My wife was in the kitchen getting pickled today

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
It's been a good years cukes. She put up 11 quart jars of dill pickles, after we bought a huge bouquet of fresh dill from an Amish market last weekend.

pickles1.jpg

pickles2.jpg

pickles3.jpg

pickles4.jpg

pickles5.jpg

pickles6.jpg

pickles7.jpg

It's been a good years cukes. She put up 11 quart jars of dill pickles, after we bought a huge bouquet of fresh dill from an Amish market last weekend.

View attachment 810198
View attachment 810199
View attachment 810200
View attachment 810201
View attachment 810202
View attachment 810203
View attachment 810204

Yum!

When we were tweens, my cousin and I would sneak into the pantry and steal a jar of dill or sweet pickles my aunt put up. Then we'd run upstairs to her room real quick like bunnies on crack and snarf them while watching Creature Feature or some other thing we weren't supposed to be watching.

Good times...

Yum!

When we were tweens, my cousin and I would sneak into the pantry and steal a jar of dill or sweet pickles my aunt put up. Then we'd run upstairs to her room real quick like bunnies on crack and snarf them while watching Creature Feature or some other thing we weren't supposed to be watching.

Good times...

When the kids would come in after playing.....other kids would ask their moms for cookies, mine always asked for pickles. I had no problem with that

And what , precisely , was your contribution Cheerleader Mr Galt?

I remember getting fresh pickles from the pickle guy in NY and NJ. We could buy them by the barrel or bucket. The half sours were the best and most popular. Good stuff!

That looks so good. 👍

Now I want to pickle some bologna.

Never tried that before, but those pickled hot sausages they used to have a jar of in bars are pretty good. Pickled carp is good too. There's an old man that used to have a garage sale here. He use to sell jars of it that he made, it had a sweet and sour taste.

Never tried that before, but those pickled hot sausages they used to have a jar of in bars are pretty good. Pickled carp is good too. There's an old man that used to have a garage sale here. He use to sell jars of it that he made, it had a sweet and sour taste.
Mrs MOe is from Michigan and pickled bologna is a big thing there. We just make it and keep it in the fridge.

Recipe here...

Forum List

Back