did not have the celebration in Oakland like this writer mentioned he was worried about them doing.

I think you more than anybody will be able to appreciate this article written here Boedicca.He really nailed it all in this piece.

If the warriors DO leave for san fran,I hope they suck for the next 40 years.that was why the warriors could not afford to lose this year.dont want them to have the celebration in san fran in a couple of seasons from now.OAKLAND got to have the celebration.

Cleveland will be back soon.the next time they make it that far they wont have their second and third best players hurt so they can have the championship NEXT year for all i care.
but for NOW,its OAKLANDS.:thup:

There isn't another sports town anywhere that has enjoyed more success or endured more grief from its sports tenants than Oakland, the carpetbagger capital of America.

All three -- the Warriors, Raiders and A's -- have threatened to relocate this century, but the Warriors were the quickest to act upon their threat. After Joe Lacob and Peter Guber bought the franchise in November 2010, three of their first four press conferences were held in San Francisco.

The die may have been cast for Oakland, which is all too familiar with franchise disabuse. However, environmentalists may yet block the Warriors' relocation efforts.

But where else can you find a city on this very planet where every franchise is searching for a new home elsewhere? Don't bother looking. It's just Oakland.
Dave Newhouse on NBA Finals Oakland deserves sports teams that show it respect loyalty - San Jose Mercury News

and the fact they celebrated in class like you mentioned,hopefully people will start seeing the truth that OAKLAND fans are not the trash that Raider thugs in LA are.Hopefully that false perception so many people have had of them because of the thugs in LA will start fading away now.:thup:

Thank you! I had already seen that article, and wholeheartedly agree.

I love San Francisco, and lived there quite happily for a few years. Now, I find it almost unvisitable, not to mention unlivable, for all but the incredibly rich. The streets are in constant gridlock - it's horrible.

Oakland is more spacious, has better weather, and is overall a nicer and more varied community, imo. I get very tired of seeing ignorant people trash it, and for Greedy San Franciscans try to grab everything good.

The new location for the Warriors is hideous. No decent access to public transit (feeder buses are not going to cut it). And it's smack dab in the middle of a hospital / medical zone.

The inane City Officials have a plan to limit some streets for medical facilities while others go to the arena on game days. In an already congested city, that's not going to work either.

since I dont follow basketball I dont know anything about the Warriors situation like I do with the A's and Raiders so when you say new location, is that for the one they have planned in San Fran or for one they are trying for in Oakland?

The part I liked about that article is that they are talking about a lawsuit to block their relocation if they try to move.I have to believe they will win in court as well because I just cant see them allowing a team that won a championship to ditch their city for greener pastures and if they win in court,then that bodes well to keep ALL of oakland sports teams from leaving since they are the ones that are in danger the most of the three of leaving.

speaking of san fran,I feel bad for 49er fans out there.If I had been a niner fan growing up there my whole life,I wouldnt cheer that team on anymore since they gave them the middle finger and left their city. Doesnt matter that its just 45 miles away,its not in the bay area anymore and that was the 49ers identity.the bay area.

At least when the Rams moved out of LA to Anaheim,fans in LA would still support them because they were at least still in the LA vincinity area.

The NFL is already finding out that its not going to be succcessful for the 49ers in the future in santa clara because most the fans out there are suits who dont come back to watch the game till the middle of the third quarter at halftime.lol

The diehards who stay the whole game,dont support them out there because they are angry rightfully so that they gave them the middle finger and moved completely out of the bay area,their identity.

San Francisco is the 49ers identity not Santa Clara.lol. same with the Raiders.Their identity is OAKLAND.When they moved to LA,they might as well have moved to Alaska.they weren't the Raiders anymore.the NFL is too stupid to understand this though.:rolleyes-41:

extends hand for congrats shake.:cool:

Last edited:
Hand job is sucking up to the champions like he always does.
Hand job would have been the same,maven if the Cavs would have won. He is a bandwagon fan.

It was great to see excited fans in Oaklandtown celebrating without any violence and looting. We kept it classy!

