Mystery of Falling Birds?

Global warming? Is the end near? You decide.
AGW? Thats funny. AGW is like einstiens theory of everything, no matter what happens you can blame it on AGW.:lol::lol:

Given the pattern of the bird and fishkills I would say its likely a result of some unusual vulcanism. SO2 would have the effects on both the birds and the fish that I've seen so far and SO2 is a precurser to a vlocanic event. Not to say that is the reason, but its the only one I've seen so far that makes any sence to all of the recent incidents.

They don't have volcanos in Arkansas.
No, but they do have the Mississippi river.

Geologically, the state of Mississippi is dominated by the Mississippi Embayment along its western side—not the Mississippi River. This is a deep trough or thin spot in the North American continent where a new ocean tried to form once upon a time, cracking the crustal plate and leaving it weakened ever since. Such a structure is also called an aulacogen ("aw-LACK-o-gen"). The Mississippi River has run down the embayment ever since.
which incidently connects to the platt river that runs through yellowstone... which also coincidently is conected to the same fault thats causing the recent earthquakes in Utah.

Mississippi Geologic Map - Geologic Maps of the 50 United States

additionally the birds that dived in italy are also in a vulcanicly active zone, and the frozen lobster and crabs washing up in GB of course are also as the midatlantic rift is the second most volcanicly active region on earth (next to the ring of fire). CDegassing of SO2 is a precursser to volcanic activity, and its the only gas that fits the bill for each of the areas thats seen these wierd things happenning, In fact in Manatoba yesterday their was another event and degassing was witnessed by inuit tribesman nearby. (the rapid degassing could also explain the frozen lobster... which, could be a boon if a volcano actually blows, fresh fully cooked frozen lobster... no processing)

BTW, i did see one site that was trying to link it to AGW (no surprise there), something about the greenland ice sheet sliding into the ocean and the NADWC stalling. They however failed to explain how two things that haven't happenned yet would effect things that have. Which is also not surprising since its the same backward assed thinking the AGW high preists use to butress the mythos of thier church.

Last edited:
AGW? Thats funny. AGW is like einstiens theory of everything, no matter what happens you can blame it on AGW.:lol::lol:

Given the pattern of the bird and fishkills I would say its likely a result of some unusual vulcanism. SO2 would have the effects on both the birds and the fish that I've seen so far and SO2 is a precurser to a vlocanic event. Not to say that is the reason, but its the only one I've seen so far that makes any sence to all of the recent incidents.

Geologically, the state of Mississippi is dominated by the Mississippi Embayment along its western side—not the Mississippi River. This is a deep trough or thin spot in the North American continent where a new ocean tried to form once upon a time, cracking the crustal plate and leaving it weakened ever since. Such a structure is also called an aulacogen ("aw-LACK-o-gen"). The Mississippi River has run down the embayment ever since.
which incidently connects to the platt river that runs through yellowstone... which also coincidently is conected to the same fault thats causing the recent earthquakes in Utah.

additionally the birds that dived in italy are also in a vulcanicly active zone, and the frozen lobster and crabs washing up in GB of course are also as the midatlantic rift is the second most volcanicly active region on earth (next to the ring of fire). CDegassing of SO2 is a precursser to volcanic activity, and its the only gas that fits the bill for each of the areas thats seen these wierd things happenning, In fact in Manatoba yesterday their was another event and degassing was witnessed by inuit tribesman nearby. (the rapid degassing could also explain the frozen lobster... which, could be a boon if a volcano actually blows, fresh fully cooked frozen lobster... no processing)[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Ok, this is an interesting theory.

additionally the birds that dived in italy are also in a vulcanicly active zone, and the frozen lobster and crabs washing up in GB of course are also as the midatlantic rift is the second most volcanicly active region on earth (next to the ring of fire). CDegassing of SO2 is a precursser to volcanic activity, and its the only gas that fits the bill for each of the areas thats seen these wierd things happenning, In fact in Manatoba yesterday their was another event and degassing was witnessed by inuit tribesman nearby. (the rapid degassing could also explain the frozen lobster... which, could be a boon if a volcano actually blows, fresh fully cooked frozen lobster... no processing)[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Ok, this is an interesting theory.
To be sure, it was checked last night and the yellowstone culdera magma chamber stuff is off line too. Seems a bit wierd and I know it connects a lot of dots... but they do connect and I can't think of anything else that wouold cause widespread instances of birds and fish suffocating... which is whats killing them. The common thread seems to be its happenning in areas where there could be some degassing events going on and the gass that would be degassed prior to a volcanic activity contains a lot of SO2.

