Zone1 My spirituality has undergone some significant changes..

I haven't found one dogma of the Catholic Church that i have a problem with. I notice antiCatholics don't talk about, 4 example, the dogma of Human life is sacred from cradle to grave

something few other churches mention...

Then there are other dogmas... just don't have a problem with them. In fact, I heard something about Vat II people didn't want the Council to be dogmatic. They knew they wouldn't be able to get their damn changes in (liberalism) if it were a dogmatic Council

good thing is, though, since it is not a dogmatic Council, we can and should reject the monstrosity
I don't believe in a virgin birth. I never believed it was a sin to consume meat on Friday especially when they condoned eating fish!! I don't believe in 'Thou shalt not kill' but I do believe in the Jewish interpretation 'Thou shalt not murder.' I don't believe that priests & nuns should have to remain celibate. Just a few.....

I don't believe in a virgin birth. I never believed it was a sin to consume meat on Friday especially when they condoned eating fish!! I don't believe in 'Thou shalt not kill' but I do believe in the Jewish interpretation 'Thou shalt not murder.' I don't believe that priests & nuns should have to remain celibate. Just a few.....
well, it doesn't matter what you believe. It is what GOD wants that matters. And in Revelation it says that "no unclean thing will enter Heaven"--which means we had better be about the business of being "clean" as opposed to un-clean (against God's will).

Why is the virgin birth so hard to accept? Can't God do anything He wants w/ his own creation?

and celibacy.. I've been celibate so long I've forgotten... (mostly bc I don't want to remember). Celibacy is our original state in nature. Maybe it is sex that is unnatural? I dunno... just a thought. All I know is that I don't miss any of that.. all it was was misery and disaster. You can say I never found the right one but... you may be wrong. I found the right one.. or so I tend to t hink sometimes but that person was devoted to celibacy just as I am and... well, it's a long story..

short version is: I believe celibacy is what God wants, or i should say Chastity. not all are called to celibacy as I feel strongly I am.. Jesus said to become like children. Children do not have sex (we fervently hope!)

I got this far.

This is insane. You're saying that all people failed and so the Church failed , thereby saying that Jesus failed, which is to say the Church according to you was human ONLY.

You cannot get around this.

Either Jesus kept His promise or He didnt. Jesus knows humans better than anyone. He knew the kind of Church He would have to "build" (mt 1618) so that it would never be destroyed by the nefarious humans. HE KNEW THINGS... imagine that!

And so He built His Church

and you... you come along 2000+ years later and say "Jesus's Church was destroyed by humans"... not the gates of Hell, mind u, but mere humans...

please
Only you would interpret poorly. The reason why all the people failed was because they followed imposter bishops. No one had the authority. And, then Matthew 16:28 happened. The Lord appears to Joseph Smith and the kingdom returns and he re-established his Church.

well, it doesn't matter what you believe. It is what GOD wants that matters. And in Revelation it says that "no unclean thing will enter Heaven"--which means we had better be about the business of being "clean" as opposed to un-clean (against God's will).

Why is the virgin birth so hard to accept? Can't God do anything He wants w/ his own creation?

and celibacy.. I've been celibate so long I've forgotten... (mostly bc I don't want to remember). Celibacy is our original state in nature. Maybe it is sex that is unnatural? I dunno... just a thought. All I know is that I don't miss any of that.. all it was was misery and disaster. You can say I never found the right one but... you may be wrong. I found the right one.. or so I tend to t hink sometimes but that person was devoted to celibacy just as I am and... well, it's a long story..

short version is: I believe celibacy is what God wants, or i should say Chastity. not all are called to celibacy as I feel strongly I am.. Jesus said to become like children. Children do not have sex (we fervently hope!)
No, God cannot do anything he wants, he supposedly gave us free will. Mary apparently did not have that so, I believe it's just dogma. Celibacy was instituted thousands of years ago (1563) at the Council of Trent to keep priests (who had great power) from getting married and having their children inherit property that the Church believed was theirs.

Only you would interpret poorly. The reason why all the people failed was because they followed imposter bishops. No one had the authority. And, then Matthew 16:28 happened. The Lord appears to Joseph Smith and the kingdom returns and he re-established his Church.
you have not answered my Q about

If Jesus promised, and we know he did, that his Church (not the man made ones but HIS) would never fail

why are you saying it failed?

