NASCAR Upgrading to IRS?

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
GEN 7 chassis for 2021... OMG, is it true? Only took forever to use fuel injection. Now they are going to update from the early 60's truck-based rear swing arm suspension? Single nut Alloy wheels, too? Friggin' earth shaking development!

Does that mean camber adjustments also? That may be too advanced for NASCAR. C'mon, man. It's 2020.

Kyle Busch talks rumors for NASCAR 2021: Independent rear suspensions? - Racing News

The "camber" is adjusted now. Just not with adjusters. Alloy wheels aren't really safe for a car whose static weight is 3400lbs. traveling at near 200mph and lateral forces combined with down force becomes more problematic.

I tell all you naysayers what. If you don't like NASCAR, or their rules, start your own damn series. Better yet, invent the shit you want them to run and sell it to them and show everyone just how great you really are.

The "camber" is adjusted now. Just not with adjusters. Alloy wheels aren't really safe for a car whose static weight is 3400lbs. traveling at near 200mph and lateral forces combined with down force becomes more problematic.

I tell all you naysayers what. If you don't like NASCAR, or their rules, start your own damn series. Better yet, invent the shit you want them to run and sell it to them and show everyone just how great you really are.
A 3-piece alloy is way safer than a steel wheel. Camber @ -1/8 degree is nothing.
Boring.

There is plenty of tech/innovation out there, but NASCAR won't allow and or except it. Take for instance that flat piece of shit splitter on the front. Damn near useless. 1950's tech = pigs on ice. So boring.

There is plenty of tech/innovation out there, but NASCAR won't allow and or except it. Take for instance that flat piece of shit splitter on the front. Damn near useless. 1950's tech = pigs on ice. So boring.
Like I said- start your own series.

I am like many. See it for what it is. Boring. 3 hours worth and then a f'n wreck on the last lap. Maybe it wouldn't cost so much if that didn't happen.
Don't watch it. Pretty simple. Remote control means you don't have to get up to turn it off.

You wanna watch real racing? DIRTVision.com | Welcome

39 bucks a month for up to 80 races (depending on the weather)

I am like many. See it for what it is. Boring. 3 hours worth and then a f'n wreck on the last lap. Maybe it wouldn't cost so much if that didn't happen.
Don't watch it. Pretty simple. Remote control means you don't have to get up to turn it off.

You wanna watch real racing? DIRTVision.com | Welcome

39 bucks a month for up to 80 races (depending on the weather)
"It won't turn"... Ok, now you can go under the line. Hell of a way to fix a problem.

Forum List

Back