Yes big Reb, I saw on the news last night about the polar shift taking place....and we know birds use the magnetic field for travel.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxDFR5lKCNE&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:
My initial thoughts were a little more wierd and had to do with the dispersannt used in the oil spill causeing some competition for environment between oilo eating microbes and plankton. Plankton is the largest contributor to SO2 in the atmosphere and a large scale die off...

I was disuaded from that line of thought by a geologist who pointed out that all of the areas involved were potential sites for degassing and the fact that the first theory couldn't explain either the frozen lobster or the events south of the gulf stream. Not to mention I don;t think that much SO2 could be degassed from the ocean that quickly even in the event of a mass die off of plankton. The Manatoba story iced it for me, and thats where I'm leaning now.

It's more believeablke that the government had killed John Wheeler than it is to think that something that has been done for years every years shooting off fireworks caused the deaths of birds worlkd wide.

So, you don't have any reason that birds are flying at night, huh.....

a firework falling into their roost would cause them to fly.

This must be the first year that we have ever had fireworks display. I doubt we will ever have them again as a nation. I guess the birds at Beebe were spooked by the fireworks world wide. However if thats what you will accept as an answer go for it, eat it up. As for me anything but that is a more logical explaination. How would you explain the mass fish kill in the same state?

You realise we are talking about two different animals, right?

birds =/= fish....

The birds in Beebe were spooked by fireworks. My theory is that once spooked, a lead black bird flew from his roost, cackeling something about "Hope and Change," and the whole flock flew after him. Soon they realised that neither their leader or they could see in the dark, but it was too late; they'd already been flown into the ground.

So, you don't have any reason that birds are flying at night, huh.....

a firework falling into their roost would cause them to fly.

This must be the first year that we have ever had fireworks display. I doubt we will ever have them again as a nation. I guess the birds at Beebe were spooked by the fireworks world wide. However if thats what you will accept as an answer go for it, eat it up. As for me anything but that is a more logical explaination. How would you explain the mass fish kill in the same state?

birds =/= fish....

The birds in Beebe were spooked by fireworks. My theory is that once spooked, a lead black bird flew from his roost, cackeling something about "Hope and Change," and the whole flock flew after him. Soon they realised that neither their leader or they could see in the dark, but it was too late; they'd already been flown into the ground.

Why did the fireworks only spook one spieces of bird? And yes there was also a mass fish kill in the same state around the same time. The fireworks cannot be used to explain that

birds =/= fish....

Why did the fireworks only spook one spieces of bird? And yes there was also a mass fish kill in the same state around the same time. The fireworks cannot be used to explain that

The fireworks spooked a large flock of starlings and blackbirds. Maybe they were the only birds spooked; maybe there were other birds spooked, but they didn't follow the flock of blackbirds and starlings

I'm certain all sorts of animals in AR died on New Years Day: doesn't mean they all died from the same "mysterious" cause.

Published: January 8, 2011

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/09/weekinreview/09gorman.html

When 5,000 red-winged blackbirds fell dead on New Year’s Eve in Arkansas, and 500 more in Louisiana, many people immediately looked for a villain. There was speculation about military tests and pesticides, and a lot of wondering whether the bird deaths and other incidents, including the mass deaths of fish, were linked.

Even very plausible explanations did not allay the suspicion that something sinister must be going on. Why? Because we’re human. Our minds have evolved to look for patterns, and causative agents. In fact, some thinkers argue that this turn of mind, which evolved as a survival mechanism, ended up predisposing humans to believe in a deity, because when we can’t find a natural cause for an apparent pattern or event, we posit a supernatural one. Certainly it predisposed us to look for an interesting culprit for the bird die-offs.

What really did in the birds?

Melanie Driscoll, a biologist and director of bird conservation for the Gulf of Mexico and Mississippi Flyway for the National Audubon Society, said preliminary tests showed no evidence of viral or bacterial disease, toxins or poisons, but there were reasonable explanations.

