N.J. teacher suspended over Trump yearbook censorship

Libs are finally being taught a lesson about free speech.
Maybe we can move on to the forced baking of cakes next.
Freedom of christen beliefs? I'm good with that.

Good grief.

It's also freedom FROM christen [sic] beliefs and no, we don't need RWNJs wanting an end to the constitution. There's no place for superstition in schools.

Just calm down and go to church.

[emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
Good grief.
This country values religious beliefs. What we're seeing is a distorted interpretation of laws by liberals.

It's an under reaction. She will surely still get paid. Can her and take away any retirement and benefits she has. That's the appropriate reaction.
I don't know. She should get the retirement she earned with the years of service. Take the job of Yearbook Facilitator away from her for sure.
If she has a 401k she can keep it. No way she gets to retire as a teacher.
Teachers usually don't get paid extra to be a yearbook facilitator. She probably would have no problem with giving all that extra work to someone else.
My point is she has no business teaching. Treat her the same way they did the lady that wouldn't sign off on gay weddings. What's the difference.
Guess you don't live by the golden rule. Well I do. That could explain why we have differing opinions on this.
I did until recently. This went from golden rule to survival. You better step up and fight the battle ahead. It's past time.

I don't know. She should get the retirement she earned with the years of service. Take the job of Yearbook Facilitator away from her for sure.
Teachers usually don't get paid extra to be a yearbook facilitator. She probably would have no problem with giving all that extra work to someone else.
My point is she has no business teaching. Treat her the same way they did the lady that wouldn't sign off on gay weddings. What's the difference.
Guess you don't live by the golden rule. Well I do. That could explain why we have differing opinions on this.
I did until recently. This went from golden rule to survival. You better step up and fight the battle ahead. It's past time.

WALL, N.J. — The Wall High School teacher and adviser of the yearbook club has been suspended due to alleged censorship of images and quotes by students supporting President Trump.

Superintendent Cheryl Dyer said Monday that the teacher, who she declined to name, was suspended "pending further disciplinary action" from the school board.

On the high school's website, the yearbook club's adviser is listed as Susan Parsons. According to public records, she collected an $87,950 salary last year.

"I don't have definitive answers to all of my questions yet, but I knew enough at this point to get board approval to take that action," Dyer said.

Dyer declined to identify what disciplinary action could be taken. Termination would require the board to file tenure charges against her.

According to her LinkedIn page, Parsons has worked in the district for 15 years.

On her yearbook class's website within the district homepage, Parsons includes "photo editing" as one of the "real world skills" that students learn during yearbook production.

She did not return a call to her home seeking comment. In an interview with the New York Post, she said “we have never made any action against any political party.

But when asked if she knew who altered the photos, Parsons simply said, “I’m going to hang up.”

The students' had shirts on that said "Trump" and "Make America Great Again." The teacher took it upon herself to photoshop the pictures to take out any reference to Trump.

Here kids are finally getting interested in current events and getting their nose out of their phone. This is the first election they paid attention to and wanted their yearbook picture to memoralize their experience. It was not against the rules.

Typical censorship leftists.
Let's go to the park and watch the current production of Shakespeare's Julius Caesar!

Suspending the teacher seems to be an over reaction IMHO. Perhaps editing the pictures was not the right thing to do, but I don't think it's really harming any students. I think a simple "Don't do that again in the future" is in order.
She altered a high school yearbook. Not only should she be fired, the students should sue her. The city isn't paying her for her ignorant political beliefs.
Okay, so what! It's not like she raped or killed someone. What is the detrimental effect of doing this? Very little in my opinion. So Trump's name was removed from a shirt in a picture and a few other incidences like that. The effect that is going to have on anything that really matters is zero.
You can't have teachers injecting their personal politics into our educational system. They need to make an example out of her.

These kids have learned a valuable lesson about leftists and the indoctrination centers our schools have become. That's a lesson they won't forget.

Remember just a few short years ago when school children were trained to spout this nauseating worship of the Obidiot? Back then, it was cool. A Trump t-shirt today has to be suppressed.

These kids have learned a valuable lesson about leftists and the indoctrination centers our schools have become. That's a lesson they won't forget.

Remember just a few short years ago when school children were trained to spout this nauseating worship of the Obidiot? Back then, it was cool. A Trump t-shirt today has to be suppressed.

I have a much bigger problem with what is going on in that video than I do with the yearbook situation.

That's what the left has used. You want to fight fire with fire?

My opinion remains as stated.

WALL, N.J. — The Wall High School teacher and adviser of the yearbook club has been suspended due to alleged censorship of images and quotes by students supporting President Trump.

Superintendent Cheryl Dyer said Monday that the teacher, who she declined to name, was suspended "pending further disciplinary action" from the school board.

On the high school's website, the yearbook club's adviser is listed as Susan Parsons. According to public records, she collected an $87,950 salary last year.

"I don't have definitive answers to all of my questions yet, but I knew enough at this point to get board approval to take that action," Dyer said.

Dyer declined to identify what disciplinary action could be taken. Termination would require the board to file tenure charges against her.

According to her LinkedIn page, Parsons has worked in the district for 15 years.

On her yearbook class's website within the district homepage, Parsons includes "photo editing" as one of the "real world skills" that students learn during yearbook production.

She did not return a call to her home seeking comment. In an interview with the New York Post, she said “we have never made any action against any political party.

But when asked if she knew who altered the photos, Parsons simply said, “I’m going to hang up.”

The students' had shirts on that said "Trump" and "Make America Great Again." The teacher took it upon herself to photoshop the pictures to take out any reference to Trump.

Here kids are finally getting interested in current events and getting their nose out of their phone. This is the first election they paid attention to and wanted their yearbook picture to memoralize their experience. It was not against the rules.

Typical censorship leftists.
Let's go to the park and watch the current production of Shakespeare's Julius Caesar!

Enjoy - not my style.

My opinion remains as stated.

So not going to fight. Got it.

Life is too short to be outraged over minor stuff. I consider the yearbook thing to be minor, over and done. Obviously, there are several that disagree, but so be it.

Is changing things in a yearbook really worth firing a teacher over?

8 years ago, had a teacher modified the picture of a student who had a Hope and Change shirt on--a shirt that the student picked out to be in his/her yearbook, your head would have exploded.

But now, it's OK.

8 years ago, had a teacher modified the picture of a student who had a Hope and Change shirt on--a shirt that the student picked out to be in his/her yearbook, your head would have exploded.

But now, it's OK.

Well someone exploded due to this being Trump. People explode for no reason at all.

Forum List

Back