My opinion on the key to the West maintsining its global success

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
This hurts me as a libertarian minded person but it must be done. 1) Get the cost of housing/rent down. Even if this demands robust laws to suppress rent increases (in particular). This is eating up too many citizens earnings and greatly damaging the broader productive/innovative economy. This is the #1 ke to long term economic success.. It also encourages more children born locally. 2). Focus almost exclusively on intelligent, ambitious and educated citizens for immigration. Stop the race to the bottom. Now. 3). Decrease debt and punish nations economicaly for their human right abuses. At the very least,.cut off high profit, big ticket items for import as a.response. This all requires America lead. Share this with the G20 and lead by example. America has globally unique.Goodwill baked in with herConstituion, stand on the soapbox.

Yes.

Wanting government controlled rent is very unlibertarian of you.

Yes.

Wanting government controlled rent is very unlibertarian of you.
It is desperately needed. Hell, I'd even suggest a rollback. Massive amounts of money spent on unproductive, stagnant aspects of the economy is a major tax on the broader economy in terms of lost.fevenue for so many industries. I am seeing it in Canada and the results are not pretty.

It is desperately needed. Hell, I'd even suggest a rollback. Massive amounts of money spent on unproductive, stagnant aspects of the economy is a major tax on the broader economy in terms of lost.fevenue for so many industries. I am seeing it in Canada and the results are not pretty.
You could make a million arguments similar to this for lots of left-wing ideas.

You could make a million arguments similar to this for lots of left-wing ideas.
Food and shelter keeps us alive. People paying.$4k a month for a box in the sky that was built 70 years ago is absurd.. It absolutely.impacts the greater economy and attracts investment for passive wealth rather than active, job creating wealth.

Food and shelter keeps us alive. People paying.$4k a month for a box in the sky that was built 70 years ago is absurd.. It absolutely.impacts the greater economy and attracts investment for passive wealth rather than active, job creating wealth.
I'm not even trying to disagree with you. My opinions are pretty passive here. I was just being a bit of a devil's advocate.

This hurts me as a libertarian minded person but it must be done. 1) Get the cost of housing/rent down. Even if this demands robust laws to suppress rent increases (in particular). This is eating up too many citizens earnings and greatly damaging the broader productive/innovative economy. This is the #1 ke to long term economic success.. It also encourages more children born locally.
Housing costs are high because of too much gubmint, no too little of it it.

Rent controls are counter-productive in the long run. It reduce incentives to maintain existing housing or build new housing, leading to a growing mismatch between housing supply and demand and an increase in prices overall. This has been proven time and again.

This hurts me as a libertarian minded person but it must be done. 1) Get the cost of housing/rent down. Even if this demands robust laws to suppress rent increases (in particular). This is eating up too many citizens earnings and greatly damaging the broader productive/innovative economy. This is the #1 ke to long term economic success.. It also encourages more children born locally. 2). Focus almost exclusively on intelligent, ambitious and educated citizens for immigration. Stop the race to the bottom. Now. 3). Decrease debt and punish nations economicaly for their human right abuses. At the very least,.cut off high profit, big ticket items for import as a.response. This all requires America lead. Share this with the G20 and lead by example. America has globally unique.Goodwill baked in with herConstituion, stand on the soapbox.

You should definitely buy some housing and charge less rent.

Friend - health insurance is eating us alive.
Since Obamacare - most insurance plans are now what catastrophic plans use to be, but at 10x the price.
We are all paying $600 - $1500 a month for virtually nothing.
I said Obamacare if passed would turn health insurance into a donation plan only. As in - you are donating your money for absolutely nothing in return due to high deductibles and life crushing out-of-pocket maximums.

Friend - health insurance is eating us alive.
Since Obamacare - most insurance plans are now what catastrophic plans use to be, but at 10x the price.
We are all paying $600 - $1500 a month for virtually nothing.
I said Obamacare if passed would turn health insurance into a donation plan only. As in - you are donating your money for absolutely nothing in return due to high deductibles and life crushing out-of-pocket maximums.
Sounds like Canada. Except we pay with our lives...

Forum List

Back