Name Calling in the CDZ

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
In accordance with the posted CDZ rules, I propose that the following names be banned when referring to other posters:

Racist
Bigot

Feel free to add other derogatory terms...

Terms used appropriately in the context of CDZ should not be banned.

I understand why bigots and racists don't like being identified correctly.

Racist | Define Racist at Dictionary.com
Racist Define Racist at Dictionary.com
Racist definition, a person who believes in racism, the doctrine that a certain human race is superior to any or all others. See more.

Bigotry | Define Bigotry at Dictionary.com
Bigotry Define Bigotry at Dictionary.com
stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own. 2. the actions, beliefs, prejudices, etc., of a bigot. Origin Expand.

How about we all just act like adults ? Aren't there plenty of forums on the board where one call all the names they wants and act as childish as they want (and I admit acting childish sometimes is fun)

I'd like to see this be a blame the other guy free zone. Would make for more interesting discussions.

If we try to create a list of inappropriate terms, we just provide an incentive to come up with ever more creative invective. I vote to leave the standard as it is; treat other posters with respect.

Name calling is a simple defensive reaction by the far right conservatives, some of the social cons, and a few of the libertarians. It is a given for right wing health care industry private sector workers and anarcho-commies.

The fact is that they only have the name calling as the tide inexorably moves them into American history as anecdotal examples of personal and collective failure in our great national narrative.

I don't see Racist or Bigot as anything other than polite descriptive words . OK with me when I see this kinda name calling .

In accordance with the posted CDZ rules, I propose that the following names be banned when referring to other posters:

Racist
Bigot

The terms 'racist' and 'bigot' are not derogatory when used properly.
Here's a list a true derogatory words, so you don't get confused:
Definition of derogatory (adj)
Bing Dictionary
  • de·rog·a·to·ry
  • [ di róggə tàwree ]
disparaging: expressing criticism or a low opinion
(This definition says nothing about being truthful and honest.)
Derogatory Define Derogatory at Dictionary.com
The 100 most offensive vulgar vile slang words NSFW The Online Slang Dictionary

Initial list derogatory words 2011. Complied by Independent Scholars at the Independent Scholars Evenings June 9th.2011. ISE are sponsored by the Institute for Cultural and Healing Traditions Inc. LinkedIn
Slang words for homosexual homosexual person Urban Thesaurus The Online Slang Dictionary

If you're going to be complaining about name-calling, make sure the words are actually derogatory. Thanks!

Last edited:

Racist
Bigot

The terms 'racist' and 'bigot' are not derogatory when used properly.
Here's a list a true derogatory words, so you don't get confused:
Definition of derogatory (adj)
Bing Dictionary
  • de·rog·a·to·ry
  • [ di róggə tàwree ]
disparaging: expressing criticism or a low opinion
(This definition says nothing about being truthful and honest.)
Derogatory Define Derogatory at Dictionary.com
The 100 most offensive vulgar vile slang words NSFW The Online Slang Dictionary

Initial list derogatory words 2011. Complied by Independent Scholars at the Independent Scholars Evenings June 9th.2011. ISE are sponsored by the Institute for Cultural and Healing Traditions Inc. LinkedIn
Slang words for homosexual homosexual person Urban Thesaurus The Online Slang Dictionary

If you're going to be complaining about name-calling, make sure the words are actually derogatory. Thanks!

The terms "idiot," "imbecile" and "moron" are not derogatory when used properly. Specifically, those who have an IQ between 0 and 25 are idiots; IQs between 26 and 50 are considered imbeciles; and those who have an IQ between 51 and 70 are considered morons. Glad to know that these terms do not constitute name-calling, either. Thanks!

Name calling is a simple defensive reaction by the far right conservatives, some of the social cons, and a few of the libertarians. It is a given for right wing health care industry private sector workers and anarcho-commies.

The fact is that they only have the name calling as the tide inexorably moves them into American history as anecdotal examples of personal and collective failure in our great national narrative.
Oh yes, because only the right is guilty of name calling.

Wow, just wow.

You don't get to determine what others can and cannot say. The rules are clear - no name calling. If you are a bigot or racist then calling you out is not name calling. It is identifying reality.

I can call you whatever I want as long as it is followed by a logical and thought out argument. don't like it - don't act like a bigot.

Now about ****** - can we please get this asinine filter off particular words - we are trying to have an adult conversation on many places and a filter is the antithesis of a political debate forum....

Any filter is appropriate if the owners on this private business site think it is appropriate.

Oh yes, because only the right is guilty of name calling.

Wow, just wow.
His post just drips with hypocrisy.

The hypocrisy is that the far right refuses to recognize themselves in the window when they talk on. Rush on the radio is the perfect example of confirmation bias.

The hypocrisy is that the far right refuses to recognize themselves in the window when they talk on. Rush on the radio is the perfect example of confirmation bias.

Are you an XXXX, XXXX or XXXX?

(That is an Example of what Moderation intervention in the CDZone might
look like.. :D ---- FlaCalTenn)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a self-admitted pedant. Please feel free to call me so. I am also a philanthropic romantic....and a damn good lover. Any advertizement of those latter traits is appreciated.

Any filter is appropriate if the owners on this private business site think it is appropriate.
No it isn't. Little do you realize that this is not a singular avenue for us to express our views. If this becomes the norm here I will simply go somewhere else. Others may as well, I don't care or make decisions for them so I don't know. They have the right to do as they please as I have the right to do as I please.

the difference? THEY need us for the advertising revenue to continue coming in - we don't need them. Currently this is a genuinely good site - my favorite - for discussion and debate. Censorship will change that in a New York minute.

Forum List

Back