Navy SEALs:assault charges for capturing most-wanted jihad terrorist

They aren't being charged for capturing the terrorist and shame on FOX for pretending that they are.

They are being charged with making false statements and mistreating a captive...though from the article we don't really know what they did.

The military has a code of conduct and has every right to enforce it.

And these Seals certainly know what the code of conduct is.

And how funny that this is Obama's fault...I never remember Bush being blamed for charges of military misconduct during his term.

They aren't being charged for capturing the terrorist and shame on FOX for pretending that they are.

They are being charged with making false statements and mistreating a captive...though from the article we don't really know what they did.

And how funny that this is Obama's fault...I never remember Bush being blamed for charges of military misconduct during his term.[/QUOT
E]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What?

Did Obama personally start this investigation? Did he fly down from Washington and arrest these guys, himself or something?

You people are obsessive when it comes to Obama, you know.

You also clearly don't know jackshit about how the military works.

Tell me again who the campaigner-in-chief is? I'd like to hear him tap dance his way out of this issue in a 2012 presidential debate.

yes soldiers and quasi military forces should be able to dispense justice at will as they occupy a sovereign nation..there should be no standards or protocol and lying to commanding officers and filing false reports should just be a matter of course after all these accused and suspected could be.. terrorist

When you take people in custody people, including those arresting entitities, get dinged up.

Take a look at your local jail roster mug shots if you doubt it.

What?

Did Obama personally start this investigation? Did he fly down from Washington and arrest these guys, himself or something?

Tell me again who the campaigner-in-chief is? I'd like to hear him tap dance his way out of this issue in a 2012 presidential debate.
PatekPhilippe has enlightened me regarding the why. It is unlikely that Obama ordered the arrests of the SEALs for doing their job well.

Being in command of all the military though, it seems he could order that the charges be dismissed...if he had any balls. If they're convicted, he could pardon them...if he had any balls.

But he has no balls...so...

What?

Manic-depressive more likely.

What?

PatekPhilippe has enlightened me regarding the why. It is unlikely that Obama ordered the arrests of the SEALs for doing their job well.

Being in command of all the military though, it seems he could order that the charges be dismissed...if he had any balls. If they're convicted, he could pardon them...if he had any balls.

But he has no balls...so...

....so its a campaign issue to beat him over the head with. Along with many others that I hope someone at the GOP is writing in their little black book for use at 2012.

the alleged mastermind of the murder and mutilation of four Blackwater USA security guards in Fallujah in 2004.
Is this the extent of the man's crimes? If so, how does this constitute "terrorism"?

And how funny that this is Obama's fault...I never remember Bush being blamed for charges of military misconduct during his term.

WHAt!?!?!?!

WHAt!?!?!?!
What part don't you understand?

It is well past the time for a military coup and a return of the country bavck to the people after a cleansing of the lobbiests in DC.

The poor jihadi had a bloody lip!

Yet another Which Side Is Obama On Alert: "Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist," by Rowan Scarborough for FoxNews, November 24 (thanks to Mackie):

Navy SEALs have secretly captured one of the most wanted terrorists in Iraq -- the alleged mastermind of the murder and mutilation of four Blackwater USA security guards in Fallujah in 2004. And three of the SEALs who captured him are now facing criminal charges, sources told FoxNews.com.
The three, all members of the Navy's elite commando unit, have refused non-judicial punishment -- called an admiral's mast -- and have requested a trial by court-martial.

Ahmed Hashim Abed, whom the military code-named "Objective Amber," told investigators he was punched by his captors -- and he had the bloody lip to prove it.

Now, instead of being lauded for bringing to justice a high-value target, three of the SEAL commandos, all enlisted, face assault charges and have retained lawyers.

Matthew McCabe, a Special Operations Petty Officer Second Class (SO-2), is facing three charges: dereliction of performance of duty for willfully failing to safeguard a detainee, making a false official statement, and assault.

