Zone1 My spirituality has undergone some significant changes..

rightnow909

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2021
I was raised Catholic.. although... what does that mean, really? All we did was go to Mass on Sunday... We forgot about Jesus the rest of the week... sigh (I found Him in a big way when young, though..)

Well, you can't help who your family is.. But somewhere along the line, my life fell apart, as it always does when you drift away from Jesus. One thing leads to another and the old domino effect takes over and .. you can come to a very bad place.

But God appears to have intervened in my miserable life.. While some things actually got more miserable after I discovered the rosary... spiritually, I began to get better.. Then I started going not just to Sunday Mass but daily Mass... and my spirit seemed to be off and running.. so to say..

Then I discovered some really rotten stuff in the Church.. and .. sorry to disappoint certain anti-Catholics, but it had nothing to do with pedophilia... amazing how that is not the problem for most Cahtolics. But that is not to say my own problems were not serious (though obviously there is hardly anything more serious than molesting a child..).

Well, long-story-short, I then began studying the Church after Vatican II... not impressed to say the least.. and in fact... suffice it to say that many undesirables were "consulted" at the Council, even Communists and other nefarious types.. whereas the OLD Church (the true Church, Society of St Pius X, the Church up until 1958) had always condemned communism. Some have called JP II a commie-lover or something to that effect.. and I believe it. Again, when he lived in Poland, most Catholic clergy were being persecuted, not able to come and go as they wanted, but somehow, JP II (not then pope) was allowed to do so.. and I could go on and on but this is about me more than JP II.

So then I saw things in the TRUE Church that bothered me also (long story). But suffice it to say that..

I can understand people not wanting to go to ANY Church... you see things there... un-Christian stuff.

+

Last edited:
I was raised Catholic.. although... what does that mean, really? All we did was go to Mass on Sunday... We forgot about Jesus the rest of the week... sigh

Well, you can't help who your family is.. But somewhere along the line, my life fell apart, as it always does when you drift away from Jesus. One thing leads to another and the old domino effect takes over and .. you can come to a very bad place.

But God appears to have intervened in my miserable life.. While some things actually got more miserable after I discovered the rosary... spiritually, I began to get better.. Then I started going not just to Sunday Mass but daily Mass... and my spirit seemed to be off and running.. so to say..

Then I discovered some really rotten stuff in the Church.. and .. sorry to disappoint certain anti-Catholics, but it had nothing to do with pedophilia... amazing how that is not the problem for most Cahtolics. But that is not to say my own problems were not serious (though obviously there is hardly anything more serious than molesting a child..).

Well, long-story-short, I then began studying the Church after Vatican II... not impressed to say the least.. and in fact... suffice it to say that many undesirables were "consulted" at the Council, even Communists and other nefarious types.. whereas the OLD Church (the true Church) had always condemned communism. Some have called JP II a commie-lover of something to that effect.. and I believe it. Again, when he lived in Poland, most Catholic clergy were being persecuted, not able to come and go as they wanted, but somehow, JP II was allowed to do so.. and I could go on and on but this is about me more than JP II.

So then I saw things in the TRUE Church that bothered me (long story). But suffice it to say that..

I can understand people not wanting to go to ANY Church... you see things there... un-Christian stuff.
I believe everyone who posts here is going to go directly to Hell with no stops

My life became way better after I dumped religion and superstition. Trying to square what Jesus said with the hateful things Christians do without guilt was a source of constant irritation.

I was raised Catholic.. although... what does that mean, really? All we did was go to Mass on Sunday... We forgot about Jesus the rest of the week... sigh (I found Him in a big way when young, though..)

Well, long-story-short, I then began studying the Church after Vatican II... not impressed to say the least.. and in fact... suffice it to say that many undesirables were "consulted" at the Council, even Communists and other nefarious types.. whereas the OLD Church (the true Church, Society of St Pius X, the Church up until 1958) had always condemned communism. Some have called JP II a commie-lover of something to that effect.. and I believe it. Again, when he lived in Poland, most Catholic clergy were being persecuted, not able to come and go as they wanted, but somehow, JP II was allowed to do so.. and I could go on and on but this is about me more than JP II.

