Navy Officer Suspended for 'Anti-Semitism'

it's sad to think of all the good you might have accomplished for humanity with all the time and energy you've expended in such exclusionary activities.

it's sad to think of all the good you might have accomplished for humanity with all the time and energy you've expended in such exclusionary activities.

I'm assuming that people in you life, or the ones you have ran across in you life time hasn't done any of these things. I agree, some people don't. Maybe its a geographical area thing. My biggest surprise is that nobody on this board seems to do things like this. I didn't get all these ideas of using antique Baby Ben wind up clocks and old USA made watches, etc., etc., in order not to have to blatantly buy things made in other countries all by myself. I know people that drive older cars that are all made in the USA in order not to drive anything foreign. There are parking lots that has signs "Foreign Cars Park In Rear", and "Foreign Cars Park In Gravel, Not On Concrete". To a lot of people this is just every day life. Its not even an inconvenience any more. I do concede on one thing though. This fight to keep out foreign junk is a minority fight. But give it up? Not hardly. I'm old enough to remember the USA being a sovereign nation, not a one world order. To reverse the direction we are going in, I would gladly go back to wood burning stoves, coal oil lamps and outdoor toilets and start over.

Why do I feel as I do? Because anyone who thinks my 9 year old son should be dead because he's born a jew is dangerous and sad. That's why.

So it's OK for you to be concerned about your children on grounds of their ethnicity, but not me? If I said, "I'm opposed to those political and cultural trends that work against my white gentile daughter, including those perpetrated by Jews," you would dismiss it. So if you're having trouble understanding where anti-Semitism comes from, start by imagining how you'd feel if gentiles stopped believing in "the Holocaust" and told you you were a crazy "anti-gentile" who's dangerous and sad if you tried to convince them it happened!

So it's OK for you to be concerned about your children on grounds of their ethnicity, but not me? If I said, "I'm opposed to those political and cultural trends that work against my white gentile daughter, including those perpetrated by Jews," you would dismiss it. So if you're having trouble understanding where anti-Semitism comes from, start by imagining how you'd feel if gentiles stopped believing in "the Holocaust" and told you you were a crazy "anti-gentile" who's dangerous and sad if you tried to convince them it happened!

Awwwwwwwwwwwww.....poor racist baby isn't allowed to have the government enforce his racist crap.

Life sucks.

I know. I was speaking to the complexity of the Holocaust and teaching it to a 6 years old. I don't believe the 6 year old mind is capable of dealing with the complex issues that surrounded it.

Which makes it all the more tragic, given your comment. Those children the Nazis butchered had no clue.

On that we agree. I don't think that 6 year olds: Christian, Jewish, Muslim, atheists should be taught the holocaust. I just wish that the Palestinians agreed with in reverse.

On that we agree. I don't think that 6 year olds: Christian, Jewish, Muslim, atheists should be taught the holocaust. I just wish that the Palestinians agreed with in reverse.

Six years old should be allowed to have their fleeting childhood while it's on them. There will be time enough for complex issues.

Having said that, I am not sure, and Jillian or another person who is Jewish would have to answer, how much the Holocaust is intertwined with the religion itself.

For example, for a period of time, IIRC, one Roman emperor persecuted Christians. That really is not a part of Protestant doctrine; rather, Roman and Christian history.

Six years old should be allowed to have their fleeting childhood while it's on them. There will be time enough for complex issues.

Having said that, I am not sure, and Jillian or another person who is Jewish would have to answer, how much the Holocaust is intertwined with the religion itself.

For example, for a period of time, IIRC, one Roman emperor persecuted Christians. That really is not a part of Protestant doctrine; rather, Roman and Christian history.

every grade school child in Israel visits Yad Vashem once a year...there are regional holocaust museums dotting the countryside... Israelis used to say "Next Year in Jerusalem"...now they say, "Never again"

I have no problem with that.

I think you mean 'catholic' for Roman and Christian. My children are also 1/2 Jewish. But they have a Christian mother, so I guess they may be 'spared' given another holocaust, which looks more and more likely. Funny thing, the writing is on the wall and little is said in media.

every grade school child in Israel visits Yad Vashem once a year...there are regional holocaust museums dotting the countryside... Israelis used to say "Next Year in Jerusalem"...now they say, "Never again"

I have no problem with that.

I have no problem with it per se. It is just my opinion that a 6 years old is too young to understand all the complexities that arise in discussing the Holocaust, especially when children that age are still in the "Why?" stage as an answer to everything.

I think you mean 'catholic' for Roman and Christian. My children are also 1/2 Jewish. But they have a Christian mother, so I guess they may be 'spared' given another holocaust, which looks more and more likely. Funny thing, the writing is on the wall and little is said in media.

I'm really not much up on Catholicism. What I saw on the topic was on the History Channel where they were running down the laundry list of Roman emperors. You could very-well be correct.

I'm really not much up on Catholicism. What I saw on the topic was on the History Channel where they were running down the laundry list of Roman emperors. You could very-well be correct.

I'm just inserting, Reformation comes way after Roman Times, until then, Christian=Catholic.

*crickets chirping*

How many times and in how many threads do you think I should answer this same question?

Within the context of the thread, it would not be appropriate conduct.

Within the context of replying to your insults that clearly don't know where to draw a line, you deserve to get what you dish out.

How many times and in how many threads do you think I should answer this same question?

Within the context of the thread, it would not be appropriate conduct.

Within the context of replying to your insults that clearly don't know where to draw a line, you deserve to get what you dish out.

glock certainly does seem like a guy who can dish it out but whines like a girlieman when he has to swallow any of his own medicine.

I agree as far as six year olds go. That was why I was so annoyed at his teacher. I thought he should be allowed a little bit of innocence. Learning about that time in history changes a person's mindset. Probably similar for black children who find out about slavery, lynchings and segregation. There's no way to explain mindless hatred to a child.

As far as the Holocaust being intertwined with the religion. It isn't. It is, however, intertwined with the culture. It's difficult for it not to be. I remember being at Yad Vashem when I went to Israel. Seeing the original nuremberg laws and the designation of us as vermin (I think it was 'verminskeit' in German, though my memory might be off) was a real eye-opener.

Forum List

Back