Yeah same here.I am so happy for your Warriors they won.Thank God Cleveland had their second and third best players hurt cause I dont think they would have won had they not been injured the fact they were able to still take them to 6 games despite that.Lady Luck was on your side.:thup:

With the constant talk that Oakland might lose all three sports teams in the near future,there isnt a city in the country that deserved a championship more than yours..:banana:

Im glad the the owner wasnt classless and did not have the celebration in Oakland like this writer mentioned he was worried about them doing.

I think you more than anybody will be able to appreciate this article written here Boedicca.He really nailed it all in this piece.

If the warriors DO leave for san fran,I hope they suck for the next 40 years.that was why the warriors could not afford to lose this year.dont want them to have the celebration in san fran in a couple of seasons from now.OAKLAND got to have the celebration.

Cleveland will be back soon.the next time they make it that far they wont have their second and third best players hurt so they can have the championship NEXT year for all i care.

There isn't another sports town anywhere that has enjoyed more success or endured more grief from its sports tenants than Oakland, the carpetbagger capital of America.

All three -- the Warriors, Raiders and A's -- have threatened to relocate this century, but the Warriors were the quickest to act upon their threat. After Joe Lacob and Peter Guber bought the franchise in November 2010, three of their first four press conferences were held in San Francisco.

The die may have been cast for Oakland, which is all too familiar with franchise disabuse. However, environmentalists may yet block the Warriors' relocation efforts.

But where else can you find a city on this very planet where every franchise is searching for a new home elsewhere? Don't bother looking. It's just Oakland.
Dave Newhouse on NBA Finals Oakland deserves sports teams that show it respect loyalty - San Jose Mercury News

and the fact they celebrated in class like you mentioned,hopefully people will start seeing the truth that OAKLAND fans are not the trash that Raider thugs in LA are.Hopefully that false perception so many people have had of them because of the thugs in LA will start fading away now.:thup:

I love San Francisco, and lived there quite happily for a few years. Now, I find it almost unvisitable, not to mention unlivable, for all but the incredibly rich. The streets are in constant gridlock - it's horrible.

Oakland is more spacious, has better weather, and is overall a nicer and more varied community, imo. I get very tired of seeing ignorant people trash it, and for Greedy San Franciscans try to grab everything good.

The new location for the Warriors is hideous. No decent access to public transit (feeder buses are not going to cut it). And it's smack dab in the middle of a hospital / medical zone.

The inane City Officials have a plan to limit some streets for medical facilities while others go to the arena on game days. In an already congested city, that's not going to work either.

since I dont follow basketball I dont know anything about the Warriors situation like I do with the A's and Raiders so when you say new location, is that for the one they have planned in San Fran or for one they are trying for in Oakland?

The part I liked about that article is that they are talking about a lawsuit to block their relocation if they try to move.I have to believe they will win in court as well because I just cant see them allowing a team that won a championship to ditch their city for greener pastures and if they win in court,then that bodes well to keep ALL of oakland sports teams from leaving since they are the ones that are in danger the most of the three of leaving.

speaking of san fran,I feel bad for 49er fans out there.If I had been a niner fan growing up there my whole life,I wouldnt cheer that team on anymore since they gave them the middle finger and left their city. Doesnt matter that its just 45 miles away,its not in the bay area anymore and that was the 49ers identity.the bay area.

At least when the Rams moved out of LA to Anaheim,fans in LA would still support them because they were at least still in the LA vincinity area.

The NFL is already finding out that its not going to be succcessful for the 49ers in the future in santa clara because most the fans out there are suits who dont come back to watch the game till the middle of the third quarter at halftime.lol

The diehards who stay the whole game,dont support them out there because they are angry rightfully so that they gave them the middle finger and moved completely out of the bay area,their identity.

San Francisco is the 49ers identity not Santa Clara.lol. same with the Raiders.Their identity is OAKLAND.When they moved to LA,they might as well have moved to Alaska.they weren't the Raiders anymore.the NFL is too stupid to understand this though.:rolleyes-41:

The Warriors are planning to move to Mission Bay in San Francisco - right in the middle of the UCSF expansion. It's a terrible location. They first tried for a location on the Embarcadero, but their plans block too much of the view. Saleforce.com was going to build a new HQ in the Mission Bay spot, but moved their plans to the development around the new Transbay terminal. (SFDC is building the tallest building on the west coat). So Benioff "offered" the Mission Bay spot to the Warriors, who stupidly jumped on it.