So then I saw things in the TRUE Church that bothered me (long story). But suffice it to say that..

If it ain’t in the Bible, it ain’t nothing to do with God.

My life became way better after I dumped religion and superstition. Trying to square what Jesus said with the hateful things Christians do without guilt was a source of constant irritation.
well, today I understand far better than I ever did why you say such things. However, not all Christians are bad. I have to confess I once thought that, though.. but I have met some beautiful Catholics.. who take Jesus's Words seriously..

+

Judging God by watching humans.
How intellectual.
I have had the same thought...

In a way, though, you cannot blame people totally for this attitude.. and now I .. as I say.. know better than ever how it is people come to feel this way..

If it ain’t in the Bible, it ain’t nothing to do with God.
not true

but I am not going to go off on a rabbit trail vis a vis doctrine and the differences between this "church" and that... that is not what this thread is about.. (not to mention the fact that people when discussing religion and when they have differences.. don't listen.. so I don't believe in wasting time. That is one of my beliefs I never... OK, RARELY have a temptation to violate)

True Christians aren't like that. It's the tares that give the church a bad name.

not true

but I am not going to go off on a rabbit trail vis a vis doctrine and the differences between this "church" and that... that is not what this thread is about.. (not to mention the fact that people when discussing religion and when they have differences.. don't listen.. so I don't believe in wasting time. That is one of my beliefs I never... OK, RARELY have a temptation to violate)
You stopped short of telling us what this thread is about.

True Christians aren't like that. It's the tares that give the church a bad name.
yes and even Jesus did not say to separate the tares from the wheat--until the END when He himself does that

so why do... those outside the church(es) do that?

maybe bc they don't want the restrictions they know Christ would impose on them? And yet, His restrictions give us TRUE freedom... and are for our own good.. and if all we achieve in this life is to make it to Heaven.. THAT is all that matters..

(esp since Jesus said few make it there)

not true

If it ain’t in the Bible it’s manmade.

If it ain’t in the Bible it’s manmade.
ha ha... I am an expert on what is man made and what is of God.. (as much an expert as anyone else who has followed Jesus for decades and usually more so)

sola scriptura is a heresy

you can't contain all of God in a book. The Church has always known that..

The Church put the Bible together but protestants don't want to give the Catholic Church any credit for such... or any credit for anything, for that matter.. those damn Catholics! they can't do ANYTHING right...

well, today I understand far better than I ever did why you say such things. However, not all Christians are bad. I have to confess I once thought that, though.. but I have met some beautiful Catholics.. who take Jesus's Words seriously..

+
Turns out you don't need churches or other Christians to be a Christian. In fact I see it as an impediment. If you are in a group you will soon figure out the minimum level of virtue it takes to remain acceptable.

Turns out you don't need churches or other Christians to be a Christian. In fact I see it as an impediment. If you are in a group you will soon figure out the minimum level of virtue it takes to remain acceptable.
i can't argue w/ that..

too bad I can't..

ha ha... I am an expert on what is man made and what is of God.. (as much an expert as anyone else who has followed Jesus for decades and usually more so)

The Church put the Bible together but protestants don't want to give the Catholic Church any credit for such... or any credit for anything, for that matter.. those damn Catholics! they can't do ANYTHING right...
If it ain’t in the Bible, it ain’t instructions from God.

"The devil's greatest trick was convincing the world that he didn't exist" -- Charles Baudelaire

And BTW - the Maccabees have never been accepted by Jews as authentic Scripture.

"The devil's greatest trick was convincing the world that he didn't exist" -- Charles Baudelaire
The devil gets a lot of blame for plain old shitty humans doing shitty things. Some of them go to church and feel like a little lip service to the lord makes it all Ok.

Forum List

Back