Myopia in the extreme

vision-test-normal-vision-people-will-see-albert-einstein-in-4395120.png

Having had several conversations with Trump supporters, it's becoming clear to me that the only worthy item of note with the current protests is the violence.

When I point out that it goes deeper, they fall back only as far as the cop and Floyd. When I point out that it still goes deeper, they don't seem to understand.

Are there any Trump supporters who detect a bigger picture than this? Maybe one that goes back a ways? Is the only issue you're seeing here the violence?

If I tell you it goes much deeper than this, what do you suppose I mean?

The violence and the standard lefty "solutions" to all the issues they bring up outweighs any desire I see for actual dialogue.

Hell, to me this isn't asking for a conversation on the bigger issues, it's asking us to shut the fuck up and do what we are told to do.

The fact that this is happening due to an event in a city that has been controlled by Democrats FOR DECADES just adds to my skepticism over the true objectives of those pushing for us to look at the "bigger picture"
Kinda like an arsonist asking us to meet with him to discuss how to stop arson in a city that he burned down.

Solution is to throw his ass in jail at the meeting ............LOL

I have driven past 125th St and Powell jr blvd twice this week, dead in the center of Harlem. The government square is full of protesters, ACTUAL protesters, peacefully ranting about whatever they want to rant. Cops stationed at the intersection in groups of 10 or so, just watching.

If everything was like that, I would have no issue.
Neither would I..........but the violence has gone too far.......and they do this every election.

EVERY ELECTION.

Having had several conversations with Trump supporters, it's becoming clear to me that the only worthy item of note with the current protests is the violence.

When I point out that it goes deeper, they fall back only as far as the cop and Floyd. When I point out that it still goes deeper, they don't seem to understand.

Are there any Trump supporters who detect a bigger picture than this? Maybe one that goes back a ways? Is the only issue you're seeing here the violence?

You mean the 3 Black neighbors near me experiencing an economic boom?

They aren't gonna get it. Hate is a shallow emotion for shallow people.
LOL

From the party burning the country to the ground...........worked well last election didn't it........

You better pray that you get mail in votes..........most in this country know who is doing this shit............

You need to find a better way to cheat.........always bitching about how we try to stop your votes and having to be sued to UPDATE VOTER ROLLS........Imagine that....

They you go we don't cheat............You guys need to sell that drug to the uninformed..........Doesn't work here.
Thank you. You've proven the point of the thread far better than either I or the OP could have.

You help is greatly appreciated.
This happens all the time. I make a point, and they jump in to illustrate it for me.

I just toss the softballs up in the air, and they whack 'em over the fence for me.

Always amazing to watch.

Always conducting research of the human mind...haha
Always displaying your superiority
Always begging for recognition of your self proclaimed brilliance
Haha...you are one strange motherfucker. Poor guy

The bigger picture is that our media seizes upon any incident involving whites mistreating blacks while dismissing the much greater prevalence of blacks mistreating whites. Make no mistake, this was a horrific event and the cop is guilty as hell, but the real issue is the selective narrative our media is selling us so as to manipulate people towards a certain point of view.

Enlighten us old wise one.
Tell us how the Kardashian whores have programmed you to ignore all the facts and data and pretend Blacks are an asset to American society?
Go ahead, we’re standing by.

The bigger picture is that our media seizes upon any incident involving whites mistreating blacks while dismissing the much greater prevalence of blacks mistreating whites. Make no mistake, this was a horrific event and the cop is guilty as hell, but the real issue is the selective narrative our media is selling us so as to manipulate people towards a certain point of view.
Seriously?

Enlighten us old wise one.
Tell us how the Kardashian whores have programmed you to ignore all the facts and data and pretend Blacks are an asset to American society?
Go ahead, we’re standing by.
They're all horrible, that's for sure. So let's get down to details, shall we?

What do you propose? How do you advance your White Nationalism as quickly as possible?

Last edited:

They aren't gonna get it. Hate is a shallow emotion for shallow people.
LOL

From the party burning the country to the ground...........worked well last election didn't it........

You better pray that you get mail in votes..........most in this country know who is doing this shit............

You need to find a better way to cheat.........always bitching about how we try to stop your votes and having to be sued to UPDATE VOTER ROLLS........Imagine that....

They you go we don't cheat............You guys need to sell that drug to the uninformed..........Doesn't work here.
Thank you. You've proven the point of the thread far better than either I or the OP could have.

You help is greatly appreciated.
This happens all the time. I make a point, and they jump in to illustrate it for me.

I just toss the softballs up in the air, and they whack 'em over the fence for me.

Always amazing to watch.

Always conducting research of the human mind...haha
Always displaying your superiority
Always begging for recognition of your self proclaimed brilliance
Haha...you are one strange motherfucker. Poor guy
Yep, you folks are the little, wet, wormy things wiggling around in my online Petri dish.

Poke, observe, poke, observe. Flush.

If you don't like that, tough shit. Stop hopping into the Petri dish.

Seriously?
I sure do miss the old Mac1958. He was much more analytical, fair minded and independent than this new hackish one.

Seriously?
I sure do miss the old Mac1958. He was much more analytical, fair minded and independent than this new hackish one.
Is that a yes?

Do these problems go deeper than these protests? Sure. Were otherwise peaceful protests hijacked by other groups with a completely unrelated agenda? Very likely.

None of that means we should be defunding the police or make sweeping changes without proper process or analysis, which is what this round of protests has somehow morphed into.

Policy via hashtag, which is what we are looking at right now, is not only the dumbest thing I have ever seen, (amazingly vaulting over protracted lockdowns in a matter of weeks), it may well be the most dangerous.

I think it is very unfortunate that these protests were hijacked by violence, but they were, and on a massive scale. We cannot ignore or dismiss that fact as a part of the discourse here, as some deflection tactic or otherwise. The reality is that these people have now been shown that this is an effective tactic, so it is a very valid part of the conversation here. It spread across the country causing likely billions of dollars in damage and was used as a tactic that is now being legitimized by people in the media and elsewhere defending it as a legitimate process for grievance and redress. It is not. That legitimization is flat dangerous.

Concessions in the face of violence only beget more violence. We know this as a nation and learned this lesson years ago. What we are doing right now, in conceding to these demands without any sort of proper discourse or process is myopic as well, IMO.

We know there are bad apples in police departments. We know we can identify them. That is the route that should be taken, not this route of throwing the baby out with the bathwater because something trended on twitter and people looted and burned stuff and we feel pressured to give them some high-profile reward for all of this. Bad call for several reasons. Horrible, awful, bad, bad call.

Seriously?
Piously decries "wingers" just before acting exactly like the very worst of them.

You mean the 3 Black neighbors near me experiencing an economic boom?
Hey, that's a great point -- Those three black neighbors of yours means that all Black Americans are feeling safe, prosperous and accepted.

Good gawd.
As long as they're not in Chicago.
I'm sure you drive through after dark Hoods all the time.

Actually, my mistake, I meant 3 Black neighborhoods...
Hempstead, NY
Uniondale, NY
Roosevelt, NY

Forum List

Back