‘My god what an idiot’: JD Vance gets whacked for past Trump comments through $1 million in attack ads

• Banned
excerpt:

“I’m a Never Trump guy,” Vance said in an interview with Charlie Rose in 2016, a clip used in both the new ads. “I never liked him.”

Both ads also feature a screenshot of a Vance tweet from October 2016. “My god what an idiot,” he wrote, referring to Trump.

Vance expressed a similar sentiment in other interviews and since-deleted tweets from that time, including publicly mulling the idea of supporting Hillary Clinton, calling Trump “noxious” and “reprehensible.”

The ads will play back those comments to viewers watching NFL and NCAA games in the Cincinnati television market, with a smaller buy on Fox News and a corresponding radio spot.

Vance has said that he regrets his criticism of Trump.

Democrats are largely united behind Rep. Tim Ryan.

While internal Mandel polling this summer showed the former state House member with a 28-percentage-point lead in the race, a poll commissioned by a pro-Vance super PAC put Mandel just 3 points ahead of Vance, at 19 percent and 16 percent, respectively. That survey, released Thursday, was done by Trump pollster Tony Fabrizio

While Sen. Sherrod Brown in 2018 was reelected statewide as a Democrat, Ohio has shifted red in recent years. Trump carried the one-time swing state by 8 points in 2016 and won it again by the same margin in 2020.

• Banned
that's because Trump is MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE

we all bow in his presence and kiss his feet

excerpt:

“I’m a Never Trump guy,” Vance said in an interview with Charlie Rose in 2016, a clip used in both the new ads. “I never liked him.”

Both ads also feature a screenshot of a Vance tweet from October 2016. “My god what an idiot,” he wrote, referring to Trump.

Vance expressed a similar sentiment in other interviews and since-deleted tweets from that time, including publicly mulling the idea of supporting Hillary Clinton, calling Trump “noxious” and “reprehensible.”

The ads will play back those comments to viewers watching NFL and NCAA games in the Cincinnati television market, with a smaller buy on Fox News and a corresponding radio spot.

Vance has said that he regrets his criticism of Trump.

Democrats are largely united behind Rep. Tim Ryan.

While internal Mandel polling this summer showed the former state House member with a 28-percentage-point lead in the race, a poll commissioned by a pro-Vance super PAC put Mandel just 3 points ahead of Vance, at 19 percent and 16 percent, respectively. That survey, released Thursday, was done by Trump pollster Tony Fabrizio

While Sen. Sherrod Brown in 2018 was reelected statewide as a Democrat, Ohio has shifted red in recent years. Trump carried the one-time swing state by 8 points in 2016 and won it again by the same margin in 2020.
Every republican is one tiny slip away from being a RINO and a primary challenge.

Forum List

Back