Nancy's New Gambit - Scorched Earth

Independentthinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
The following is my opinion. Pelosi, Biden, and the left are now playing a new game. They will compromise down to 2 trillion dollars on the reconciliation bill and hook the plan up with a rise in the debt ceiling to avoid a national default on the debt. Moderate democrats will either have to vote on that or they will be voting to let the nation default on it's debt. There will be no negotiation from that view. Either moderates vote for it all together or they let the nation default - a scorched Earth policy.

Grandma Death Pelosi

She has a year before she is forced into retirement.

The following is my opinion. Pelosi, Biden, and the left are now playing a new game. They will compromise down to 2 trillion dollars on the reconciliation bill and hook the plan up with a rise in the debt ceiling to avoid a national default on the debt. Moderate democrats will either have to vote on that or they will be voting to let the nation default on it's debt. There will be no negotiation from that view. Either moderates vote for it all together or they let the nation default - a scorched Earth policy.
That is no more scorched earth than the republican plan of refusal to consider anything the administration is trying to do (ever), just because they are a Democrat party administration. Try again.

Fuck it. Let it collapse now while I can still see well enough and engage targets at a distance. If those assholes want their purge, fine, but I think they have far too much trust that their own praetorian guards will keep their posts if they don't simply drag these fucks out of their bunkers and hand them over to the mobs like Khaddaffi's guards did.

Grandma Death Pelosi

She has a year before she is forced into retirement.
What vile scum horror will replace her?

It's true but it's always been a democrat party strategy. We left our allies in Vietnam to be executed because democrats pulled the plug in order to blame the whole thing on Nixon. Hoards of illegals flood the U.S. every day so that democrats can dilute and alter the history and traditions of the Country.

They oppose their positions just like the left oppose ours.
They oppose yours, and you oppose theirs, neither side really looking for any middle ground. Sure, I wish both parties would work closer to find solutions, but don't now and the result is gridlock, but the republicans are the real scorched earthers of present, going back to the denial of or even considering any supreme court recommendation of the Obama administration for even hearings. It worked so well, it is their pat answer, now.

They oppose yours, and you oppose theirs, neither side really looking for any middle ground. Sure, I wish both parties would work closer to find solutions, but don't now and the result is gridlock, but the republicans are the real scorched earthers of present, going back to the denial of or even considering any supreme court recommendation of the Obama administration for even hearings. It worked so well, it is their pat answer, now.

They have been the party of no for a generation. It is what gets them elected. No is their platform.

They have been the party of no for a generation. It is what gets them elected. No is their platform.
Your timeframe is about right. It wasn't this bad in the 70s, 80s or 90s.

It's called a compromise, something Trump never tried to negotiate on the budget. All the GOP did was nullify the debt ceiling until after they were out of power.

Pelosi is a greedy extortionist

Glad your saw it with your blinders on, champ. When did the democrats ever want to negotiate anything with Trump?
I do seem to remember, "Not my president", and, "Resist" being quite popular expressions there for a while. Not exactly compromise or negotiate worthy, yes?

and then they will blame republicans for it, even though the dems OWN THIS SHIT and control everything.

Forum List

Back