My thread should not have been closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one - Study Guide: The Twelve Basic American Principles

There was no rule broken so far as I can see. I read the rules before I posted the thread. I think that the mod was very short sighted in her assessment. Or just pushing her weight around to demonstrate herself. I think the latter is likely, though, given the tone of her post upon closing the thread. I merely posted links to web pages. I also briefly credited one of the author's statements. Not only that, the post contained links from several different sources in a broad range of relative facts.

What rule, specifically, did I break? Explain, please.

Thanks.
Cool avi tho....

Natural Citizen

Might I suggest the RULES be reread?
USMB Rules and Guidelines

• No Discussing infractions, bans, banned members, or specific moderator actions or duties on the open boards.
  • Copyright. Link Each "Copy & Paste" to It's Source. Only paste a small to medium section of the material.
I do believe you pasted more than just a small to medium section in the thread I closed. Understand now?

This one - Study Guide: The Twelve Basic American Principles

There was no rule broken so far as I can see. I read the rules before I posted the thread. I think that the mod was very short sighted in her assessment. Or just pushing her weight around to demonstrate herself. I think the latter is likely, though, given the tone of her post upon closing the thread. I merely posted links to web pages. I also briefly credited one of the author's statements. Not only that, the post contained links from several different sources in a broad range of relative facts.

What rule, specifically, did I break? Explain, please.

Thanks.

I have a PM opened with you. I think it was mostly the huge SCOPE of the Study Guide and not really a copyright issue. I'm assuming you compiled those links and you complied with the rule to include "personal content" in the Opening Post. As we discussed in private -- it's a discussion not a bulletin board. And you're welcome to chose one or TWO of those "lessons" and frame them into more succinct and focused discussions.

Welcome. Enjoy the Boards..

So I'm gonna close this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back