Nasa C02 sattilite 2014

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
I just stumbled on this (don't know if this topic was covered before)

What the hell? By looking at the map the C02 hotspots are in the damn southern hemisphere..... I thought according to the man made climate change cult it had to do with us burning fossil fuels?

NASA Satellite's 1st CO2 Maps of Earth Revealed

carbon-concentration.jpg

This map, pieced together with data from NASA's Orbiting Carbon Observatory-2, shows global atmospheric carbon dioxide concentrations from Oct. 1 through Nov. 11.
CREDIT: NASA/JPL-Caltech
This past summer, NASA launched its first satellite devoted to measuring atmospheric carbon dioxide, a heat-trapping gas that is driving global warming.

Today (Dec. 18 2), scientists with the space agency unveiled the first carbon maps obtained by the spacecraft, named the Orbiting Carbon Observatory-2, or OCO-2

°Snip°

A news conference at the annual meeting of the American Geophysical Union in San Francisco, Eldering and her colleagues showed a map of the globe that uses about 600,000 data points taken by OCO-2 from Oct. 1 through Nov. 17. It shows hotspots of carbon dioxide over northern Australia, southern Africa and eastern Brazil

It's been covered and ignored by the AGWCult

Notice anything about where the CO2 is concentrated?

I can't help but think that they are having a hard time trying to spin their results. the satellite instrument has been sending down data for over a year, and no spectacular press releases!

oh, and the actual measurements of reality are distinctly different than the supercomputer models output.

The Equatorial rain forests hold the most CO2, another Warmer theory shot to fuck and back

I just stumbled on this (don't know if this topic was covered before)

What the hell? By looking at the map the C02 hotspots are in the damn southern hemisphere..... I thought according to the man made climate change cult it had to do with us burning fossil fuels?

NASA Satellite's 1st CO2 Maps of Earth Revealed

carbon-concentration.jpg

This map, pieced together with data from NASA's Orbiting Carbon Observatory-2, shows global atmospheric carbon dioxide concentrations from Oct. 1 through Nov. 11.
CREDIT: NASA/JPL-Caltech
This past summer, NASA launched its first satellite devoted to measuring atmospheric carbon dioxide, a heat-trapping gas that is driving global warming.

Today (Dec. 18 2), scientists with the space agency unveiled the first carbon maps obtained by the spacecraft, named the Orbiting Carbon Observatory-2, or OCO-2

°Snip°

A news conference at the annual meeting of the American Geophysical Union in San Francisco, Eldering and her colleagues showed a map of the globe that uses about 600,000 data points taken by OCO-2 from Oct. 1 through Nov. 17. It shows hotspots of carbon dioxide over northern Australia, southern Africa and eastern Brazil
Frank's been posting that for quite sometime in many different threads.

Thanks Frank!!!!!

I can't help but think that they are having a hard time trying to spin their results. the satellite instrument has been sending down data for over a year, and no spectacular press releases!

oh, and the actual measurements of reality are distinctly different than the supercomputer models output.

Thanks, I saw this last night and thought it was so cool.

Watch a Year's Worth of Carbon Dioxide Billow Around the Globe

A supercomputer-generated visualization from NASA and Oregon State University reveals how CO2 emissions flow around the planet over the span of one year.

Using data from NASA's Orbiting Carbon Observatory-2 (OCO-2), a newly launched remote-sensing satellite that studies CO2's global movements, the visualization shows how though the vast majority of CO2 comes from the Northern Hemisphere's industrial centers, it doesn't stay there year-round. Piggybacking on the planet's weather systems, the gases billow from continent to continent, and in the springtime, are largely absorbed by new vegetation. Once winter rolls back around, plants die, and CO2 emissions roar back.

Narrated by the research meteorologist Bill Putman, the visualization is a useful reminder that greenhouse gases don't come in silos. Earlier this month, newresearch from Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF) indicated that in 2015, CO2 emissions from the U.S. energy sector are on track to fall to their lowest levels since 1994, mostly thanks to a record number of coal plants shuttering around the country. But globally, CO2 emissions are still increasing, year after year—and regardless of where they originate, the entire planet is impacted.