“In Arkansas, we have eyewitness accounts that professional-grade fireworks were set off in a town near a known blackbird roost,” she said, “and that birds flushed from the roost and flew in a single direction at lower levels than they would normally fly. We know that they cannot see well in the dark and we know they were seen crashing into buildings and cars and poles. Necropsies show blunt force trauma to brain and breast.”

As for the hundreds of red-winged blackbirds found dead in Pointe Coupee Parish, La., a few hundred miles from the Arkansas die-off site, they were found along rural roads under power lines, which are thin and difficult to see at night. The theory is that those birds were also spooked by holiday fireworks, and ran into the lines.

It’s worth keeping in mind just how many birds there are when thinking about so-called mass die-offs. “Five billion birds die in the U.S. every year,” Ms. Driscoll said, “so statistically some have to die at the same time.” The population of red-winged blackbirds is more than 200 million, she said, and they fly in flocks of 100,000 to 2 million. “So 5,000 sounds like a lot of birds, but really it is a relative number.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/09/weekinreview/09gorman.html

seriously samson... the fireworks makes no sense when they are showing up dead throughout the world....

Tennessee and in Italy yesterday....with turtle doves and they ALL had a blue substance/coloring in their beaks.

this happened back in 2007 also, 4000 fell from sky in western australia, some in austin texas too....

they never told us why, they couldn't determine it....as far as i know....

seriously samson... the fireworks makes no sense when they are showing up dead throughout the world....

Tennessee and in Italy yesterday....with turtle doves and they ALL had a blue substance/coloring in their beaks.

this happened back in 2007 also, 4000 fell from sky in western australia, some in austin texas too....

All the experts are shrugging these events off as circumstantial coincidences and massive flock die-offs have always occurred, so without some positive lab results I have a harder time believing it is anything other than that...

birds =/= fish....

The fireworks spooked a large flock of starlings and blackbirds. Maybe they were the only birds spooked; maybe there were other birds spooked, but they didn't follow the flock of blackbirds and starlings

I'm certain all sorts of animals in AR died on New Years Day: doesn't mean they all died from the same "mysterious" cause.

How much do ou go into the woods, or how many nature show have you ever watched? Animals when they become spooked everyone of them will scatter. They are not like humans some get excited and run some stay an investigate.

I'm certain all sorts of animals in AR died on New Years Day: doesn't mean they all died from the same "mysterious" cause

If the fireworks caused the death of the birds how does it explain the mass death of fish 100 miles away a day before the mass deah at Beebe? 80,000 to 100,000 were killed in the Arkansa river.

All the experts are shrugging these events off as circumstantial coincidences and massive flock die-offs have always occurred, so without some positive lab results I have a harder time believing it is anything other than that...

Afterreading his reply a second time think he was joking notice the hope and change comment which I over looked the first time. Damn you Samson:eusa_whistle:

i wonder if they have statistics to show us that can support this? Like can they show us the occurrences of such massive bird deaths over the last 2 decades, and the trend of such, that shows us that these deaths are not increasing over this time period?

They probably have these figures, otherwise how could they state it is not abnormal...? i sure wish they would release them, so the math nuts like me could review them....!

i wonder if they have statistics to show us that can support this? Like can they show us the occurrences of such massive bird deaths over the last 2 decades, and the trend of such, that shows us that these deaths are not increasing over this time period?

They probably have these figures, otherwise how could they state it is not abnormal...? i sure wish they would release them, so the math nuts like me could review them....!

"Aflockalypse," as the Washington Post and other news outlets are calling the bird die offs, can now be studied, along with the other animal deaths, online at the single Google webpage.

Mass Animal Deaths Tracked by Google Maps

The recent mass deaths of birds, fish, crabs, manatees, penguins and other animals are now being tracked by Google Maps.

Mass Animal Deaths - Google Maps

SEE ALSO: Birds Falling From the Sky Not Unusual

The events appear to all date from December 2010 to the present -- likely a choice of the map's creators, since previous events could have also been documented. The majority of the events are shown to have occurred in the United States, but the map also charts the following:

* "100 tons of fish" dead in South America
* "Hundreds of snapper" perished in New Zealand
* "Thousands of fish" were found floating dead in the Philippines
* "150 tons of red tilapias" died in Thailand
* "Scores of dead fish" in Haiti
* 50-100 Jackdaws dead in Norway
* Over 300 doves dead in Italy

and several more.
Mass Animal Deaths Tracked by Google Maps : Discovery News

Forum List

Back