National Director of Anti Defamation League Urges netenyahu To Cancel Speech

Netanyahu's speech is almost certainly guaranteed to divide Israel's previously unified support along partisan lines. I don't see how that can be helpful in any way other than providing yet one more attempt for the Republicans to scuttle negotiations in an attempt to deny Obama any sort of success. It's really gotten to the point of irrationality where the Republicans are more interested in cutting Obama down then in leading our country.

It's disgusting to see American republicans trying to harm our nation.

The bush boy and republicans screamed about Iran yet now they want Iran to keep being unmonitored with no sort of any agreement on their nuclear program.

Why would anyone vote for people who actively work against our nation that way?

It certainly proves to me that they have no problem with what Iran has been doing and don't want to stop them from developing a nuclear bomb. They just want to use Iran as a boogieman to scare people into voting for republicans and devoting more money to the military industrial complex.

The second to last thing the republicans want to do is solve any problem without war and violence.

The last thing the republicans want to do is anything that will help America and make Obama look good.
You arent the biggest idiot and ignoramus on this board only because competittion is very steep.
Obama is undermining our relationship with a close ally. He has been doing so since he took office.
President Bush to you, bytch, was concerned about Iran. Republicans want sanctions restored because Obama's strategy with them has failed miserably. Obama is the ne allowing Iran to get a nuclear bomb. His agreement with them did not dismantle a single centrifuge or retard their program n any way. But it did ease sanctions, which were working to destabilize the regime.

It's not Obama undermining the relationship.

oh yes it is. He's been horrible towards them especially with this Foreign policy. I've never seen a President be so hostile towards one of our allies. why do you think he is? I have my reasons but you probably won't like them.

Everyone I talk to is confused about what the big deal is about the speech

The "big deal" has two important points:

1.) We don't mix into the affairs of other countries when they are in the middle of an election cycle. That is standard State Department policy and has been so for a very, very long time. This means that we do not receive a foreign high-dignitary (like, a President or Prime Minister) who is actively part of the election campaign in his country during the election cycle. Our president does not visit them during this time, either. This is why the President will also not meet with Bibi if he does appear in early March. It's State Department standard procedure. Were Obama to meet with him, the very first thing that Righties would be screaming is that he is fucking over our state dept. protocols, yadayadayada.

2.) Speakers of the HOR invite foreign leaders to speak before the HOR by first consulting the WH, not by informing the WH after already having made the decision. I guarantee you, this is a breach of protocol that a Republican president down the road is really going to regret when he is confronted with a Democratic HOR. John Boehner has opened a can of worms that will never be closed again, and it's all his own damned fault.
Another thing. If it ain't in the Constitution or the Bill of Rights, it ain't shit.

National director of the Anti Defamation League, Abraham Foxman, is urging netanyahu to not give that speech to our congress.

It looks like this is going to end the way us liberals said it would. Again. It's backfiring on netanyahu. It should backfire on boehner too but the republicans hate Obama too much for him to see any consequences to his very bad choice.

Anti-Defamation League Urges Benjamin Netanyahu To Cancel Congress Speech

World leaders have addressed Congress before. The 'hate obama' bs you clowns keep pushing is a crock. Presidents have had blind followers and haters over the years.

Netanyahu's speech is almost certainly guaranteed to divide Israel's previously unified support along partisan lines. I don't see how that can be helpful in any way other than providing yet one more attempt for the Republicans to scuttle negotiations in an attempt to deny Obama any sort of success. It's really gotten to the point of irrationality where the Republicans are more interested in cutting Obama down then in leading our country.

It's disgusting to see American republicans trying to harm our nation.

The bush boy and republicans screamed about Iran yet now they want Iran to keep being unmonitored with no sort of any agreement on their nuclear program.

Why would anyone vote for people who actively work against our nation that way?

It certainly proves to me that they have no problem with what Iran has been doing and don't want to stop them from developing a nuclear bomb. They just want to use Iran as a boogieman to scare people into voting for republicans and devoting more money to the military industrial complex.

The second to last thing the republicans want to do is solve any problem without war and violence.

The last thing the republicans want to do is anything that will help America and make Obama look good.
You arent the biggest idiot and ignoramus on this board only because competittion is very steep.
Obama is undermining our relationship with a close ally. He has been doing so since he took office.
President Bush to you, bytch, was concerned about Iran. Republicans want sanctions restored because Obama's strategy with them has failed miserably. Obama is the ne allowing Iran to get a nuclear bomb. His agreement with them did not dismantle a single centrifuge or retard their program n any way. But it did ease sanctions, which were working to destabilize the regime.

It's not Obama undermining the relationship.

oh yes it is. He's been horrible towards them especially with this Foreign policy. I've never seen a President be so hostile towards one of our allies. why do you think he is? I have my reasons but you probably won't like them.

Treating Israel like our other allies is not hostile. Israel acts like spoiled child when it doesn't get every demand met. And that is not "anti-semitic".

Sure. It's time for the people in Congress to stop acting out their Terrible Twos and show support for their President in foreign affairs instead of pulling this garbage.
Congress s involved in foreign affairs because every treaty negotiated must get Senate approval. There is long precedent for Congressional involvement. And I didnt hear you condemning Pelosi for undermining Bush. That was different, right?
When did Pelosi undermine Bush and what was being negotiated?
When she visited Syria. Do you not recall this?

What was undermined?
Bush's authority.

What negotiations were ongoing that Pelosi undermined?

Forum List

Back