My Tea Party Brother VERY Unhappy Today

He was hoping that poor and minority people would lose their ability to vote.

Supreme Court upholds 'one person, one vote'

"""WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court refused Monday to change the way state and municipal voting districts are drawn, denying an effort by conservatives that could have increased the number of rural, mostly white districts at the expense of urban, largely Hispanic ones.

The "one person, one vote" case was among the most consequential of the high court's term, and once again the court's liberal wing won out. The ruling left intact Texas' method of drawing districts with roughly equal numbers of residents.

Challengers had argued only eligible voters should be counted, a method that would have allowed states to ignore non-citizens and others who do not vote, including children. In most cases, that would have helped Republicans and hurt Democrats.

If the court had ruled that districts should be based on eligible voters rather than total population, states with large numbers of non-citizens would have seen the biggest change -- Texas, California, New York, New Jersey, Arizona and Nevada among them. Cities such as Chicago and Miami also would be affected."""

Republicans have really given up on American democracy. I mean holly shit they have just thrown it in the trash. They will do anything they can to try to win elections by cheating.

"""WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court refused Monday to change the way state and municipal voting districts are drawn, denying an effort by conservatives that could have increased the number of rural, mostly white districts at the expense of urban, largely Hispanic ones.

The "one person, one vote" case was among the most consequential of the high court's term, and once again the court's liberal wing won out. The ruling left intact Texas' method of drawing districts with roughly equal numbers of residents.

Challengers had argued only eligible voters should be counted, a method that would have allowed states to ignore non-citizens and others who do not vote, including children. In most cases, that would have helped Republicans and hurt Democrats.

If the court had ruled that districts should be based on eligible voters rather than total population, states with large numbers of non-citizens would have seen the biggest change -- Texas, California, New York, New Jersey, Arizona and Nevada among them. Cities such as Chicago and Miami also would be affected."""

Republicans have really given up on American democracy. I mean holly shit they have just thrown it in the trash. They will do anything they can to try to win elections by cheating.

It's actually worse than just wanting to diminish the minority vote. The deeper intentions were to deny the vote to anyone who did not own property or pay taxes. That's what my brother said a few years ago when this got started. He's a big, big Tea Party guy.

Lol, your 'Tea Party' brother lives in your head, most likely, and not in the reality the rest of us live in.

So a county that recruits several large privately managed penal institutions that have nonvoting populations can and should, in your opinion, have more representation than actual voting residents?

My Gawd, you libtards have lost your fucking minds.

Since convicts in prison can't vote, what does it matter? My brother and his fellow Tea Partiers got all the way to the SCOTUS with their case. Have you ever pulled anything like THAT out of your sizable ass?

Still playing with your imaginary friends, huh?

As to why the convicts matter, stupid retard jack ass heathen, is that they GET A SMALLER CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT. Where do you think they build most of the private prisons, dip shit? In RURAL AREAS. Thus doing exactly what you said this court decision would not do.

GAWDAM, you libtards are a special kind of blithering idiot.
If you don't like private prisons and so many gd people in prison, stop voting GOP. Everyone should be able to vote. GOP hater dupes!

It's actually worse than just wanting to diminish the minority vote. The deeper intentions were to deny the vote to anyone who did not own property or pay taxes. That's what my brother said a few years ago when this got started. He's a big, big Tea Party guy.

They are pathalogical because they see the demographic writing on the wall. The Republican party will soon not be able, by sheer number, to win national elections. The game is almost over.

They either have to change and accept the changes in American society and embrace women, gays, and immigrants, or they will be relegated to permanent minority status politically.

This is in fact why the Republican party is about to blow apart and form two or three other parties. The establishment or 'monied' core will remain, like a burned out cinder of an exploding super nova. The new social issue party that actually believes abortion is evil and Christianity should dominate other religions. And one or two other shards of a party.

The whole thing is the society has changed and conservatives, by their nature, resist change to the last. But the last is now here. Some will not change, they are the Tea Party types and they are the ones that will explode the Republican party.

And this is a natural occurrence. Nothing lasts forever in static form.

If you don't like private prisons and so many gd people in prison, stop voting GOP. Everyone should be able to vote. GOP hater dupes!
Where did I say I dont like private prisons or wanted to let convicts vote?

You really need to take a reading comprehension class, dude.

Forum List

Back