National Security Advisor to Biden for Cyber Security says Colonial is a private company and should decide if it will pay ransom

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015

“Q Thanks. Just to clarify something: Has Colonial paid any ransom? And has there been any advice on that?

And then, secondly, is there any timeline for when Americans should be certain that this is going to be taken care of? People are getting ready — Memorial Day is not that far away, and we’re — everyone is concerned about their gas prices. What’s the timeline on when this thing is going to be under control?

MS. NEUBERGER: Absolutely. I’ll speak to the first, and then I’ll turn it to my colleague, Liz, for the second.

So, first, we recognize that victims of cyberattacks often face a very difficult situation. And they have to just balance off, in the cost-benefit, when they have no choice with regard to paying a ransom. Colonial is a private company, and we’ll defer information regarding their decision on paying a ransom to them.

Q Did you — would the administration offer any advice on whether or not to pay a ransom?

MS. NEUBERGER: So, typically, that is a private-sector decision, and the administration has not offered further advice at this time. Given the rise in ransomware, that is one area we’re definitely looking at now to say, “What should be the government’s approach to ransomware actors and to ransoms overall?”

WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF LEADERSHIP IS THIS?

IT IS A FUCKING CRIME. WE SHOULD BE WORKING WITH THE RUSSIAN GOVERNMENT TO CATCH AND PROSECUTE THE RUSSIAN GANG THAT DID THIS!

Holy Fuck. Biden is an incompetent pussy,

Last edited:
government thinks it has to get involved in every facet of our lives.

If a foreign national kidnaps a family member....Biden says it is up to you if you want to pay ransom...you are a private citizen. :auiqs.jpg:

Why did we go to war over 9/11? It was an attack by foreigners on private companies.

Stopping 5 million barrels of oil per day from going to Jersey from Texas and affecting 50% of the fuel on the east coast of the USA is simply a private company problem. :laughing0301::rofl::auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:
They are a private company and it is their decision. WTF is all the hyperventilating about? Pretending that isn't an option doesn't fool anybody. I'm pretty sure these kinds of payments go on all the time.

If a foreign national kidnaps a family member....Biden says it is up to you if you want to pay ransom...you are a private citizen. :auiqs.jpg:
If a foreign national, or anyone else, kidnaps a family member the US government better not tell me I can't pay ransom to get them back if I want to.

If a foreign national, or anyone else, kidnaps a family member the US government better not tell me I can't pay ransom to get them back if I want to.

I didnt say that. But it is a crime and LE can get involved if they are informed.

This is a matter of national security. Isnt it?

The government is acting noncommittal because it is actually going to sic the cyber warriors on the scum that did this. There will be no attempt to engage Putin in any sort of action against the cyber-criminals because they are probably following his orders. Russia only has one criminal organization we all know who the big boss is. Sometime in the near future a Russian power plant will explode or a pipeline will rupture. Everyone gets to act like it was all just happenstance. Haven't any of you people read Tom Clancy?

Leftists, pretend the Trump admin responded the exact same way.....then it would be wrong, wouldnt it? You phony fucks.

The government is acting noncommittal because it is actually going to sic the cyber warriors on the scum that did this. There will be no attempt to engage Putin in any sort of action against the cyber-criminals because they are probably following his orders. Russia only has one criminal organization we all know who the big boss is. Sometime in the near future a Russian power plant will explode or a pipeline will rupture. Everyone gets to act like it was all just happenstance. Haven't any of you people read Tom Clancy?
Sic Cyber Warriors on them? What are they going to do, shut down the hacker group’s imaginary gas pipeline?

Sic Cyber Warriors on them? What are they going to do, shut down the hacker group’s imaginary gas pipeline?
Our cyber warfare capability is formidable and entirely covert. Someone is going to pay for this. This is why we have an NSA in the first place.

9091B37B-6B41-421C-8E37-8F7C56242178.jpeg

Our cyber warfare capability is formidable and entirely covert. Someone is going to pay for this. This is why we have an NSA in the first place.
Apparently Colonial will be doing the paying.

Biden isn’t going to do jack shit about it. He and the radical left are happy the pipeline was shut down. That’s what all the wackos want anyway.

“Q Thanks. Just to clarify something: Has Colonial paid any ransom? And has there been any advice on that?

And then, secondly, is there any timeline for when Americans should be certain that this is going to be taken care of? People are getting ready — Memorial Day is not that far away, and we’re — everyone is concerned about their gas prices. What’s the timeline on when this thing is going to be under control?

MS. NEUBERGER: Absolutely. I’ll speak to the first, and then I’ll turn it to my colleague, Liz, for the second.

So, first, we recognize that victims of cyberattacks often face a very difficult situation. And they have to just balance off, in the cost-benefit, when they have no choice with regard to paying a ransom. Colonial is a private company, and we’ll defer information regarding their decision on paying a ransom to them.

Q Did you — would the administration offer any advice on whether or not to pay a ransom?

MS. NEUBERGER: So, typically, that is a private-sector decision, and the administration has not offered further advice at this time. Given the rise in ransomware, that is one area we’re definitely looking at now to say, “What should be the government’s approach to ransomware actors and to ransoms overall?”

WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF LEADERSHIP IS THIS?

IT IS A FUCKING CRIME. WE SHOULD BE WORKING WITH THE RUSSIAN GOVERNMENT TO CATCH AND PROSECUTE THE RUSSIAN GANG THAT DID THIS!

Holy Fuck. Biden is an incompetent pussy,
There's nothing in your post that implies the government is not pursuing the criminals involved.

Do you really think the government, pursuing an international hacker group is going to tell YOU what/how they are proceeding?

We warned everyone that the CI was in danger years ago.
Unfortunately, owners, more interested in this quarters profits than in the sustainability of the industry pushed the regulators to delay enforcement.
So, here we are again.
A HUGE business fails to properly defend against known threats AND will now expect the government to bail them out.
What do you suppose they'll need? $50B? $75B?
And you dicks complain about an extra couple of bucks for workers in poverty.

I didnt say that. But it is a crime and LE can get involved if they are informed.

This is a matter of national security. Isnt it?
What is it that makes you think the FBI, CIA, INTERPOL and other agencies are not involved?

The perps can hit France, Mexico, Russia (watch it Donnie) if they so choose.
There is a large international effort underway to find and stop those involved.

Funny part....

All these "small government" "conservatives" SCREECHING at the top of their lungs for a government bailout.
The irony is sweet.

This will absolutely open the floodgates for foreign cyber attacks like this one.

Way to go Biden. You are inviting the attacks like you invite illegals to cross our southern border.

Forum List

Back