My wife says she’d welcome legislation that would forbid women from voting.

Yea thats bs.

Neither Biden nor Clinton would be out there spreading Trump's magical thinking and telling America how this virus is no worse than flu, how it will disapear any day now, how we should go pack churches on Easter and how unproven drugs like HCQ are the solution and how Covid-19 now has a cure (yea he actually said that after his stint at Walter Reed)

They would be supporting mask wearing instead of politicizing it. They would support CDC guidelines. They would formulate and fund a coherent national plan for shutting down severe hotspots and then RESPONSIBLY re-open so that we can STAY open through the well predicted second wave.

Do you really think we would have one less case or one less death if Trump didn't try to give us hope and reassurance? Republicans and Independents are not like Democrats. We don't all think alike and believe everything we hear or read. If somebody wants to go to church, they will. My 86 year old mother does it today. Our state has had mask mandates for a couple of months, promotion of social distancing, washing and sanitizing hands, and guess what? We are having more problems today since this thing started.

I really think our death toll would be much lower and our economy in better shape by now if we didn't have a science flaunting, public misleading, no-plan assclown in the White House.

A good leader would unite and rally us to meet this historic challenge, Trump missed a huge opportunity at greatness, he didn't have it in him, not even a little bit. His ultimate prize for that is getting rejected by Americans at the ballot box.

Our state has had mask mandates for a couple of months, promotion of social distancing, washing and sanitizing hands, and guess what? We are having more problems today since this thing started.

Well you say that, but then people are doing this at a Trump rally:

Several thousand people stood-- and sat -- shoulder-to-shoulder in Circleville Saturday.

Few were wearing masks.

This is from just two weeks ago in Ohio.

I really think our death toll would be much lower and our economy in better shape by now if we didn't have a science flaunting, public misleading, no-plan assclown in the White House.

A good leader would unite and rally us to meet this historic challenge, Trump missed a huge opportunity at greatness, he didn't have it in him, not even a little bit. His ultimate prize for that is getting rejected by Americans at the ballot box.

We don't really know that until it's looked into. A lot of suspicious stuff going on in this election. So what did you want Trump to do that would have changed the outcome? Because no matter what you say, I'll be able to point states out that exercised your plan and show you it didn't change anything. Hell, use mine for example. Europe is having problems, Republican states are having problems, purple states are having problems, and blue states are having problems.

Trump told people to wear masks on several occasions. Trump allowed Drs Fauci and Birx to speak freely to the people. He did follow CDC guidelines within the constrains of the US Constitution. For a while he had daily press briefings to address the media and country. There was nothing more he could do.

We don't really know that until it's looked into. A lot of suspicious stuff going on in this election. So what did you want Trump to do that would have changed the outcome? Because no matter what you say, I'll be able to point states out that exercised your plan and show you it didn't change anything. Hell, use mine for example. Europe is having problems, Republican states are having problems, purple states are having problems, and blue states are having problems.

Trump told people to wear masks on several occasions. Trump allowed Drs Fauci and Birx to speak freely to the people. He did follow CDC guidelines within the constrains of the US Constitution. For a while he had daily press briefings to address the media and country. There was nothing more he could do.

I already told you what he could have done.

Him leveling with Americans on the coronovirus dangers would help.
Support and full throated promotion for mask wearing consistent with his CDC recondations from as far back as April would have gone a long way.
Him requiring masks at his packed to hilt rallies would have helped, though probably a bit less than simply not holding them in covid hotspots.
Developing national standards and a plan for closing, supporting and re-opening of various bussiness types and institutions would have helped.

There was a lot he could have done. We would still have cases, we would still have deaths, but we could have had some of best results when it came to dealing with this pandemic among developed countries, not the worst.

Last edited:
Him leveling with Americans on the coronovirus dangers would help.

He passed along all information from the CDC and Dr Fauci and Birx. Need the video, just ask.

Support and full throated promotion for mask wearing consistent with his CDC recondations from as far back as April would have gone a long way.

He did.

Him requiring masks at his packed to hilt rallies would have helped, though probably a bit less than simply not holding them in covid hotspots.

And that would have stopped 240,000 deaths or any illnesses?

Developing national standards and a plan for closing, supporting and re-opening of various bussiness types and institutions would have helped.

The President doesn't have that kind of authority. Didn't you read my link of the PA judge ruling shutdowns were unconstitutional?

There was a lot he could have done. We would still have cases, we would still have deaths, but we could have had some of best results when it came to dealing with this pandemic among developed countries, not the worst.

We are not the worst. We rank 8th in deaths from Covid.

Forum List

Back