Please stop changing the topic

No, God cannot do anything he wants, he supposedly gave us free will. Mary apparently did not have that so, I believe it's just dogma. Celibacy was instituted thousands of years ago (1563) at the Council of Trent to keep priests (who had great power) from getting married and having their children inherit property that the Church believed was theirs.
that last is not true. Priestly celibacy was adopted somewhere around the 10th century and was implemented bc the people (it's always the people who accomplish things) preferred going to celibate priests. It is not dogma that priests cannot marry. But it is highly unlikely that will change... ever.

Mary was conceived w/o original sin so of course she would agree to be the Savior's mother.. She had no sin to assert itself, no selfish desire to do her own thing.

I suggest praying the rosary.. I began to understand many things whne I started praying the rosary.. things I had never begun to ... even think about much less comprehend

I was raised Catholic.. although... what does that mean, really? All we did was go to Mass on Sunday... We forgot about Jesus the rest of the week... sigh (I found Him in a big way when young, though..)

Well, you can't help who your family is.. But somewhere along the line, my life fell apart, as it always does when you drift away from Jesus. One thing leads to another and the old domino effect takes over and .. you can come to a very bad place.

But God appears to have intervened in my miserable life.. While some things actually got more miserable after I discovered the rosary... spiritually, I began to get better.. Then I started going not just to Sunday Mass but daily Mass... and my spirit seemed to be off and running.. so to say..

Then I discovered some really rotten stuff in the Church.. and .. sorry to disappoint certain anti-Catholics, but it had nothing to do with pedophilia... amazing how that is not the problem for most Cahtolics. But that is not to say my own problems were not serious (though obviously there is hardly anything more serious than molesting a child..).

Well, long-story-short, I then began studying the Church after Vatican II... not impressed to say the least.. and in fact... suffice it to say that many undesirables were "consulted" at the Council, even Communists and other nefarious types.. whereas the OLD Church (the true Church, Society of St Pius X, the Church up until 1958) had always condemned communism. Some have called JP II a commie-lover or something to that effect.. and I believe it. Again, when he lived in Poland, most Catholic clergy were being persecuted, not able to come and go as they wanted, but somehow, JP II (not then pope) was allowed to do so.. and I could go on and on but this is about me more than JP II.

So then I saw things in the TRUE Church that bothered me also (long story). But suffice it to say that..

I can understand people not wanting to go to ANY Church... you see things there... un-Christian stuff.

+
I'm able to separate the dirty bath water from the baby.

that last is not true. Priestly celibacy was adopted somewhere around the 10th century and was implemented bc the people (it's always the people who accomplish things) preferred going to celibate priests. It is not dogma that priests cannot marry. But it is highly unlikely that will change... ever.

Mary was conceived w/o original sin so of course she would agree to be the Savior's mother.. She had no sin to assert itself, no selfish desire to do her own thing.

I suggest praying the rosary.. I began to understand many things whne I started praying the rosary.. things I had never begun to ... even think about much less comprehend
Yes it is truly one reason for the continuation of the practice of celibacy. As far as the rosary, I was born and raised catholic, went to catholic schools and am well familiar with the rosary. Praying the rosary is a meditation with prayer. Not unlike chanting. It will indeed open your mind because it is a way of limiting the chaotic intake of the world around and suspends unneeded thinking so one can focus on, in this case, religious thought. Also, in meditating, one can become more aware of the 'now' instead of being triggered by past events or speculating about an unknown future.

you have not answered my Q about

If Jesus promised, and we know he did, that his Church (not the man made ones but HIS) would never fail

why are you saying it failed?

Please stop changing the topic
Jesus didn't fail. He told Paul there would be an apostacy and a need for a restoration of the Church. Again, you are sidestepping the obvious in Matthew 16:28 that the Church (Kingdom) was going to come back to the earth from heaven. Logically, that means it had to be taken from the earth. Not because Jesus failed, but because the people, church and bishops failed. But, the kingdom of heaven was still in good hands and protected and did not fail. The ironic thing is it never would have needed to be taken off the earth had the bishops and people fallen away into apostacy. You know that this very same things is prophesied in Daniel as well.
Daniel 7:14 "And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed....18 But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever."
Daniel 2:44 "And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever."
Yes sir, the Latter-day Saints shall possess it until his coming and never given to another.

Jesus didn't fail. He told Paul there would be an apostacy and a need for a restoration of the Church.
r.
once again I cannot read all your post bc I get snagged on the first thing(s) u say...

WHERE in the Bible (Catholics have both Bible AND Church but non-Catholics do not so I have to put things this way).. WHERE in the Bible does it say that Paul was told by Jesus there would be an apostasy?

