N.J. teacher suspended over Trump yearbook censorship

Suspending the teacher seems to be an over reaction IMHO. Perhaps editing the pictures was not the right thing to do, but I don't think it's really harming any students. I think a simple "Don't do that again in the future" is in order.
Nah... the kids were looking forward to that issue with the histolry making election on their radar. Their children will get the lesson of the most remarkable election so far in our history.

Suspending the teacher seems to be an over reaction IMHO. Perhaps editing the pictures was not the right thing to do, but I don't think it's really harming any students. I think a simple "Don't do that again in the future" is in order.
It's an under reaction. She will surely still get paid. Can her and take away any retirement and benefits she has. That's the appropriate reaction.
I don't know. She should get the retirement she earned with the years of service. Take the job of Yearbook Facilitator away from her for sure.
If she has a 401k she can keep it. No way she gets to retire as a teacher.

She altered a high school yearbook. Not only should she be fired, the students should sue her. The city isn't paying her for her ignorant political beliefs.
Actually, I believe the parents are. They want all pictures to be taken again and a new yearbook issued.
That would be an over reaction. I suspect this is more about getting their 15 minutes of fame since this has become a national story. The kids are not scared for life because of this. High school yearbooks are printed all this time with a few misspelled names and stuff like that, but life goes on. If the teacher is willing to give a public apology I think this should be filed in the life goes on categories. Don't sweat the small stuff. There are a lot more important things to make a fuss about.

Libs are finally being taught a lesson about free speech.
And I hope it continues! Now get thopse teachers that get abusive in the classroom and stop free speech when it comes to talking about immigration, politics and free speech. There's never a discourse that shouldn't be heard...let them exercise their rights given to them by the Bill of Rights and the Constitution.

What if they have to reprint the yearbooks because of this? I don't know if that will happen but I doubt it would be cheap to do so.
Reprinting the yearbooks because of this would be stupid. Not going to happen.
So was editing the pictures but that happened I think we all know by now just because something is stupid doesn't mean it won't happen.

If the teacher is indeed the culprit, then good. It's lame bullshit.

Somebody commented that, once the kid grew up and learned a thing or two, he would be grateful. At least the good little sheeple didn't get it tattooed on his face. Right wingers just aren't all that bright.

Having said that, the photo shouldn't have been changed unless there was some school policy. Suspension was an over-reaction.

And $90K a year in a high school? Wouldn't that indicate a fairly well off populace? If so, it's unlikely to be heavily right wing, tee potty, alt right trumpkins. Interesting.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

It's an under reaction. She will surely still get paid. Can her and take away any retirement and benefits she has. That's the appropriate reaction.
I don't know. She should get the retirement she earned with the years of service. Take the job of Yearbook Facilitator away from her for sure.
Teachers usually don't get paid extra to be a yearbook facilitator. She probably would have no problem with giving all that extra work to someone else.

She altered a high school yearbook. Not only should she be fired, the students should sue her. The city isn't paying her for her ignorant political beliefs.
Actually, I believe the parents are. They want all pictures to be taken again and a new yearbook issued.
That would be an over reaction. I suspect this is more about getting their 15 minutes of fame since this has become a national story. The kids are not scared for life because of this. High school yearbooks are printed all this time with a few misspelled names and stuff like that, but life goes on. If the teacher is willing to give a public apology I think this should be filed in the life goes on categories. Don't sweat the small stuff. There are a lot more important things to make a fuss about.
No there aren't? We've let far too much go thinking like that. Those kids should sue her and the school district. Think of it like a gay activist would and react the same way.

Teachers usually don't get paid extra to be a yearbook facilitator. She probably would have no problem with giving all that extra work to someone else.
They get paid extra.

My point is she has no business teaching. Treat her the same way they did the lady that wouldn't sign off on gay weddings. What's the difference.

Maybe we can move on to the forced baking of cakes next.
Freedom of christen beliefs? I'm good with that.

Good grief.

It's also freedom FROM christen [sic] beliefs and no, we don't need RWNJs wanting an end to the constitution. There's no place for superstition in schools.

Just calm down and go to church.

[emoji849]

Somebody commented that, once the kid grew up and learned a thing or two, he would be grateful. At least the good little sheeple didn't get it tattooed on his face. Right wingers just aren't all that bright.

Having said that, the photo shouldn't have been changed unless there was some school policy. Suspension was an over-reaction.

And $90K a year in a high school? Wouldn't that indicate a fairly well off populace? If so, it's unlikely to be heavily right wing, tee potty, alt right trumpkins. Interesting.

There's no guarantee these kids are going to grow up like you and go full retard. So if that's the case what are you saving them from?

They get paid extra.
Not in my neck of the woods.

Maybe we can move on to the forced baking of cakes next.
Freedom of christen beliefs? I'm good with that.

Good grief.

It's also freedom FROM christen [sic] beliefs and no, we don't need RWNJs wanting an end to the constitution. There's no place for superstition in schools.

Just calm down and go to church.

[emoji849]

Right wing Christian's wrote it.

I agree that it's lame bullshit but, like Secty Kerry said, in the US, we have the right to be stupid.

Unless there's a rule about what they could wear for the pics, the kid has the right to be stupid.

My point is she has no business teaching. Treat her the same way they did the lady that wouldn't sign off on gay weddings. What's the difference.
Guess you don't live by the golden rule. Well I do. That could explain why we have differing opinions on this.

I agree that it's lame bullshit but, like Secty Kerry said, in the US, we have the right to be stupid.

Unless there's a rule about what they could wear for the pics, the kid has the right to be stupid.

Agree with his politics or not, at least he is politically active.

Forum List

Back