Petty Officer Jonathan Keefe, SO-2, is facing charges of dereliction of performance of duty and making a false official statement.

Petty Officer Julio Huertas, SO-1, faces those same charges and an additional charge of impediment of an investigation.

The three SEALs will be arraigned separately on Dec. 7. Another three SEALs -- two officers and an enlisted sailor -- have been identified by investigators as witnesses but have not been charged.

FoxNews.com obtained the official handwritten statement from one of the three witnesses given on Sept. 3, hours after Abed was captured and still being held at the SEAL base at Camp Baharia. He was later taken to a cell in the U.S.-operated Green Zone in Baghdad.

The SEAL told investigators he had showered after the mission, gone to the kitchen and then decided to look in on the detainee.

"I gave the detainee a glance over and then left," the SEAL wrote. "I did not notice anything wrong with the detainee and he appeared in good health."...

Yet another Which Side Is Obama On Alert: "Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist," by Rowan Scarborough for FoxNews, November 24 (thanks to Mackie):

Navy SEALs have secretly captured one of the most wanted terrorists in Iraq -- the alleged mastermind of the murder and mutilation of four Blackwater USA security guards in Fallujah in 2004. And three of the SEALs who captured him are now facing criminal charges, sources told FoxNews.com.
The three, all members of the Navy's elite commando unit, have refused non-judicial punishment -- called an admiral's mast -- and have requested a trial by court-martial.

Ahmed Hashim Abed, whom the military code-named "Objective Amber," told investigators he was punched by his captors -- and he had the bloody lip to prove it.

Now, instead of being lauded for bringing to justice a high-value target, three of the SEAL commandos, all enlisted, face assault charges and have retained lawyers.

Matthew McCabe, a Special Operations Petty Officer Second Class (SO-2), is facing three charges: dereliction of performance of duty for willfully failing to safeguard a detainee, making a false official statement, and assault.

Petty Officer Jonathan Keefe, SO-2, is facing charges of dereliction of performance of duty and making a false official statement.

Petty Officer Julio Huertas, SO-1, faces those same charges and an additional charge of impediment of an investigation.

The three SEALs will be arraigned separately on Dec. 7. Another three SEALs -- two officers and an enlisted sailor -- have been identified by investigators as witnesses but have not been charged.

FoxNews.com obtained the official handwritten statement from one of the three witnesses given on Sept. 3, hours after Abed was captured and still being held at the SEAL base at Camp Baharia. He was later taken to a cell in the U.S.-operated Green Zone in Baghdad.

The SEAL told investigators he had showered after the mission, gone to the kitchen and then decided to look in on the detainee.

"I gave the detainee a glance over and then left," the SEAL wrote. "I did not notice anything wrong with the detainee and he appeared in good health."...

This is really sad, our troops being charged like this for being a little rough. Those terrorist pukes are lucky to be alive. Pretty soon we'll be sending our troops into the field with nothing more than a batton because guns are too violent.

It is well past the time for a military coup and a return of the country bavck to the people after a cleansing of the lobbiests in DC.

This is really sad, our troops being charged like this for being a little rough. Those terrorist pukes are lucky to be alive. Pretty soon we'll be sending our troops into the field with nothing more than a batton because guns are too violent.

there is no war..no field..there is an occupying force in a sovereign nation...

sent to secure the weapons of mass destruction..that were not there......
A lot of people thought they were there...thanks to Saddam Hussein wanting them to think they were there. They could have been there when the shit hit the fan. They could have been moved to Syria.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

sent to secure the weapons of mass destruction..that were not there......
A lot of people thought they were there...thanks to Saddam Hussein wanting them to think they were there. They could have been there when the shit hit the fan. They could have been moved to Syria.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

no the intelligence said they were not there.. weapons inspectors doubted it..the Intel was manipulated to create the illusion that a lot of people said they were there and if your illogical logic is carried through then we best invade Syria... just in case

Forum List

Back