I've read the New T several times and HEARD it over and over at daily Mass for years and years and have never heard that... certainly not in those exact words..but I don't recal anything remotely like it

These are 'the rest of the dead' spoken of in Revelation.

Revelation 20:5
But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished.
well, whatever... looks like you have one of those man made Bibles bc I don't recall anything remotely like it in my more reliable (way) Douay Rheims.. but of course protestants will say that I am wrong, not them and it just goes on like thatforever... (I"m right, you're wrong bc Catholics are crazy or what have u... so tiresome..)

Yes it is truly one reason for the continuation of the practice of celibacy. As far as the rosary, I was born and raised catholic, went to catholic schools and am well familiar with the rosary. Praying the rosary is a meditation with prayer. Not unlike chanting. It will indeed open your mind because it is a way of limiting the chaotic intake of the world around and suspends unneeded thinking so one can focus on, in this case, religious thought. Also, in meditating, one can become more aware of the 'now' instead of being triggered by past events or speculating about an unknown future.
well said. I have experienced the same. To put it in my own words... the rosary lifts me up above all the stupid stuff.. if only for the time I pray it.. I mean,

well, somewhere i heard that when u pray the rosary, Mary and the saints pray WITH you... can't get any better than that!

There are a lot ofbad things going on in hte Church, but... that's because there are human beings there..

well said. I have experienced the same. To put it in my own words... the rosary lifts me up above all the stupid stuff.. if only for the time I pray it.. I mean,

well, somewhere i heard that when u pray the rosary, Mary and the saints pray WITH you... can't get any better than that!

There are a lot ofbad things going on in hte Church, but... that's because there are human beings there..
Yes we agree on the rosary. As far as bad things going on in the Church, religion provides a framework and an example of how to live one's life. Being a believer does not automatically absolve one from falling short of those goals however, it's always possible to get back up and resume one's pursuit of those goals because religion provides objective morality and does not change with the day to day fluctuations in one's emotional state.

once again I cannot read all your post bc I get snagged on the first thing(s) u say...

WHERE in the Bible (Catholics have both Bible AND Church but non-Catholics do not so I have to put things this way).. WHERE in the Bible does it say that Paul was told by Jesus there would be an apostasy?

I've read the New T several times and HEARD it over and over at daily Mass for years and years and have never heard that... certainly not in those exact words..but I don't recal anything remotely like it
Do you really think the Popes would have in Mass that the RCC church aposticized and is not the true Church? Try to expand your reading and understanding by reading the Bible on your own. You will learn a lot more that way. Here are a few scriptures and there are more if you are looking for apostasy.
  • changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant, Isa. 24:5.
  • this people draw near me with their mouth, Isa. 29:13.
  • darkness shall cover the earth, Isa. 60:2.
  • a famine … of hearing the words of the Lord, Amos 8:11.
  • his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, Matt. 13:25.
  • saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many, Matt. 24:5.
  • shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, Matt. 24:24.
  • his disciples went back, and walked no more with him, John 6:66.
  • shall grievous wolves enter in among you, Acts 20:29.
  • there be divisions among you, 1 Cor. 11:18.
  • I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him, Gal. 1:6.
  • who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey, Gal. 3:1.
  • shall not come, except there come a falling away first, 2 Thes. 2:3.

The last one is Paul stating that before the 2nd coming of Christ, there is an apostasy of the Church as the heavens were closed with no prophets nor apostles. They had the writings but had to interpret themselves without the Holy Ghost.

I was raised Catholic.. although... what does that mean, really? All we did was go to Mass on Sunday... We forgot about Jesus the rest of the week... sigh (I found Him in a big way when young, though..)

Well, you can't help who your family is.. But somewhere along the line, my life fell apart, as it always does when you drift away from Jesus. One thing leads to another and the old domino effect takes over and .. you can come to a very bad place.

But God appears to have intervened in my miserable life.. While some things actually got more miserable after I discovered the rosary... spiritually, I began to get better.. Then I started going not just to Sunday Mass but daily Mass... and my spirit seemed to be off and running.. so to say..

Then I discovered some really rotten stuff in the Church.. and .. sorry to disappoint certain anti-Catholics, but it had nothing to do with pedophilia... amazing how that is not the problem for most Cahtolics. But that is not to say my own problems were not serious (though obviously there is hardly anything more serious than molesting a child..).