Why yes, it is a model, produced from exactly the same data as that one picture of a moment in time. Only this model covers the whole year, not just one moment in time, and shows the lies being told by using that one picture.

Watch a Year's Worth of Carbon Dioxide Billow Around the Globe

A supercomputer-generated visualization from NASA and Oregon State University reveals how CO2 emissions flow around the planet over the span of one year.

Using data from NASA's Orbiting Carbon Observatory-2 (OCO-2), a newly launched remote-sensing satellite that studies CO2's global movements, the visualization shows how though the vast majority of CO2 comes from the Northern Hemisphere's industrial centers, it doesn't stay there year-round. Piggybacking on the planet's weather systems, the gases billow from continent to continent, and in the springtime, are largely absorbed by new vegetation. Once winter rolls back around, plants die, and CO2 emissions roar back.

Narrated by the research meteorologist Bill Putman, the visualization is a useful reminder that greenhouse gases don't come in silos. Earlier this month, newresearch from Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF) indicated that in 2015, CO2 emissions from the U.S. energy sector are on track to fall to their lowest levels since 1994, mostly thanks to a record number of coal plants shuttering around the country. But globally, CO2 emissions are still increasing, year after year—and regardless of where they originate, the entire planet is impacted.

Why yes, it is a model, produced from exactly the same data as that one picture of a moment in time. Only this model covers the whole year, not just one moment in time, and shows the lies being told by using that one picture.

OCO2 was launched in July 2014. Your stupid fucking fail model in the video is for 2006.

FrankieBoy, you continue to be one stupid ass. The program was created in 2006. The data ran in the program to create the model was from the OCO-2 satellite.

What the deniers aren't telling everyone here is that the date on that image isn't the whole story. It's not a snapshot of Nov. 11, it's an average of Oct 1 -- Nov 11.

News | NASA's Spaceborne Carbon Counter Maps New Details

For mid-October, the 2006 model matches observations very well. It doesn't match well for Nov. 11, which is why deniers deliberately so often misrepresent the date by pretending it's a snapshot of Nov 11.

So, chalk this up as yet another demonstration of denier dishonesty. Frank, you got some 'splainin to do. Was your attempted deception deliberate, or had you just been played for a rube again?

What the deniers aren't telling everyone here is that the date on that image isn't the whole story. It's not a snapshot of Nov. 11, it's an average of Oct 1 -- Nov 11.

News | NASA's Spaceborne Carbon Counter Maps New Details

For mid-October, the 2006 model matches observations very well. It doesn't match well for Nov. 11, which is why deniers deliberately so often misrepresent the date by pretending it's a snapshot of Nov 11.

So, chalk this up as yet another demonstration of denier dishonesty. Frank, you got some 'splainin to do. Was your attempted deception deliberate, or had you just been played for a rube again?

I encourage people to check out mamooth's claim. I have, and I think it brings mamooth's honesty into question not Frank's

I stand by my claim that they match well. I mean, you can play Ian's video to mid-October and see how well it matches the OCO-2 measurement. Maybe it was the different color scaling that confused Ian so.

Anyways, good luck trying to pass off your bogus claims to real scientists. Stuff like that certainly plays well in denierstan, but not with those who can evaluate evidence independently.

And by match well mamooth means the only thing they have in common is that they were both taken on planet Earth.

Again, the AGWCult refers to a MODEL from 2006 against actual observations from the satellite that describes a CO2 pattern that has absolutely nothing in common with the model

And by match well mamooth means the only thing they have in common is that they were both taken on planet Earth.

Again, the AGWCult refers to a MODEL from 2006 against actual observations from the satellite that describes a CO2 pattern that has absolutely nothing in common with the model
upload_2015-10-23_18-44-29.png

Their models have no predictive powers.....

Forum List

Back