It's a TERRIBLE location.

The Warriors are planning to move to Mission Bay in San Francisco - right in the middle of the UCSF expansion. It's a terrible location. They first tried for a location on the Embarcadero, but their plans block too much of the view. Saleforce.com was going to build a new HQ in the Mission Bay spot, but moved their plans to the development around the new Transbay terminal. (SFDC is building the tallest building on the west coat). So Benioff "offered" the Mission Bay spot to the Warriors, who stupidly jumped on it.

So are they still going to be the Golden State Warriors or are they changing the name back to San Francisco Warriors?

I hope these Finals silenced all you Laker haters. We got another one under our belt. Because, after all, that's what the Warriors are............Lakers North.

They have Klay Thompson, whose father, Michael Thompson, was a Laker. And they have Jerry West. This Finals was another manifestation of the Laker Dynasty.

BTW, Lebron should have gotten MVP.

Too early for the dynasty talk, for either team. If Love wants a ring, Cleveland is his best chance. I also expect Cleveland to find another FA or two to add depth.

The Warriors were very impressive this year however they are in the Western Conference and they will have 8-9 teams loaded to challenge Golden St.

I don't see either team being a dynasty unless we're going with the lightweight version of the word, maybe.
the Chicago Blackhawks might be a dynasty but there is no basketball team right now other than the Spurs that can talk dynasty

Could this become an annual battle in the playoff finals? Vegas already has Cleveland as the favorite to win next year. Obviously, Cavs gets Love and Irving back next year.

Warriors will likely resign FA Draymond Green, and everyone else is under contract. I'm super-excited the Warriors have a draft pick for the first time in a couple of years.

Spurs are old and decrepit. OKC is getting broken up. Dubs have an opportunity to be a dynasty.

I actually lived in Oakland the last time the Warriors won the title 40 years ago, but was too young to comprehend.
Theres nothing really to keep the Dubs from going to the Finals next year. They have this experience which is more valuable than talent. They have set the new model on winning a championship with the small ball and jumpshooting coupled with great defense. First jump shooting team to win a ring.
they were the youngest team in a very long time to win the NBA championship

So are they still going to be the Golden State Warriors or are they changing the name back to San Francisco Warriors?

I have no idea, and couldn't care less. If they move, I'm done as a fan. Just as I dropped the 49ers when they moved.

The Warriors were in Philadelphia for 16 years and then in San Francisco for 9. They've been in Oakland for 44 years. Do the math.

Too early for the dynasty talk, for either team. If Love wants a ring, Cleveland is his best chance. I also expect Cleveland to find another FA or two to add depth.

The Warriors were very impressive this year however they are in the Western Conference and they will have 8-9 teams loaded to challenge Golden St.

I don't see either team being a dynasty unless we're going with the lightweight version of the word, maybe.
the Chicago Blackhawks might be a dynasty but there is no basketball team right now other than the Spurs that can talk dynasty
Spurs would be the closest but they have yet to win back to back.

Spurs would be the closest but they have yet to win back to back.
I really don't think you have to win back to back to be a dynasty not with their records. and longevity. and consistency. You know here in Detroit with those recent years where we had Rasheed Wallace Ben Wallace tayshaun Prince Chauncey Billups and Rip Hamilton? had we won in 2005 and done it back to back I would be telling you right now that that team was a dynasty. for the Spurs to have 4 championships makes them a dynasty

I hope these Finals silenced all you Laker haters. We got another one under our belt. Because, after all, that's what the Warriors are............Lakers North.

They have Klay Thompson, whose father, Michael Thompson, was a Laker. And they have Jerry West. This Finals was another manifestation of the Laker Dynasty.

Mychal Thompson played his best ball in Portland.

The Celtics were a dynasty, Jordan and the Bulls were a Dynasty.

If Lebron had of forced a game 7 I would agree with you.

The Celtics were a dynasty, Jordan and the Bulls were a Dynasty.
what about Shaq and Kobe who won three in a row?

Forum List

Back