Well, long-story-short, I then began studying the Church after Vatican II... not impressed to say the least.. and in fact... suffice it to say that many undesirables were "consulted" at the Council, even Communists and other nefarious types.. whereas the OLD Church (the true Church, Society of St Pius X, the Church up until 1958) had always condemned communism. Some have called JP II a commie-lover or something to that effect.. and I believe it. Again, when he lived in Poland, most Catholic clergy were being persecuted, not able to come and go as they wanted, but somehow, JP II (not then pope) was allowed to do so.. and I could go on and on but this is about me more than JP II.

So then I saw things in the TRUE Church that bothered me also (long story). But suffice it to say that..

I can understand people not wanting to go to ANY Church... you see things there... un-Christian stuff.

+
There is some weird disconnect that some have that you HAVE to go to Church. Sure, it would be great to be with others wanting to be close to God and sharing your experiences good and bad... but, unfortunately, many modern Churches are not about that. Your relationship with God is what matters most.

Yes we agree on the rosary. As far as bad things going on in the Church, religion provides a framework and an example of how to live one's life. Being a believer does not automatically absolve one from falling short of those goals however, it's always possible to get back up and resume one's pursuit of those goals because religion provides objective morality and does not change with the day to day fluctuations in one's emotional state.
well, that is one reason people should at least respect the Catholic faith even if they disagree on such things as statues and other stuff.. But it seems the most hated entity in the world is the Catholic Church.

Well, then why don't I myself hate it?

and you know... there's a long story THERE.. If anyone should hate it, it would be me. But again, that's a long story..

This is one reason I so appreciate the late Bishop Lefebvre. He essentially told me (through his writings) that my feelings and thoughts and frustrations RE the Church are not unfounded... not due to some weird psychological quirk within... (not that I ever really believed that about most of my problems w/ the Church anyway...). He showed me the details about all the evils done at Vatican II (communists and other anti-Christian people were allowed to change things that were never supposed to change. The dogmatic teachings RE the Mass were canonized by Pope Saint Pius V... UN-changeable... but the evil ones changed things anyway

As for my own bad experiences: Evil is evil. When a priest mistreats a parishioner... How can that be justified? Today, I blame Vatican II for a lot of my own experiences in the Church that were unpleasant.. "You will know them by their fruits"

One day years ago I asked myself why some behavior of (this or that) Catholic bothered me so much. I mean, Why, I asked myself, can't I just let this go and move on

and the answer came to me: that it is very disturbing when Christian people cannot even seem to dothe simplest thing that Jesus asks of us... so it wasn't just feeling sorry for myself but... being disturbed at how few people REALLY obey Jesus.. and I am not talking about the difficult things He said.. I'm talking about just basic Christian courtesies toward others and that kind of thing... things that don't cost a person much..

Last edited:
well, that is one reason people should at least respect the Catholic faith even if they disagree on such things as statues and other stuff.. But it seems the most hated entity in the world is the Catholic Church.

Well, then why don't I myself hate it?

and you know... there's a long story THERE.. If anyone should hate it, it would be me. But again, that's a long story..

This is one reason I so appreciate the late Bishop Lefebvre. He essentially told me (through his writings) that my feelings and thoughts and frustrations RE the Church are not unfounded... not due to some weird psychological quirk within... (not that I ever really believed that about most of my problems w/ the Church anyway...)

I mean, evil is evil. When a priest mistreats a parishioner... How can that be justified?

One day years ago I asked myself why some behavior of (this or that) Catholic bothered me so much. I mean, Why, I asked myself, can't I just let this go and move on

and the answer came to me: that it is very disturbing when Christian people cannot even seem to dothe simplest thing that Jesus asks of us... so it wasn't just feeling sorry for myself but... being disturbed at how few people REALLY obey Jesus.. and I am not talking about the difficult things He said.. I'm talking about just basic Christian courtesies toward others and that kind of thing... things that don't cost a person much..
The most difficult of Jesus' teachings is to forgive. John Paul II forgave his would be assassin, Agca who was sentenced to life in prison. After the Pope forgave him he was pardoned at the Pope's request.

Last edited:
The most difficult of Jesus' teachings is to forgive. John Paul II forgave his would be assassin, Agca who was sentenced to life in prison. After the Pope forgave him he was pardoned at the Pope's request.
I'm not sure forgiveness is the hardest thing of what Jesus said

doing good to evil people is at the top of my list..

I pray for them, but I don't believe Jesus wants us to be in their company at all... (depending on the evil in question but the Word says Be not unequally yoked w/ unbelievers... don't live with them or hang out with them is the way i see it.. They can really bring u down.. )

Forum List

Back